home

Author Topic: *sob* Treachery.  (Read 4952 times)

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
*sob* Treachery.
« on: June 08, 2007, 05:53:05 PM »
Ok, so it appears that the Dwarfs have decided to completely ignore our pleas, and have made themselves, in their online entirety, the lowest life form in their society: Oathbreakers. Oathbreakers who have not even become Slayers! I say we should all put some along the lines of Dendo's Siggy in ours, maybe:

"Proud member of DOB (Death to Oath Breakers)."

What say you guys?
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
Re: *sob* Treachery.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 06:03:59 PM »
Stand up against idiocy!  Fight the Stunties this Summer and show them what happens to Oath Breakers!
I'm in college!

Offline Ratarsed

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 06:31:15 PM »
What is it they have done to merit such emnity?

Sided with the Orcs? :Ohmy:

Ratarsed

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 06:32:52 PM »
Eh, what the heck Let Em Burn

Proud Member of DOB
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 06:35:33 PM »
What is it they have done to merit such emnity?
Sided with the Orcs? :Ohmy:

It's a long story.  They approached VC in some manner and told the Empire to shove it (not in so many words).  Many feel that we've been betrayed by the Dwarfs of Bugman's.  It stems from the events of the Nemesis Crown campaign and diplomacy that has taken place because of it.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline The Real Rick Salamone

• Members
  • Kelly Clarkson Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 06:37:09 PM »
I am starting my own extermination campaign against all stunties.  This is unacceptable and will not go unpunished.
EEFL!
Eighth Edition for Life!

Join us at:

eefl.freeforums.net

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 06:40:41 PM »
I should've clarified.  They haven't actually sided with the VC, just approached them (in what capacity I'm not sure).  At the same time, they have made an alliance with several other groups (ogres, High Elves, Lizards) and have smacked aside our attempts at an alliance.  At best we will have a non agression pact, but I don't know how that will work as the campaign progresses.  Needless to say, things are strained.

It doesn't help that we've been called weak and fickle on numerous occasions by the very same race that we stood beside for 2500 years.

I can't say that I'm in the burn every dwarf category, but I understand the feelings.

not together.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 06:43:42 PM »
They adhere to Campaign fluff and use that as an excuse when they tell us to go away.*

They ignore campaign fluff for their own benefit, and to our disadvantage.*

They stole Cisse's idea for a "Council Of The Wise".  AND they exclude us from it.

They approached the Vampire Counts about an Alliance.  The VAMPIRE COUNTS.

*Meanwhile, Bretonnia has been gracious to work around Nemesis Campaign fluff to ally with us under most favorable terms.  And we all know how you can bend or remake poor GW campaign fluff - look at the Orcs and Goblins in the Storm Of Chaos!

The are Oath Breakers, death to them.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 07:35:03 PM by Dendo Star »
I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 06:47:07 PM »
It was actually Cisse's idea.  I just ran with it and have been one of the most vocal people about it.  Didn't want to take credit for something I didn't do. :wink:

not together.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 06:49:44 PM »
Modified and fixed.  I was not ever all for it by any stretch, but it is a damn solid idea.  And it involved all races, logically.
I'm in college!

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »
I was as dismayed as the next man by the dwarfs attitude towards the Empire in the NC.

But name calling?  Isn't that all a bit playground?

Wouldn't it be better to "take the moral high ground" and (excuse the pun) "be the bigger men"?

[P.S. Shouldn't this thread be in the NC forum?]
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline Ratarsed

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 03:56:42 PM »
Name calling works for me!

I don't know if I will get to play many Nemisis crown games against Dwarfs, but if I do I shall make sure they get a jolly good thrashing for their impudence. Weak and fickle?!? :icon_evil:

How dare they! How very dare they :ph34r:

Ratarsed

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 04:56:01 PM »
It was actually Cisse's idea.  I just ran with it and have been one of the most vocal people about it.  Didn't want to take credit for something I didn't do. :wink:
Time constraints due to exams, that's all - wait a bit, and I'll show you what vocal really means... :wink:

Joking aside, I think Wiss picked the idea up very quickly, and we both expanded on it. It was first proposed to the Dwarfs at Bugman's, but they found it unacceptable.
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 05:41:14 PM »
@clausewitz:
Yeah, crazy thing is that name calling has never been started by us. It started with Manling... Not a name we invented, I think you can agree.

It really irks me that they:

a) Hire Flesh eating Ogres as mercenaries;
b) Ally with people who have, over the years, been responsible for a great many crimes against Dwarfs, along with ruining their empire;
c) Approached the foul, Chaos tainted Vampire Counts;
d) Constantly scorned and mocked us, and when some of us want to rise above the fluff they shut us down. Insult to injury, my dear sirs! We try to uphold our part of the Empire's ancient alliance with the Dawi, and they bring out every grudge they have as an excuse NOT to keep up their end. If they had a true sense of pride, they would have entered themselves into their own Book of Grudges.

Rant over. But seriously guys, I think we should fight to oppose the Dawi when the occasion arises, as they will most likely be our biggest threat! Last I recall we wanted to work on clearing the forest, right? I would bet they want to take our efforts and keep the forest themselves. Just like they stole cisse's idea.

So say it loud and proud in those siggy's:

DOB! Death to Oath Breakers!
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 06:03:10 PM »
Huzzah death to the Oathbreaking Traitors! May they die a thousand deaths!
Quote from: Dendo Star
In America, God makes gas prices cheaper because we slaughtered plenty of native savages.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 06:12:45 PM »
Well, they're really small, so they'll need to die 2,000 deaths to make up the difference.
I'm in college!

Offline HeraldOfTheFree

• Members
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 06:12:55 PM »
I agree... to a degree.
The Nemesis Crown Dwarf players may be oathbreakers, but I'm damn sure my Dwarf army (that fights alongside my Empire!) isn't!

Death to Bugmans Oathbreaking Dwarfs!
Death to Bugmans Oathbreaking Dwarfs!

Offline Giladis

• Members
  • Asur Admiral
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 06:27:05 PM »
If what you say is true and they have approached VC for an alliance you may be sure to expect a suden change of sentiment among the Elves.
The South will raise again!

Join the Solland Liberation Army!

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 07:10:20 PM »
Haven't you guys been paying attention?

They approached them some time ago.  And that puts you on their side.  The side that approached the Vampires.

Why else do you think we're so angry towards the High Elves and Dwarfs?*

*I would like to point out I, nor the others here, have any bad feelings towards the Ogre community in this Campaign.  Ogres are awesome.  They approached the Dwarfs on their own accord and have remained delightfully in-character and in-fluff.  They have behaved just like the Ogre Kingdoms of the game.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 07:14:08 PM by Dendo Star »
I'm in college!

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 07:16:34 PM »
Yeah, I admire the Ogres efforts, and even ended up voting for the alliance over on the Dawi forums, even though I'm not a very active member over there. In fact, it appears the Ogres have more honour than the Dwarves.

However! Word to the Wise: Bugman himself is an Administrator over here. Don't get to derisive.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Mark Perry

• Members
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2007, 07:39:01 PM »
Loyal Dwarfs of the Empire remain appreciated and welcomed. They serve in my army and other Dwarf continue to serve the Empire in which they live.

The Oath Breakers on the other hand should be seen with pitty and contempt.

Offline Ratarsed

• Members
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2007, 09:08:30 PM »
I suspect over at Bugmans it is the drink talking. Once their heads clear and they realise the error they have made the ranks of the Slayers are going to swell a bit.

I think for the campaign games all empire players should get hold of one of the tied up Dwarfs from the Battle of Skull Pass, attach it to your war alters or knight units and drag it around the battlefield as punishment to the oathbreakers :icon_twisted:

Ratarsed

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2007, 09:38:05 PM »
Ratarsed, you are a blooming genius! I'm doing it.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2007, 10:55:24 PM »
I suspect over at Bugmans it is the drink talking. Once their heads clear and they realise the error they have made the ranks of the Slayers are going to swell a bit.

I think for the campaign games all empire players should get hold of one of the tied up Dwarfs from the Battle of Skull Pass, attach it to your war alters or knight units and drag it around the battlefield as punishment to the oathbreakers :icon_twisted:

Ratarsed

Dude!
I'm in college!

Offline Ansel

• Members
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2007, 01:01:26 AM »
I'm going to paint mine right now. I lost in my last game with dwarfs because he castled and I couldn't crack the nut. I'm sure if I stick that tied up dwarf in front of my cannon he will be charging me. Especially after the first time the cannon successfully fires!

Realistically I am wondering if GW is trying to shake up some things by having a falling out of Dwarfs and Humans. That would effectively rewrite alot of fluff.
"The problem in my last battle was that my detachment was too detached!"