home

Author Topic: Plan of Attack  (Read 1514 times)

Offline sid_vicous

• Members
Plan of Attack
« on: June 21, 2005, 03:29:17 PM »
Hey brave men of Middenheim/Kislev.

The campaign is going to go live soon and I was thinking of beginning to dicuss specifics. Attacking Stirland at the Uneasy Watchman seems like a sound plan since they are the strongest faction and need some humbling with their blood on swordblades. If we go after the strongest faction we can strike a serious blow to them and easily win the campaign.

Offline rha celt

• Members
Wait for a better breakdown
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 04:31:50 PM »
My feelings are we need to wait. The maps we are working off of may end up being broken up further. As for my forces they are in the middle of a forced march to the marshes thinking an extreme flank attack is less likely to be expected.  I also think a deep push through the marshes with a swing left or right after would put us behind there main armies allowing for some fun.  This may not work for all but my Force is now mostly mounted after the addition of the three new Kislev units.
When in doubt attack, hey sometimes it works

Offline Nightshadow

• Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 06:05:19 PM »
I think we should do it a bit like the CoL in SoC. Have a few people decide on an "attack advice" (of course you still decide where you attack, we'll just be more effective this way), and revise it every 3? days or so.
Graf Wilhelm Anderssen, Leading the Marburg Company (Stirland), joining Helstrom's 4th.
Awarded with the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation and the Scroll of Ludendorf.
NC: 5/2/1

Offline LizardKing

• Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 02:24:22 AM »
I think we all need to attack in the same place, otherwise we'll get spanked by the more organized factions. just my thoughts.

-Pete
-kill 'em all, let ULRIC sort 'em out

Offline Frederick Ironstrom

• Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 10:53:34 AM »
Yes I agree we must organise ourselves to fight as a cohesive force, we must hit very hard or not at all.

We should all agree on where to attack, by opinion or a poll or whatever, but whichever target the majority favour thats where we give battle, regardless of whether you agree or not.

United we will crush our enemies. :x

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 12:01:27 PM »
Yup this makes sense.

Campaign has started and the prelim battle reports are in, Fort Gregory has taken some hits and has seen some slight defense.

Playing a game tonight and will put the result up for Fort G (assuming I win) if we don't have a plan ready yet.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 03:17:31 PM »
Stirland and Talabecland are mainly scrapping over at Udo's Fall and Rhya's Sisters.

Brustenbruck and Kaltenbach - our contact with Talabecland seem to be very quiet.

Fort G has had some hits and we have made some hits at The Uneasy Watchman.

Number of games seem to be the problem, some of the Stirland and Talabecland youngsters are posting reports like crazy - and claiming massacres for nearly every one. Using campaign armies that could be 1200 point hits.

Are we all aware of the scoring system :?:

The main problem will be number of games I think - we need to maximise ours with opponents and try to play a special location scenario as well.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Frederick Ironstrom

• Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 03:45:54 PM »
Yes we seem to be on the back foot, Ill try to get a game against a DoW army and we'll use a specific scenario. I'll hit the Uneasy watchmen.

Just a suggestion to the senior officers- since we seem to be reporting less we should make each one count, can we please get a good flow of commucation going with regards to where you want us to hit.

Thanks,
Frederick.

Offline rha celt

• Members
where do you want them?
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 04:07:21 PM »
I have three battles from this weekend I would like to post. One draw and two minor victories. The good thing is although they were not against Empire opponents they wer at least scenarios that count for points.
When in doubt attack, hey sometimes it works

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 06:16:39 PM »
@rha celt:
I would be tempted to wait until tomorrow pm if you can - and choose the Uneasy Watchman - reasoning below.

I think that General H is back tomorrow/Thursday to do first battle scores posting to the map.
A lateish surge from us will not give the Stirlanders a chance to retaliate too much.

You can read the reports in the Battle reports forum and see what is going on mostly.
It would appear that the Stirs and Talabs are having a right scrap over at Rhya's Sisters and Udo Falls.

We seem to have taken a few hits at Fort Grigory and countered a bit at the Uneasy Watchman.

I would be tempted to concentrate our attacks at the Uneasy Watchman, with a defensive eye on Fort Grigory.

Kaltenbach and Brustenbruck seem to have had no action at all yet, and it may be worth keeping it that way.

Bechafen is probably worth ignoring at the moment - if we let the others scrap there they are wasting efforts against us.
Control of Bechafen will probably be important at the end of the campaign, but if we could take and hold the Uneasy Watchman and Brustenbruck we could deny some of the direct access to Bechafen for the other factions.

My suggestion would be to take a fairly wait and see policy at the moment - the first 'scoring' batch will probably be done Thursday, and all the held over battles will be out of the way after that - so we will then be able to judge how many battles are being played generally by each faction.
Stir and Talab have some youngsters playing LOTS of games - see my post in the main Campaign forum about 'speed gaming'.
[I'm already working on the psychology side guys, even if I won't play too many battles.]

Also at last count we have 27 registered, Stir has 38, and Talabec 19.

It is important that we maximise our games:

- choose a campaign army list

- play a scenario for a location

- and try to play empire opponents - even if you have to lend them models for example.

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Nightshadow

• Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 10:55:49 PM »
The great thing is that Stirland, because it is fighting Talabecland, is fighting on two fronts. And we are almost not attacked by Talabecland. So I agree that we attack on the Uneasy Watchman, so that Stirland, who has the largest number of members, keeps fighting on two fronts.
Graf Wilhelm Anderssen, Leading the Marburg Company (Stirland), joining Helstrom's 4th.
Awarded with the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation and the Scroll of Ludendorf.
NC: 5/2/1

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 07:27:33 AM »
I agree this initial spate of battle reports will slow down due to being able to post past battles.

I also agree that holding back to hide our intention is a good idea, In that light I will hold back my rather disappointing draw I got last night to report only tomorrow. At least it was against empire.

Offline Middenland_is_Okay

• Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 04:54:10 PM »
We were attacked by Talabecland? I thought they only have *ice* for Stirland!!(get it, they are from the north, and don't like the stirs, arharharharhar)
I make no sense, and I don't care!!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 05:06:55 PM »
Quote from: Middenland_is_Okay
We were attacked by Talabecland?

Not really it was a Talabecland attack fought at Fort Grigory according to his post................

............and Talabecland cannot attack Fort Grigory - only Kaltenbach, so hopefully it will not count due to stupidity of that general :wink:

I mean if he doesn't even know where he can fight what use is he. :roll:

PS. MIddenland-is-okay:
Welcome to the forum, even if you do sadly lack a sense of humour :wink:

I hope you have read the Welcome Forum thoroughly, and maybe you should find the "Introduce Yourself" thread and post in there.

• Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 12:52:13 AM »
Lol, It comes from my dad, we can't help but make dumb jokes.

EDIT: I cannot find the battle reported at Fort Grigory by a Talabeclander.

Offline Diakon

• Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 07:57:10 AM »
Quote from: Middenland_is_Okay

EDIT: I cannot find the battle reported at Fort Grigory by a Talabeclander.

It was reported by stirlander (DanielHelion) who fighted Talabecland (Helblaster). That's okay for them, but how in the names of gods did they managed to fight at Fort Grigory???

The report is titled "Why?".  :lol: Yeah, why?!  :roll:

• Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2005, 02:29:57 PM »
lol. But are you not allowed to report any battle you want at the location of your choice? (Or do you have to choose where you are fighting before the battle?)

Offline Rorrak

• Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2005, 02:35:20 PM »
As a Stirlander he could have reported the battle against Fort Grigory. The fact that he was fighting another player also in the campaign is irrelevant.

Offline Diakon

• Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2005, 06:47:18 AM »
Yes he could report the battle at Fort Grigory. The wierdness of situation is the fact that it was talabeclander who defended kislev fort against stirlander. And he miracluously managed to lose this very battle to the same person he posted so many massacres against in the Talabecland/Stirland frontline.

No, no, I don't accuse anybody in anything.  I just wonder on strangeness of situation.

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
Plan of Attack
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2005, 09:48:09 AM »
Ahh the wonders of war ...

see what happens when you attack our fort? some one else attacks you!

Mine enemies enemy is my friend what?
Grand Writing Competition winning entry;
"I was there! With the Men of Erlach!"

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"
- Oscar Wilde

• Members
Plan of Attack
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2005, 04:10:39 PM »
Wow, now I am really confused.