home

Author Topic: OK, Now what?  (Read 1482 times)

Offline xnet445

• Members
OK, Now what?
« on: June 05, 2005, 12:13:54 AM »
Do we have a game plan? Are we posting previous fights, or are we starting from scratch as of today?

Hard to believe the campaign is finally here  :biggriin:  :clap::clap::clap:
Quote from: sawgunner101
(these rumors are) like getting a free candy bar, but only if you let somebody kick you in the nuts first.
[/quote

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
OK, Now what?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 12:29:35 AM »
Something you could do is look at the Stirland army list and try to develop some tactics for it.

Oh an soon I imagine you wont be so alone. :-D
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline nosramuk

• Members
OK, Now what?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 01:34:15 PM »
Hey ho all, I have pledged my altdorfian troops to the Stirlands noble cause. Long live the Graf!

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
OK, Now what?
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 09:58:08 AM »
Look at the Stirland list and develop tactics for it? I hope there's more to the campaign than that  :wink: ...
Anyway I'm here, where's the meat?
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
OK, Now what?
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 05:17:14 PM »
I guess getting a sorta head count would be good...So we know who we are working with and all
The long road back to Stirland...

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
OK, Now what?
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 06:24:33 PM »
If you want to know who's supporting Stirland, then check out the Usergroups. It contains a list of all Stirland players.
I've already made a suggestion to some of the mods about making clear who is supporting which faction to all faction, and they said they'd look into it. After all, it's a lot easier to wage a war when you know who you're fighting, right  :wink: ?
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Senor D

• Members
OK, Now what?
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 10:06:17 PM »
Hi.

I fight for Stirland (but mostly Sigmar).

Just letting you know.
yep.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Members
  • Empire GT Winner
OK, Now what?
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 02:43:59 AM »
My soldiers have already forced-marched around the enemy's flank...and await the moment to strike.

Greetings to all my fellow campaign winners!

Long live Stirland!

The Village Idiot
Quickly everyone, chant the Canticle of the Battalion Concept. Maybe we can convert him!
-Rufus Sparkfire, Imperial Scrivener

Offline Rev

• Members
OK, Now what?
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 03:25:17 AM »
Greetings,

Ruben van den Burgh, the Red Boar of Marienburg, stands ready at the head of his Glorious Mercenary Legion.  We may have come at the promise of gold, but we remain to fight for honor and glory - we have a reputation to uphold, after all.

So, somebody tell me where to start stabbing.

Offline Eat Lead

• Members
OK, Now what?
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 12:44:25 PM »
Hello there chaps,

Just to let you know my soldiers are waiting impatiently and my horses are champing at the bit, ready for the call to war.

I do have a question though; how will the campaign work? Will we have to fight other, local, Empire players or will anyone do? Or do we have to fight forum members from a different faction?
If someone could fill me in on this I would appreciate it.
"I'm only going to use this bed for sleeping, eating and possibly building a little fort."

Offline PygmyHippo

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Washington, DC, U.S.A.
OK, Now what?
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 01:51:10 PM »
@Eat Lead.  Here's the info as I have it:  

All battles count against all opponents, Empire or not.  Timmy from Asur.org (who, along with our Calvin) developed the campaign engine and web site.  Alot of it is still a bit mysterious until the formal start of hostilities is announced, however, Timmy has written to us (campaign team) that essentially you fight a battle at a certain location (say, Udo's Fall) and submit your results.  Since you are registered with a faction, your victory will help Stirland, your loss will hurt Stirland.  If you didn't play against an Empire player your result still counts, but if you DO play against another Empire army of another faction, then there will be a bonus attributed to your submission.  Also, if you actually play using some of the scenarios from the newsletters or the campaign web site, then you get additional bonuses.  Therefore, the more fluffy your battles, the more in-theme they are with the campaign, the more they will help the cause.  Your opponent needn't be registered in the campaign for the battle to count, but you should really encourage your friends to register, regardless of army or race.

Of course, this was how we planned it.  Exactly how (and how much) was implemented in the final build will soon be made clear when the campign is fully opened for battle.  That, along with the way locations are held or lost, how battles connect, and so on will be made clear in the coming week.

The campaign team is preparing a longer "how to" and a revised FAQ to coincide with the campign going alpha.

Offline Brother Huss

• Members
OK, Now what?
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 02:00:34 PM »
I, Marshall Maxwell Payne von Krieglitz, in response to the offer of gold and in hatred of the foul usurpers of my birthright in Talabecland, have marched my valiant band of men to the aid of Stirland. I bring with me all righteous and devout followers of Sigmar. Not only do I wish to see the foul followers of the heretical cult of Ulric thrown back into their own lands but I wish to purge Talabecland of the Ulrican scourge and reclaim my ancestral lands therein.

Long have I wandered, an outcast and hunted man devoted to Sigmar. In my journies I have fought many foes, man and beast, defeating them all in the name of Sigmar. I have won many honors and spoils of war, yet I long to avenge my parents, long mouldering in the grave, slain by Ulrican priests for their Sigmarite teachings. If you search your history texts you will find Krieglitz among the names of the former rulers of Talabecland. So, you see, I have a birthright to reclaim and vengeance will be mine!

My sword is for Stirland, as long as Stirland opposes Talabecland! So, I say "Long may Stirland stand against Talabecland."

My only request is a simple one: pay me well and provide a safe haven for me and my men.

Your servant,
Marshall Maxwell Payne von Krieglitz
When you win you teach. When you lose you learn. Come let me teach you.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Members
OK, Now what?
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 11:37:47 PM »
Well, greetings to all.  My forces have heard the call and have mustered for the defence of Stirland.  

Since I am currently campaigning in Lustria, I should be able to muster a sizable force from the gold I send back from the Jungle.

I request that those generals here who have a clue tell me where I should fight.  I will march there and remove any enemy that I find.

Thank you all.
It takes but one foe to breed a war, and even those without swords can still die upon them.