home

Author Topic: Independent Armies  (Read 52826 times)

Offline Laerniss

• Members
Re: Independent Armies
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2008, 07:53:05 PM »
I was thinking of a Myrmidian army, with capetuses, spears + sheilds (the front row uses swords+sheilds the back uses spears, is that possible?), full plate pikemen (count-as greatswords) and the self proclamed true high priest(ess, haven't desided yet :blush:)

Hey there Sniper.

Rules wise the entire unit must use the weapon in close combat. So your spear unit will be forced in close combat to pick either spear or handweapon.

You are free to model your to your liking. Rules for tournies usually state at least half the unit must be modeled to represent their stats.
- Empire spearmen also have a handweapon, so you are fine with modeling the front rank swords and the rest spears.
- This would put more difficulty on your "pike" (counts-as-greatsword) unit than the spear/sword. Ever consider going for a different pole-type weapon? A glavie, bardiche or partisan perhaps?

- Laerniss

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2008, 01:51:36 AM »
I would say a regiment of renown could fit the role a bit better. Maybe Ricco's republican guard? And they count as a Special choice as well...
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline sniperjolly

• Members
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2008, 05:55:45 AM »
I was thinking DOW's but for rico's guard (25) would cost 370 points. I need to take advantage of that 4-rank pike thing, and so I need lots of them, they get pretty pricey pretty fast, but with the griffon banner the extra rank should be worth it.
What's up with that Phillyt guy... he's not what I would call '' pleasant''.

Offline sniperjolly

• Members
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2008, 07:23:32 PM »
I will be using alscanti fellowship models with sheilds, round sheilds

EDIT: oops, ment to edit the old post
What's up with that Phillyt guy... he's not what I would call '' pleasant''.

Offline caledorsbane

• Members
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2008, 05:09:18 PM »
My army comes from the region that was solland, in the east, near to the mountains. They have good relations with the dwarves there, and between them defend the area from sall manner of evils, namely Vampire counts from the blood keep and Orcs and Goblins from the badlands. Officially, they answer to the count of Wissenland, but for most cases, they act independently and are not regarded as a part of the Empire, as they swear loyalty to more than one monarch, namely Skarvy Longbeard (Dwarf lord) , Karl Franz and King Leoncouer of Bretonnia. Their fighting force is made out of troops mainly from the remnants of solland, but also renagades and exiles, to a limit, even recrutng from nearby Bretonnia, peasents sick of their lack of glory and knights searching for the grail, or on a personal vendetta. There is an order of Imperial Knights, called the Order of Solland's Crown, made from remnamts of knightly orders who were decimated at the Battle of Solland's Crown or displaced nobles from solland who want revenge for the destruction of their land. These nobles also form the Pistolkorps, or as some residents of bretonnian heritage say, the Pistollieurs.

Hope I haven't done too much :biggriin:

Caledorsbane

Offline Psycho Pirate

• Members
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2008, 07:47:48 AM »
I'm working on an army themed after the Knights Hospitaller.  So basically everyone in the order has taken a vow of poverty, but they keep a position in the order based on their station in life, so Knights still are knights, etc.  But there are 'men at arms' in the army that accompany the knights.

I basically see the order as being from all over the Empire, and even other human realms, as there is plenty of things for the order to do everywhere.  Decided the order would be primarily Black with white trim and cross, and a third color to indicate what region the unit is from.  Higher ranking officers in the order would be allowed more leeway in the order, such as the Grand Master replacing the black with red (based on a painting of the Hospitaller grand master I saw on wikipedia) 

My specific army I ironically decided would be from Reikland (some may remember my post asking about that).  Since the order would be spread out, they would request help from local forces, so I am supplementing them with Reikland state troops.  Black and White side by side, heh.  The regional color I decided would be Blue (for the order its to indicate that they originate out of Altdorf, for the state troops its the regional lords color)

A secondary reason for the supplemental reikland troops was to have them also fit in with my Hungarian themed DoW army.  I have the fluff for the Order of the White Cross mostly figured out, just need to fine tune acouple details.  Still trying to figure out how I want to make the local lord from the Reikland look.

Offline Gustavus Magnus

• Members
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2009, 08:13:10 AM »
I am building a new army and plan to base it on the idea of a more professional mercenary army being recruited from all provinces of the empire as the Landsknechts were in the 1500s.  Possibly some of the units, like a cannon crew, will have the colors of Nuln, and the Knights will be from a specific group but the handgunners, greatswords, and halberdiers will be a mix.  I also plan to have a pike unit of mercenaries recruited from outside the Empire.
Gustavus Magnus, of Bögenhafen; Mercenary Captain, Explorer, Spy, Scout, and Outrider.

Offline Alleton

• Members
  • I'm not unit champion, shoot someone else!
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2009, 11:21:31 PM »
(Not 100% sure if this is where this goes, if not, feel free to move it)

This is the Fluff and motivation behind my army, a displaced Border Princes force. This was written back when I first got into Warhammer (Back in high school) and is a bit out of date by today's standards. I will attempt to update the storyline and fluff as I write it. For now, I will present it as it stands right now.

Justius De’Parque, Lord of the Blue Rose and Viscount to the lost Border Princes lands of La’Verillon and it’s principle city-state El-Derar, is an enigma, even to his own allies. A lord without a land, a warrior without a home, friend to dwarfs and elves alike, De’parque wages a constant and self imposed quest to rid the world of the various undead forces that plague it.
   A noble Knight and Lord, some say he was of Bretonnian blood, others say he was a Reiksguard knight’s descendant; De’Parque lost his lands to a series of disasters that seemed as if  they were divine punishments from the gods. The entire valley of La’Verillon was flooded when an earthquake cracked the valley floor and part of the Black Gulf flooded in. El-Derar was cut off for a long period of time by the Black mountains to the north, and the newly formed sea to the south. Vile Skaven chose this time to attack the city.
   Weakened from the loss of most of their croplands, as well as overcrowded by refugees from La’Verillon, El-Derar reeked of plague and death. The Skaven were driven off at a horrible cost, but before the victorious, though exhausted troops could recover, the corpses of the recent dead were animated by a villainous necromancer named Manfred Bloodhand. That the troops of the city were already exhausted from the recent battle with the Skaven was bad enough, but now they faced a massive force of undead creatures in their very homes. What was worse to these already overwhelmed troops and citizen-soldiers was that the undead army was made up of family members and friends only recently deceased due to the conditions in the city and the toll of the Skaven. The soldiers had not even had the opportunity to mourn their dead and many were unaware that their loved ones had died; now, they faced their very families in their own homes. Understandably, many died, unable to strike their own kin. Lord De’Parque, heavy though his heart was, ordered his house bodyguard of Knights to attack his own city with fire and sword. The city burned, taking the undead in the great conflagration. The few remaining guards retainers and household in the castle fought their way through to the army and the entire living population marched away from their city, the flames reaching high into the darkening sky. Many men wept openly at the horrors they had been forced to endure.
   The soldiers and refugees, weakened and hungry, traveled many leagues to the northeast, fighting their way through goblin tribes and a few beastman camps, attempting to reach friendly lands of Bretonnia or the Empire. One day however, they were beset by a force of skeletons, survivors of a hellacious battle with dwarfs. The people under Lord De’Parque’s charge were ill equipped to fight now, but with so many women and children still with them, they had no choice. De’Parque himself led the charge into the middle of the skeletons, ordering his cavalry with him and the foot soldiers to take the citizens to safety. Fighting madly, the Lord of El Derar managed to destroy the skeleton forces, turning to rejoin the main column, he saw it surrounded by a massive army of undead. Without hesitation, the remaining cavalry charged headlong into this new threat. It was not long before the humans were pushed into a circle, the weeping and screaming civilians in the center with what little remained of the soldiers, now only a few hundred, attempting to protect them.
   As the undead forces began their attack, massive peals of thunder echoed all around the combatants and whole ranks of undead simply exploded. As De’Parque looked out over the craggy valley, ranks of heavily armored dwarfs attacked the undead forces. Thunderers decimated the ranks of ghouls and skeletons while a massively armored dwarf lord obliterated the necromancer who had kept far to the rear of his horde, away from De’Parque’s force, but ironically placing him at the very front of the dwarf attack.
   With the death of the necromancer, the rest of the undead army crumbled into dust or simply disappeared. The ragged survivors of De’Parque’s people were brought into the mighty Dwarf stronghold of Karak Izor, upon the slopes of which the humans had been traveling. The proud De’Parque showed remarkable humility to the dwarf lord, asking for forgiveness for trespassing as they had no knowledge that they were traveling on dwarf land, and that he alone was responsible for any punishments the dwarfs decided upon. The dwarf king laughed, and told De’Parque that his blood was spilled protecting the dwarfs from a surprise attack from the undead. Had the dwarfs not heard the sounds of battle, they would not have known of the undead until they were already upon the very gates of the city. The lord was doubly grateful for his eldest son and youngest daughter were both outside the gates at the time and undoubtedly would have been among the first victims to the undead.
   In gratitude for their part in the battle, and in respect for a man who could show stubbornness, fearlessness, pride and humility in equal measures, the humans were fed, clothed, their wounds treated, and left a month later, much healthier and in much higher spirits. A troop of dwarf guards was sent with them to bolster their defense and provide a guide to the human lands to the north. De’Parque was gifted with Thorn, a mighty sword of black metal, secret runes of power engraved upon the blade and promises of friendship and alliance were traded with the dwarfs.
   Many adventures and hardships followed until they came at last to the lands between the Empire and Bretonnia. Technically within the borders of the Empire, De’Parque carved out a wild section of land, freed it from the orcs and goblins infesting it, and built a stronghold. Many of the dwarfen guides stayed on and helped build. The human settlement grew strong with the dwarf aid.
   Now with the might of the Empire protecting his people, and with many of the dwarfs staying on to aid in expanding and strengthening the city, Lord De’Parque leads his army out among the lands of the old world, hunting down and eliminating all undead forces they find. Their adventures have led them against many other forces too, such as Orcs and Goblins, Skaven, and even the bestial and bloodthirsty armies of Chaos. Each time De’Parque has led his army through the battles alive, but it is against the undead that the army truly reserves its hatred. None of the veterans of El-Derar have ever forgotten the parody of life that the foul necromancer gave to their loved ones, and as such every warrior from the noblest knight to the lowliest foot soldier passionately intends to see that it never happens to anyone else again. The army has gathered followers from among the Bretonnians, the Empire and even Kislev. All through the lands of men, stories tell of the lord of El Derar, now clothed all in black in mourning for his people; his shield device of a blue rose has earned him the nickname the Lord of the Blue Rose, and his army, also clad in black and blue uniforms, is called the Thorns of the Rose.

Notable personages of El-Dear:

Justius De’Parque (Lord of the Blue Rose)
General of the Empire – 80 Pts
Profile   M   WS   BS   S   T   W   I   A   Ld
Lord      4   5   5   4   4   3   5   3   9
Warhorse   8   3   0   3   3   1   3   1   5
Pegasus   8   3   0   4   4   3   4   2   5
Weapons: Sword
Options:
   Lance (+6 Pts)
   Wears full plate armor (+12 Pts), and carries a shield (+3 Pts).
Justius rides either a barded warhorse (+21 Points) or the Pegasus Nightstar (+50 Points).
May choose magic items from the common or Empire magic items list, with a maximum total of 100 points.
Thorn (100 pts) All hits wound automatically and allow no armor saves. (As Runefang) (If Thorn is taken, it counts toward General Justius’ full magic items cost, therefore he cannot take any other magic items if he chooses Thorn)
Special Rule:Ancestral Heirloom, As Lord Justius counts as an elector count and army general, one unit of state troops may have a magic banner worth up to 50 points.

Lord Alleton Silverheart
Battle standard bearer – 75 Pts
Profile      M   WS   BS   S   T   W   I   A   Ld
Lord      4   5   5   4   4   2   5   3   8
Equipment: Sword
Weapons/Armor: Wears full plate armor (+8 Pts).
Rides: Alleton rides a barded warhorse (+14 Points)
Magic Items: Magic banner, no points limit.

Alleton Silverheart is perhaps the greatest champion ever to serve under Lord De’Parque. He also enjoys the position of being Lord De’Parque’s best friend and most trusted advisor. Alleton grew up very close to De’Parque, as both their fathers were knights serving together fighting in Araby. Alleton serves as champion to the Lord of La’Verillon and the bearer of the army’s standard.

Lady Elecia Orphiel De La’Volour
Captain / Hero – 50 Pts
Lord      4   5   5   4   4   2   5   3   8
Weapons/Armor: Lance (+4 Pts) Shield (+2 Pts) Wears full plate armor (+8 Pts).
Rides: Lady Elecia rides a barded Bretonnian warhorse (+14 Points)
Magic Items: May choose magic items from the common and Empire list worth up to 50 points.

Lady Elecia is a stunning woman with flowing red hair and piercing green eyes. She is the favorite among the lower ranks on wagers as to whom their lord will eventually marry.
Elecia is a Bretonnian noblelady, a late-born daughter to a well known, yet elderly knight and his only child. Her strong will and desire to make her father proud have led her to the highly irregular act of becoming a knight errant. The codes of chivalry, and worse, tradition are less than kind to a female knight and had it not been for the memory of Lady Repanse De Lyonesse, it is quite likely that her father would have caved in under popular opinion and forced his daughter to settle into the life of an arranged marriage. Instead, Elecia set out with armor crafted especially for her and her father’s sword at her waist.
Elecia has gained some skill and has already made a modest name for herself, yet her appointed task of hunting down and bringing back the head of Lichemaster Heinrich Kemmler still eludes her. Her pride refuses to allow her to marry until she has earned her place as a knight of the realm, though Justius is obviously holding her interest. She remains with him both for her love, and because his quest to eradicate all undead compliments her own search for Kemmler.

Veregard Grimheart
Wizard Lord Level 4 – 210 Pts
Wizard      4   3   3   3   4   3   3   1   8
Weapons/Armor: None.
Rides: Veregard rides a barded warhorse (+21 Points)
Magic Items: (0-100 pts)

Veregard Grimheart has had a life as hard as his name. Born in a poor village near Middenheim, Veregard grew up an orphan. His life was one big fight to stay alive in the cold streets. One day a chance encounter changed his life forever. Making an attempt to cut the purse of a foreigner that had stopped in the village, Veregard was caught and beaten to the ground by a city watchman. Before the angry guard could continue the beating, the foreigner stopped him and took responsibility for the boy. The foreigner was a wizard, one of the great battle mages from Altdorf. Impressed with the boy’s skill, the Wizard Markos Leitropolous took the boy under his tutelage. Veregard, now given all the food he needed and a warm place to sleep took to his studies vigorously, afraid that if he did not succeed, he would lose all of it. After years of training, Veregard joined the ranks of the Empire as a powerful wizard, eventually finding his way to El-Derar, where he has placed his services into the employ of Lord De’Parque.

Allisande
Battle Wizard Level 2 – 100 Pts
Wizard      4   3   3   3   3   2   3   1   7
Weapons/Armor: None.
Rides: Allisande rides a barded warhorse (+14 Points)
Magic Items:  (0-50 pts)

The young and beautiful sister to Alleton, Allisande has grown into great power of her own. As a child she was rather sickly and her family feared for her life. In the hopes of finding a cure for her health, Allisande’s uncle took her to distant relatives in Bretonnia hoping that perhaps a cure could be found there. While on the road, Allisande’s uncle  was visited by a strange woman in pale green clothing. The next morning, Allisande was given into the care of the woman, whom only ever named herself as the Prophetess Etraina. Five years later, on Allisande’s sixteenth birthday, she returned to La’Verillon, cured of her illness and wielding great power as a sorceress. From that day onward she joined Lord De’Parque as an advisor and confidante.

The above was made before the advent of warrior priests, so I hope to add some of them soon. I am currently also reworking the army list. With my own models, I have a couple of wizards (Never used, have never actually used magic yet) and the rest are all core and special. I hope to upgrade shortly. The story itself will also recieve an upgrade. My primary brick wall currently is location of this new city of El Derar. My first location was near Marienburg, as it allowed them to be very close to Bretonnia while still inside EMpire lands. But because of the storyline I imagine they might have relocated closer to Sylvania, I want to maintain close Bretonnian ties, especially with the character of Elecia. Frankly, I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Demonslayer
 "hey, let's use one of those seals that keep ultimate darkness contained and use it to fry goblins, also have it be operated by the college janitor".

Warhammer Plog:
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=42622.msg751211#msg751211

Offline Laerniss

• Members
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2009, 02:19:13 AM »
The above was made before the advent of warrior priests, so I hope to add some of them soon. I am currently also reworking the army list. With my own models, I have a couple of wizards (Never used, have never actually used magic yet) and the rest are all core and special. I hope to upgrade shortly. The story itself will also recieve an upgrade. My primary brick wall currently is location of this new city of El Derar. My first location was near Marienburg, as it allowed them to be very close to Bretonnia while still inside EMpire lands. But because of the storyline I imagine they might have relocated closer to Sylvania, I want to maintain close Bretonnian ties, especially with the character of Elecia. Frankly, I'm stumped. Any ideas?

I have a suggestion as to how a Brettonian might come into lands close to Sylvania Alleton.

During the Storm of Chaos, Brettonian knights were responsible for defeating a large portion of the daemon host attacking the Empire. Some knights may have remained longer helping to retake the war-ravaged villages of Ostland, Stirland, Hochland and the Ostermark which bore the brunt of the invasion.

Karl Franz could have likely given some of the more prominent knights the opportunity to claim land as long as they swore fealty. Your knight/lord could have come into lands near Sylvania in this manner. Although the Emperor has high authority it is unlikely he could grant land in any province other than his home; the Elector Counts retain a great deal of power in their own provinces and would not take kindly to the Emperor gifting their land to an outsider.

The Elector Count of whichever province your lands are in (likely Stirland I'd say) would likely also require an oath. Your army would have to be placed in that Province of the Empire rather than as an "Independent Army".

- Laerniss

Offline Burgermeiser

• Members
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2010, 06:43:29 PM »
I had a really hard time choosing to build an army from Nuln instead of something from Marienburg. I have Dutch and German ancestors (I said in another post I was a history buff  :blush:)  and I was really tempted to build a Marienburger army. The only reason I didn't was because I couldn't find a reasonable excuse to use Empire heroes (like Karl Franz, *cough*) or the dreaded steamtank in a Marienburg force. That, and having a tank named "Deliverance" (from Nuln) sounded too cool. I might still make a small Marienburg colonial army though in the near future. My ancestors were some of the first settlers in New Amsterdam, so a New Marienburg militia under a Captain Van Hise might be a nice tribute to them, especially if their busy defending the colony against hordes of Lizardmen!
"To reign in Averland, you must be as mad as an Elector. Which, fortunately, I am!"-Marius Leitdorf (Viscilitudes of Count Averland, Chapter VII, Paragraph XIV)

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2010, 10:41:33 PM »
I had a really hard time choosing to build an army from Nuln instead of something from Marienburg. I have Dutch and German ancestors (I said in another post I was a history buff  :blush:)  and I was really tempted to build a Marienburger army. The only reason I didn't was because I couldn't find a reasonable excuse to use Empire heroes (like Karl Franz, *cough*) or the dreaded steamtank in a Marienburg force. That, and having a tank named "Deliverance" (from Nuln) sounded too cool. I might still make a small Marienburg colonial army though in the near future. My ancestors were some of the first settlers in New Amsterdam, so a New Marienburg militia under a Captain Van Hise might be a nice tribute to them, especially if their busy defending the colony against hordes of Lizardmen!

I built a DoW army modelled on the forces of the VOC from Amsterdam, more in the style of the 30YW so a bit later than the HRE influence of the Empire, but the way I figure it is the Marienbergers arent restrained by the choking presence of the Sigmarite Church and so can embrace new methods better...
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2010, 12:58:02 PM »
I really want to do a similar thing to Uryens. Though base it on the Dutch east indies. Elephants for steam tanks, native levies for militia etc.
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2010, 02:23:39 PM »
Well I have some Zulus to paint which I intend to use as native levies (aka spears/norse.)

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2010, 05:33:30 PM »
Cool! What models are you using for the Zulus?

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2010, 09:20:20 AM »
baker company

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2010, 06:50:49 AM »
Various Lesser known colonies from around the Warhammer World.

Neuland – Empire colony, Albion
Antoch – Bretonnian ‘Crusader’ Fortress, Araby
Sudenburg – Empire Prison Settlement, Araby
Bregonne – Bretonnian Settlement, Lustria
Nuevo Luccini – Tilean colony, Lustria
Port Heldenhammer – Empire colony, Lustria
Santa Magritta – Estalian colony, Lustria
Skeggi – Norse Colony, Lustria
El-Kalabad - Imperial colony in Khemri on the Gulf of Medes
The Skaven Clan Eshin colony in Nippon
Arnheim - A Elven colony in the New World, south of the Dark Elves
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2010, 12:08:22 PM »
Good stuff...to be pedantic I would have said Sudenburg was more Southlands than Araby.

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2010, 12:48:50 PM »
And also Neuland failed as a colony and was lost when Albion disappeared again.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2010, 01:27:24 PM »
Would the Elf fortresses (I forget their names) at the tip of Lustria and the South Lands be considered colonies?
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2010, 03:13:22 PM »
Has Albion disappeared again?

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »
Yeah Lizardmen stole it.

Offline Burgermeiser

• Members
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »

I built a DoW army modelled on the forces of the VOC from Amsterdam, more in the style of the 30YW so a bit later than the HRE influence of the Empire, but the way I figure it is the Marienbergers arent restrained by the choking presence of the Sigmarite Church and so can embrace new methods better...

Since you've seen my Imperial Colonies thread, you've probably guessed that I changed my army yet again. :icon_wink: I'm finally painting them now, so it's too late to go back and change again. :engel: I'm building a VOC style army as well. Half of the troops are from the colony of Nieu Marienburg with spears and crossbows, and then there are the "Company" troops with halberds and handguns. I also am working on freelance knights, and mercenary Greatwords too. When I finish them, I'll post pics of them on here. :happy: Do you have any pics of your Marienburgers btw?
"To reign in Averland, you must be as mad as an Elector. Which, fortunately, I am!"-Marius Leitdorf (Viscilitudes of Count Averland, Chapter VII, Paragraph XIV)

Offline Santawraith

• Members
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2010, 07:27:34 PM »
I too have a sylvania army but mine is based in times before vampirism.I am after originally a undead player,this is what I plan. Well pretty much taking the lords of the Sylvania court such as Count Otto van drak   Konrad  possible Manfred, and others as my hero’s Count Otto is my general Konrad is a captain (plastic conversion) unsure on Manfred. the rest is basis troops  With most of my troops all I am doing is the ancient Sylvania court colors and iconography. The only exception is going to be my great swords(grave guard) which are going to carry my drakenhof banner prior its corruption. My mounted drakenhof knights are going to have the drakenhof key banner and the iconography on there horses. The rest of the army save the flagellants are the regular troops of the empire with using older hand gunners to represent the older guns the Sylvania host would of had. My flagellants are going to be some of the old sigermite sisters and witch hunters from mordheim with real flagellants mixed in. This to give it a angry fanatical mob feel too many monster movies. My knights order of the wolf are a take off of the white wolves of the empire with the exception being is they are not wielding hammers but axes. But that’s is my plan. I am  even writing the Wolves own fluffy history.

The Sylvania host
Count Otto General Mtd
Count otto on foot
Captian Konrad
2 War preists of morr
30 halberdiers with  cmd
40 spearmen with cmd
40 swordsmen with cmds
10 drakenoff guard mounted
10 knights Order of the Black Wolf
20 crossbowmen
20 archers
20 Handgunners
40 free company
30 great swords Drakenoff guard
2 great cannons
2 mortors
2 hell blaster volley guns
30 flagellant warband
Daily Updates of my work, Vannahs Creations facebook

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2010, 02:26:15 PM »
I dont suppose anyone has a picture of the Marienburg coat of arms do they at all?

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2010, 07:04:29 AM »
I dont suppose anyone has a picture of the Marienburg coat of arms do they at all?

Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan