home

Author Topic: Alliance Status  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Frosty

• Members
Alliance Status
« on: June 11, 2007, 01:52:37 PM »
Hi,
Is there some way we can display an "at a glance" list of current alliances or non-aggression pacts (between internet communites) without having to cosntastly scan posts here & on rival forums for updates...

E.g.

Faction:     Allies:                  Non Agression:
Empire       Brettonains              High Elves

Orcs           Chaos Dwarves         ??

Dwarves      Ogres, High Elves     ??

Thats probably completley wrong info but somthing like that would be really usefull as a sticky topic in this forum.

Call me lazy if you will but im not going to have much internet time in the next few weeks so reading endless posts is not an option for me.

As for the updating of the list maybe our spies on other forums can inform the mods here of the lastest position of enemies/friends so list can be kept up to date.....

Frosty
Empire 2011 Tourney results.
2nd % Winnerish War, Reading
3rd % Wargames Workshop Vendetta, Northampton

www.oxfordgamingclub.co.uk

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: Alliance Status
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 03:10:05 PM »
It's a pretty close assessment, Frosty.  It gets a little sticky with the 'good' races and the fact that none really wants to fight another.  We have a non agression with every good race only because they've all said they've got other enemies that are more pressing.

I will post what I know right now.  Each army will have it's ally listed next to it or any interesting notes.

Empre: Bretonnia

Dwarfs: Ogres, High Elves, Lizardmen

Bretonnians:  While they are allied with us, they also have a non-agression stance towards every other good race.  It is their hope to act as a mediator between warring factions of the old Conclave.

Wood Elves:  After beastmen mostly, but not shying away from attacking anyone.  If we stay out of their way, they said they won't attack.

Orcs: Chaos Dwarfs

That's what I know so far.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Frosty

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 03:52:44 PM »
Does anyone know the intensions of the communities for...

Chaos (mortals/beasts/demons)?
Dark Elves?
Tomb Kings?
Vampires?
Skaven?

Given my limited understanding of the campain mechanics, there are only 3 factions. Empire, Dwarf & Orc... & and even though Mr Chaos/Skaven etc may be doing his own thing he will also have to record a victory under 1 of the 3 main factions... (thats hows its working in my local GW at the moment)

Can we assume the evil races will support the Orcs to cause maximum havoc? or (dare i say it) do we try & recruit some to record their victories for the defense of the Empire.

Vampires & Skaven might be an unlikely allies here... Their realms are within Empire borders so they are inadvertently helping us by attacking any Orc or Dwarf searching parties. (distasteful as it sounds, may I suggest a non aggression treaty with them?, Obviously we can't trust them but our friends are thin on the ground at the moment.)

(p.s.  My Pegasus captain has just has his fluff changed to become a Brettonian knight who has married into an Empire family so he now fights for the Empire.. this is to celebrate the alliance between us!)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 04:14:53 PM »
It's actually a free for all.  The alliances are just a side product that will probably be reflected in the fluff.  The Dwarfs just happen to have an objective that lines up with several other races which is why they can side with one another.  Everyone else doesn't really have a need or a reason to side with us.

Some of the bad factions may have alliances with one another, but I don't know about them as of yet.

not together.

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 04:34:03 PM »
I believe the Dark Elves and Orcs are possible allies.  At least last time I checked there were discussions taking place between them.
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline Volkbane

• Members
  • Lord of the Anarcho-Syndicalists
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 12:38:43 AM »
The enemy of our enemy is our friend.

I was a Co13 member at the Underempire during Storm of Chaos and the Skaven are definately great allies to have in a fluff campaign.  My provincial syndicate is a bit corrupt, I admit, but I look at this sort of like how the US Gov. got the Mafia to protect the ports against the Axis.  Thanquol can be our Vito Genovese.  Frankly I don't see how it could backfire on us.

Patriarch of the royal Kass family, Athalwolf 'Volkbane' Von Kass, son of the late Volkmar Von Kass, father to Konrad and Ron Von Kass.   Patron of Bretonnian pilgrims, defender of Freisenhaffen.

Offline Ostermarker

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 06:50:18 AM »
Well, we're going to be on the defensive and the Skaven are directly looking for the chunk of wyrdstone. I think that it would be pointless for them to attack a defended position unless they thought the crown was there.
So, Ostmarkers wear purple, but it's manly purple, not like that Bretonnian purple.

Offline Frosty

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 10:06:18 AM »
Hmm, thinking about it I think we are pretty screwed as far as allies go... 

Of the "good guys" we have the Brets on board but have lost the High Elves & Lizardmen to the Dwarves.
The Wood Elves have yet to make thier mind up as to what thier doing. ( http://www.woodelves.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7541&sid=36a145804066feaa438b6157c54916f4 )

And the 'bad guys'
Chaos:  We could never ally with Chaos in any of its forms
Tomb Kings: Will be attacking us & our ally Brettonia so we must fight them
Vampires: Allready have a fluff alliance with the Dwarves
Skaven: Don't see the value of an alliance, they seem to want to do thier own thing
Dark Elves: In negotiations with the Orcs
Chaos Dwarves: Signed up by the Orcs
Ogres: Signed up by the Dwarves

Due to the campain being played in our lands its unlikely we could get any of these powers to help us as they would all benefit from our destruction so they can grab our territory and expand their empires.
(+ The church of Sigmar would never let the Emporer ally with any of these tainted powers anyway)

So I belive our only hope is for the Wood Elves to come to our aid...

I know we are a powerfull race and have proved ourseleves as stout defenders of our lands in the SoC.
BUT this time we don't have the powers of light (Dwarves, HE, Lizards) helping us so we are left to fight Evil & the dubious Dwarf alliance at the same time!

I can see us getting spanked here  :icon_sad:

Frosty

« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 10:09:53 AM by Frosty »

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 10:31:50 AM »
I think that is a slightly pessimistic proposition you have set out. Remember it is not everyone against us, each race has their own enemies who will also be in our Empire so they will then not be fighting us so much. The war the scoring works the only way we will get spanked is if we do not report many fights and all those that we do are losses.

On the whole it will be everyone for themselves, alliances do make us a little stronger but are most important for getting our fluff across. But I will highlight it again the only way we can 'win' is for people to play, report and get their opponent to report.

The other races will come crawling back.
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Frosty

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 11:01:39 AM »
Maybe my local GW store is doing things differently from how the greater campain will work but here how they are doing it...

You can use any army but you must declare which faction you fight for (Empire, Orc, Dwarf)

You have an army (& a pin on the edge of the map)... you play a game, if you win you can stick another pin in a hex adjacent to a hex you allready hold. 

So your win adds another hex to your armies patch but your win also counts as a victory for the faction you pledged to. (& score is being kept)

Maybe my store is doing something totally independent or maybe they are going to report these faction scores to HQ?

I'm not entirely sure so I will ask them on Thursday (sorry if I'm spreading dis-information based on how my local GW is doing things)  :ph34r:

Unfortunately most people have pledged to the dastardly dwarves in my store too   :icon_sad:  which is another source of my pessimism i guess...

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 11:54:21 AM »
I can understand your position then.  But that's not the way it's run by GW.  It would make it easier, but it's not that way.

http://nemesis.us.games-workshop.com/help/default.htm#campaign

That's where you can find a lot of information about how the campaign runs, and there's a link that will tell you the scoring.  Allies in this campaign are basically for fluff purposes alone.

not together.

Offline Ostermarker

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 06:57:14 PM »
I think, that now, we should start talking with other forums of every army we can to organise fluff agreements.
So, Ostmarkers wear purple, but it's manly purple, not like that Bretonnian purple.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 07:03:11 PM »
I think, that now, we should start talking with other forums of every army we can to organise fluff agreements.

Uh, we've been.

Lizardmen, Wood Elves, High Elves, Greenskins, Orges, Bretonnians - you name it.
I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 07:05:26 PM »
http://www.warvault.net/nemesis/index.php

That's the place where we're getting things ready in fluff terms.  It's much easier that way then jumping from forum to forum.

not together.

Offline Volkmar The Grim

• Members
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 06:12:46 AM »
Vampires: Allready have a fluff alliance with the Dwarfs

yeah but VC has no king or not yet they do :icon_twisted: But if we play our cards right i reckon we could get some Vampires on our side :icon_lol:

Offline Tillmann Spyri

• Members
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 08:07:01 AM »
I don't know about on your side, but I for one am open to a fluff alience with the empire. Indeed, I've already decided to have my new BD thrall have been one of the Hunters of Sigmar in life.

However, my vamps are not working with the VC at large. This time, they're working with the DE in the barren hills (who are rebles from Malekith). Still, anything you want mentioning in fluff. (Hunters of Sigmar, Huntsmen, any battles (we can say, for instance, The Emipre had few forces in the area, cos they were fighting O and G over at the bitter moon inn. Only better written) we are game for. In return though, mention us in your fluff. (the winds of magic blowing strong, bright lights that can be seen even from the bitter moon inn, and huntsmen reporting on the battle.)

Since we are fighting on opposite sides of the map (that is, the guys at druchii . net are only going for Tor Thana.) We can have an entirely benefical fluf allience, in the barren hills at least, with out even fighting. :icon_biggrin:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 08:19:15 AM by Tillmann Spyri »

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 03:51:59 PM »
Cool idea Tillmann.  You probably already know this, but the Hunters have only been in existence since the SoC.  It's not a huge factor, but will help with consistency of fluff.

not together.

Offline Tillmann Spyri

• Members
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 03:57:56 PM »
No worries, I've got him down as recently sired. Thanks for the catch though. Have a look if you like.

http://www.warvault.net/nemesis/viewtopic.php?t=84

Wholfe has only so far shown up in chapter 2, but he will be back.

Do you want me to start a thread for fluf exchange? There we can put up a better list of what we want the other to mention.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 04:02:24 PM »
Go ahead.  Even if we despise each other IC, there's no reason we can't cooperate so we can all get fluff mentions. :biggriin:

not together.

Offline Flagellant

• Members
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 04:39:55 PM »
IMO its a good idea to put the data with alliances & NAP's from the first post into a sticky in the nemesis part of the forum so its easy to read up on the latest developments.

(not sure on this but i'd say that'd be a job for wissenlander as he already seems to be running the entire  campaign for us )
"We fight them with our steel,
we fight them with our courage,
but above all we fight them with our faith in Sigmar"

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 04:42:13 PM »
I'm pulling my share.  I'm actually not a mod, Jerok is the guy for the job on this.  I'll PM him about posting this in a sticky.

not together.

Offline Jerok

• Members
  • Captain Campaign
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2007, 08:20:06 PM »
THis is explained in the new Sticky by Dendo, so i'm locking this thread.