home

Author Topic: The Province of WISSENLAND  (Read 94415 times)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Re: The Province of WISSENLAND
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2008, 06:00:24 PM »
What's your point exactly?  :icon_confused:
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2008, 12:45:36 PM »
I was reading a linked article that Neverness provided, and came across this information.  This is the first I've heard of the real reason for the downfall of Sudenland.  Take this tail with a grain of salt, because I know not how true it is. 

...losing an entire province of the Empire thanks to an author using a cropped map as his source being a prime example -we'll never get any official background on Sudenland now.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffgforums/posts/list/15975.page;jsessionid=EE2CB8C3F91C4C9DF1C7E4B8ECA4D5F8

Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2008, 01:05:01 PM »
It probably is true, given that many of the changes in the fluff seemed completely arbitrary.

Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Graf Weber

• Members
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2008, 03:25:41 PM »
In the latest edition of the Empire book, Solland and Sudenland are both referenced. Sudenland is Solland, as there are people in the Empire (mostly nobles from Solland, according to the book) who refuse to recognize the rights of the Wissenland countess to the former realm of Solland. It's in the geography of the Empire, under "The Mighty Rivers". Second Paragraph.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2008, 03:45:09 PM »
At least they tried to meld the two together.  I'm still confused by the Solland movement, though.  Those people bear supposed grudges worse than dwarfs.

not together.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2008, 05:41:05 PM »
For the sake of completeness and keeping things together, there is a discussion going on currently in the Elector's Forum about Imperial provinces.  A decent chunk of which is in regards to the Wissenland/Sudenland/Solland area.

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=25342.0

not together.

Offline Giladis

• Members
  • Asur Admiral
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2008, 09:14:48 PM »
I am back. I am delving deeper into the background of my vampire baron who is a loyal Wissenland noble, his domains are on the very southeastern borders of what once used to be Solland.

Wiss could you PM me your e-mail as I have accidentally run into a really good compilation of history of the Empire, though there are some mistakes in it, which I believe come from earlier editions, I think it would interest you.

Cheers
The South will raise again!

Join the Solland Liberation Army!

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
  • For the Emperor, the Empire & Sigmar
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2008, 09:39:49 PM »
Wissenlander, i have noticed that the map you have done with the dark blue ink is only half correct,
ok, if you continued the line up along the rive sol to pfieldorf were the river sol meets the upper riek then continue up the river riek until you reach the black mountains, that is the area of sudenland, becouse the city of pfieldorf was the capital of both sudenland and sollond, think of pfieldorf and sudenland as the capital city and province is to Solland as the Riekland and Altdorf is to the Empire.
Long live the Crown of Solland

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2008, 12:37:08 PM »
That original map is wrong.  At the time, I was incorrect with my theory on where Solland was.  Giladis had the correct sketch, but for some reason his photos are no longer working.

not together.

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2009, 11:17:53 PM »
Its a shame really, becouse i would like to see that map, hopefully someone can sort that out.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2009, 01:25:16 PM »
I can do up another map and post it.

not together.

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2009, 10:41:32 PM »
If you don't mind doing it then that would be great becouse with all of this talk about Sollond it's got me considering about restarting my Sollond army up again once i've done my Stirlanders.

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2009, 05:48:39 PM »
First blood to Solland :ph34r: :::cheers::: :-D

Offline The Grissenlander

• Members
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2009, 10:28:45 PM »
I think it might be time that we got our part of the Solland campaign under way. Can't let those dirty rebels have all the fun you know.

His eyes shot open and he searched the darkness around him. His sight was drawn to a small flame of light that shone out of the darkness, illuminating a creased face, with ratty features. relief washed through his system as he noticed it was the face of his counsellor, Leopold Hanwiz.

"I'm sorry to disturb you my lord, but the latest news form the rest of the province has just arrived. I'm afraid it doesn't make good reading."

A frown slowly etched into his young, noble features as his eyes canned the piece of paper that had been placed in his hands. The murder of 2 tax collectors, 1 vineyard burnt to the ground, and increase in piracy upon the Upper Reik. The lands to the east of the River Soll, the former land of Solland, it seemed where experiencing some problems. Though the oddest thing was the final line, 'All noble land owners, of our glorious province of Wissenland, are summoned to a council in the city of Wissenburg'. Surely the situation in the south wasn't that dire, worse than the usual troubles in those lands, but calling a council was a bit extreme.

A slight sigh escaped his lips. "Wake the servants and tell them to prepare the carriage. i shall also want a small guard of soldiers, just encase."

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2009, 12:57:45 AM »
This is a bit premature for the story line that is occuring slowly over on the Ex-Province of Solland thread, and although it is the organizers' intent for Wissenland to come out on the winning end of this event, for it makes no sense to do otherwise at this point, it could be a good idea for us to be co-operating with one another along the way in writing the story.  At this point rushing the timeline could be counter productive in developing the fluff.  However, the writing is good, and we are very glad for those who desire to be part of creating the story. I actually like the idea of having the Wissenland perspective told here as well.  In fact, I am contemplating the development of a Wissenland character and perhaps I'll include such here or on the Ex-Province of Solland thread. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2009, 05:22:57 AM »
Soooo, how do you think the Wissenlanders would react to the engineer's guild of Nuln sending out explorers, surveyors and eventually well drillers to the wilderness of wissenland.   :icon_razz: we're looking for water really... no really really.
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2009, 11:43:09 AM »
Take a number.  We're currently handling one pest at the moment and will get to you when the time is right. :wink:

not together.

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2009, 01:03:29 PM »
Were more like varment really  :engel:
 :::cheers:::

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2009, 04:18:43 PM »
I'd call it one of those irritating nagging feelings you get when you can't remember the middle name of Josef Stalin.
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2009, 02:44:56 AM »
or for that matter why exactly he is a famous figure. 

snap, snap " I know this one, ummmm hang on he was a famous inventor of modern smelting or something wasn't he?"   "Yeeeeah, Josef Bessemerski Stalin, steel is named after him and that there russian city the germans destroyed was kinda like Detroit, you know steel town." .....  :icon_razz:

or am I off base a touch :oops:

"no that's right he was some kind of politician locked up in a South African jail for years and years, for performing medical experiments on Jews during the American Civil war." :icon_razz:.....

still wrong?  Well shoot.
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2009, 11:27:37 PM »
You know when you get the feeling something isn't quite right in the head? I got that feeling just before when I had a sudden apifany. I am a warhammer-empire.com fanatic.

I woke up this morning to splendid rain, I decided to break my fast. Looking in the pantry I realised I had no breaking fast cereal, so I jumped on my computer to look at my bank account. two hours later and I haven't checked any account whatsoever apart from reading all about Wissenland, how engineers are not getting better and whether the civil strife between Solland revolutuonaries and Wissenland will ever get posted on at least once a day.  :happy:

Also regular pilgrimiges to this site have stopped me entirely from finishing the painting on my new all night goblin army with trolls and spider riders. So I can only paint when I go to GW for painting. GAH If only i could prioritise.
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::

Offline kleth

• Members
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2009, 06:11:36 PM »
Hi, I am starting a Empire army for Warhammer, and the Wissenland troops have attracted me from the get go. I was wondering that since the fluff says it is a poor province, without swordsmen or handgunners, could I add a Nuln contingent to make up that part?  :unsure:

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2009, 06:22:00 PM »
Welcome to the forum, and to Wissenland! :::cheers:::

Of course, you can have a detachment from Nuln with little worries.  Nuln and Wissenland have been attached in some way for quite some time in fluff.

Also, even though Wissenland is a poorer province, it is possible to have small numbers of both swordsmen and handgunners.  This is assuming that you want to stick with the poor Wissenland motif, and there's nothing saying that you have to.

not together.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2009, 09:34:50 PM »
Kleth: I have a sizeable Wissenland army made of archers and spearmen. To bring in the 'flash' units, i.e. handgunners and non common war machines I have recruited a contigent from Nuln lead by an engineer. Nothing wrong with that.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2009, 09:42:39 PM »
I wouldn't say Wissenland is that poor. I mean they can, at least afford some relatively low-standard footwear, mostly made of cardboard - unlike some other provinces whom shall remain nameless...
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.