home

Author Topic: The Province of WISSENLAND  (Read 94398 times)

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
Re: The Province of WISSENLAND
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 05:12:58 PM »
Todbringer sure looks as he could, but there is also the Cult of Sigmar. It might not be beyond them to try and puch one of the Arch-Lectors or even the Grand Teogonist for the position of the Emperor on the wing of their strengthening following SoC.
Oh, I just had a nasty thought...

Its the Nemesis Crown campaign. Volkamar finds the nemesis crown and Karl Franz mysteriously disapears, Volkamar becomes Emperor by popular demand  :evil:
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 05:30:08 PM »
There was a discussion a month or two back on if one of the non Elector Counts could gain the throne.  Since they are Electors, I don't see anything preventing it really, there just isn't a precedent for it, which would carry a lot in a society such as the Empire.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Giladis

• Members
  • Asur Admiral
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 03:46:33 PM »
Could you point me to that discussion.
The South will raise again!

Join the Solland Liberation Army!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2007, 11:58:01 AM »
I believe this is the discussion that you were asking about:

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=15397.225

not together.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 02:19:09 PM »
OH, and at this rate you should be just as angry with with Averland, Veldemere. :laugh:

Dang Solland lot, causing trouble. :wink:

Now now, I thought we were behaving until the end of this campaign, sorry I have not checked out this forum lately but it looks like you and Giladis have been doing some great detective work to try and establish the borders and by the sounds of it the current thinking is looking closer to where it would be. The only part that confuses me is that in the new army book it says something about areas of Solland no longer inhabited due to the level of destruction, I can't see anywhere on the map where there would be an obvious taint. I had always assumed this tranch of land was between the southernmost surviving town and the mountains, but this would not appear to be the case in Wissenland, mabe it is a section of Averland I will have to check.

Oh and don't worry about those Averlanders Wiss, they will get whats coming to them mark my words!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2007, 02:26:33 PM »
Yeah, based on the new maps, the only desolate area is where you stated, Veldemere.  That was one of the main reasons I initially thought that was the former Solland.  I found some stuff on Mad Alfred's page that dealt with Sudenland and Wissenland and I believe that Giladis' information to be correct.  But the old Wissenland looks more desolate than the old Solland from that newest map.

not together.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2007, 09:52:59 AM »
Well thats what happens when your Elector buggers off to Whore herself round Nuln (bugger, thats me going into hiding then!).

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2007, 11:28:31 AM »
Well, if there's one thing that we all have in common, it is a hearty disliking for von Liebewitz.

not together.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2007, 09:54:53 PM »
Wiss

I am dying to know what new information you have uncovered, no doubt it will get you off the hook and send me after Averland.

V

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2007, 11:49:08 AM »
Ah, yes.  Thumbing through Sigmar's Heirs, I naturally went straight for the Wissenland section.  Good info in that and if I had the money I would've bought it.  Anyway, on to the interesting information...

It talked about the rigid and seemingly depressive nature of Wissenlanders, and it went into the destruction of Solland.  Apparently that is a large blight in the minds of Wissenland and to this day Wissenlanders take the destruction of Solland personally. 

not together.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2007, 10:30:08 AM »
Ahhh good so we can continue to be allies. I will have to find a copy of sigmars heirs and cross reference with Averland and see if I can find any more about it. Hopeully this information source will not be a contradictory as other sources we have found.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2007, 11:45:58 PM »
I know this is possibly risking the wrath of the toothless inquisition but here we go, please lets try to discover any more we can about our ancestral right to Solland.

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2007, 11:53:12 PM »
I know this is possibly risking the wrath of the toothless inquisition but here we go, please lets try to discover any more we can about our ancestral right to Solland.
dude, your in the Inquisition... And I happen to have all my teeth  :-D <--- See?

And none of these threads (the Province topics ones) can be considered threadomancy anyways

Solland is a made up place, it never existed      :roll:
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Rutgar of Wissenland

• Members
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2007, 05:46:54 PM »
Does anyone have some good pictures of Wissenland State Troops painted up?  I'd love to see some examples.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2007, 05:53:30 PM »
I'll see if I can borrow a camera from a friend so I can get pics online.  No promises though.  FR1DAY's probably got the best Wissenland army that I've seen thus far on this site.

not together.

Offline Rutgar of Wissenland

• Members
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2007, 01:59:36 AM »
I have a question about Wissenland.  As I stated in other threads, I got the 5th Ed. "Idol of Gork" boxed set.  In it, the main character is the 2nd son of a noble from Wissenland.  Now, I am not sure how the nobility works in the Empire.  I assume that there are a number of nobles in Wissenland that culminate with the Elector Count (who parties in Nuln).  That doesn't mean that there aren't other nobles in Wissenland, right?

Let me quote a snippet of the boxed set:

Rutgar was the younger son of Count Wilhelm of Wissenland, one of the dukedoms of the Empire.  From an early age, Rutgar had known that it was his older brother who would succeed their father and rule in Wissenland.
[/i]

Now, that isn't conflicting, right?  I am led to believe that Count Wilhelm is in charge of Wissenland.  Or is it just that he is in charge of his land in Wissenland?  I guess that's the way I should take it, anyways, right?  Or else I am conflicting with the proper storyline.

Offline Giladis

• Members
  • Asur Admiral
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2007, 03:30:36 PM »
Before year 2515 Wissenland was a separate province from Nuln but didn't have an Electoral status. It had often been ruled by the Emperors themselves in addition to their own domain. It was in 2515 when Elector Countess of Nuln become the Countess of Wissenland that the electorla status moved from the city state of Nuln to the province of Wissenland. Though through out its history Wissenland had the Electroal status but at some point lost it and since then it has been on an on and off basis.

So if I am not mistaken the characters from the "Idol" are from before that time and I see nothing wrong with them.

Cheers
The South will raise again!

Join the Solland Liberation Army!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2007, 12:31:08 PM »
In Sigmar's Heirs it talks about the different government systems in the provinces.  Wissenland is Feudal with a council of burghers, churchmen and nobles meeting in Wissenburg when the Countess so desires.  Rutgar could be a noble of a 'fief' somewhere in Wissenland and since he's the 2nd son, he won't rule those lands.  It doesn't necessarily mean that he would be in the royal house to rule Wissenland, just a town or series of towns.

not together.

Offline empiresilly

• Members
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2008, 01:46:48 AM »
Greetings All,

Please excuse me for my lack of proper knowledge of the Grand County of Wissenland, I only became aware of the Empire just 2 days ago.

I have a few questions and I am hoping that the great nobles that reside here will straighten me out  :smile2:

1. What is the main religion of Wissenland?

2. What would be the very basic army structure for a Wissenland army?

3. Does Wissenland have any knightly order chapterhouses, if so, which ones?

4. What would be the most likely Wizard to call Wissenland home?

And yes, I am an utter and complete noobie  :biggriin:

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2008, 10:44:05 PM »
Greetings All,

Please excuse me for my lack of proper knowledge of the Grand County of Wissenland, I only became aware of the Empire just 2 days ago.

I have a few questions and I am hoping that the great nobles that reside here will straighten me out  :smile2:

1. What is the main religion of Wissenland?Sigmarite, but not as devout as a bit further north

2. What would be the very basic army structure for a Wissenland army?plenty of state troops, and greatswords

3. Does Wissenland have any knightly order chapterhouses, if so, which ones?see my last point

4. What would be the most likely Wizard to call Wissenland home?i would say bright and beasts

And yes, I am an utter and complete noobie  :biggriin:

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have answered to the best of my limited knowledge but the main point to say is be a little patient for your answer as this site has a genuine expert, just wait a few days until Wissenlander returns from Canada (he will find this)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2008, 12:44:01 AM »
Oh Veldy...you're a man after my own heart. :wink:

1.  One of the arch lectors of Sigmar resides in Nuln which is still 'attached' to the province.  Wissenland was the site of a miracle of Sigmar, where he/his spirit/something saved a group near the mountains.  The tribe that were the founders of Wissenland were staunch followers of Sigmar during the founding days.  Sigmar's Heirs (sourcebook which is very good) stated that Taal and Rhya were quite popular in Wissenland as well.  Myrmidia's influence is more prevelant in Averland, but extends to Wissenland somewhat as well as there's some influence from Tilea due to the various passes and proximity.  Wissenlanders are known as very pious people, and somewhat superstitious as well, and are known for their devotion to many gods, though, too.  So they make it a point to make their rounds to all the different deities through the week.

2.  Wissenland is a poor province and relies on more basic troop types and hit and run tactics.  Horse archers are a mainstay as are pike regiments from Wissenburg (could be used as spearmen though).  The bow is a common weapon as well and using huntsmen and archers is quite fluffy.  Anything that's expensive wouldn't be that common.  A few regiments of swords or greatswords or cannons would be alright (especially if there were connections to Nuln from one of the nobles).

3.  Not many big knightly orders really.  The order of the Broken Sword I believe is one.  And that's the only one that's coming to mind at the moment.  I think there is another, but my brain isn't working at the moment.  There is a listing of different knightly orders in the library and it's quite thorough.  I'll have to do a bit of research and refresh my memory and get back to you.

4.  According to 'A is for Altdorf' by rufus sparkfire (a recommended read for sure, can be found in the library as well) Beasts and Grey wizards are the most common in Wissenland...but by no means are they exclusive.

Hope that helps some.  Feel free to ask anything else if needed. :::cheers:::

not together.

Offline empiresilly

• Members
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2008, 03:22:47 AM »
Thanks for the help!!!

Wissenlander Horse Archers???!!!

What mini do you use for that troop type?

Thank you all again :biggriin:

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2008, 04:58:19 AM »
Wissenlander Horse Archers???!!!

What mini do you use for that troop type?

A good looking alternative would be a Pistolier / Outrider box with some Militia archer bits
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2008, 01:51:04 PM »
Exactly, Warlord.  FR1DAY has some nice looking Wissenland horse archers.  I've got some as well and will post some pictures, hopefully soon, in the Brush and Palette.  You can use them as proxy pistoliers or as Dogs of War light cavalry which is what I do.  The only problem with the light cavalry option as that they are rares, when in Wissenland they would be core.  But I don't really use the standard rares, so it works alright for me.

not together.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2008, 02:00:56 PM »
Or, failing that search e-bay for Kislev (ungol) Horse archers, they are really nice figs, imho, too perhaps a little small compared to 7th ed figs.