home

Author Topic: The Barren Hills- UK-Regional Organisation  (Read 43828 times)

Offline Tostig

• Members
Re: The Barren Hills- UK-Regional Organisation
« Reply #200 on: July 16, 2007, 08:45:17 PM »
My shop has recently got a new manager (a long story, the old one, who is a legend, had to step down for medical reasons), and I was in there on his first day, when he was whipping the two unfortunate blueshirts into shape. It sounds like he'll be getting quite heavily into the NC campaign, and as a rough idea of what's coming up from the Exeter Store, from the Holidays Planner I got given, and my memory:
  • 26th July "The Giant's Tump" Knockout tournament to control the site.
  • 27th July "The Barren Hills" General & Lieutenant game. As far as I can make out this is one of those games where a guy with binoculars at the other end of the store orders a minion to move the models for him.
  • 29th July Doubles Tourney.
    • 2nd August "Marchen's Henge" As per Giant's Tump.
    • 3rd August "The Great Forest" a tournament using the Lustria rules.
    • 4th August "Dwarven Citadels" which, if my memory serves me right, will be like Fantasy Space Hulk.

• 9th August "The Tower of Viligance" Nightfight tournament.
    • 10th August "Egondorf" 18ft by 12ft cityfight scenario.
    • 11th August Border Patrol Tournament.

• 16th August "Tor Thana" Three game tournament.
    • 17th August "Mutant Killers" Three game tournament with randomly spawning spawns.

• 23rd August "Ahoy!" Warhammer ship battles (and construction, iirc.)
    • 24th August "Give us ya gold!" Ship battles to control a treasure island. (playing with the above)
    • 25th August "Wizards Duel" (not a clue)

• 30th August "Upthere!" As above, but with airships.
    • 31st August "Dambusters Upthere!" Airships hired to bomb Marienburg's dams.
    • 1st September "Arena of Death" some kind of character tournament.

I'll try and be at as many as possible, but unless I get some kind of fantastical job offer I never knew about in the next four hours I'll probably be off sailing from the 22nd until the 12th, meaning I'll miss perhaps the most important games. In anycase, these might provide some ideas for your own games, and since he was talking about having "arranged it all with the campaign people" it might provide some sort of scheme to work by.

Offline Patch

• Members
  • What would Chuck Norris do?
« Reply #201 on: July 17, 2007, 03:56:45 AM »
whow-mamma! We're up there in second place at 5am! Just got to stay there till 4pm this afternoon. Sadly, we're lower down the table, globally...
The (less than) triumphant return...

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #202 on: July 17, 2007, 08:30:16 AM »
Tostig, shame you won't be able to make many of those, it sounds like they have come up with some great scenarios.

With regards to my personal annoyance directed towards various factions, this is not to distract from the main game plan.

For this week we are defending Egondorf, the Bitter Moon and the Tower with Clausewitz starting the information gathering to help us find the crown.

There are already plans being discussed for when we go on the offensive, if you want to have an input in that please check the week 4 thread. I agree with those who have said that we should let the other races fight it out and then deal with the few survivors, which is why Clausewitz was pulled away from Tor Thana onto more important duties.

All I would say is that when we fight Druchii mention that we recapture some of out citizens, when we fight High Elves mention that they were trying to land grab and you are trying to prevent them.
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #203 on: July 17, 2007, 08:32:29 PM »
Lord Veldemere,

I am pleased to report that the Irregulars achieved some measure of revenge against Lord Kaihlik's Druchii.  The full report is in the battle reports thread, but short version is; dragon was killed and a marginal victory.

The downside is that I actually LOST points on my NC rating after posting this win!!   :-(
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline Patch

• Members
  • What would Chuck Norris do?
« Reply #204 on: July 17, 2007, 09:17:01 PM »
Oh, that sucks, big time. Well done on the win General Clausewitz.
The (less than) triumphant return...

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #205 on: July 18, 2007, 09:27:59 AM »
Well done on the win, seems a little harsh to lose points, are they much behind you points wise?

The fluff should make it worth it!

Strong battle reports, you are putting in some good groundwork for the offensive.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 09:32:21 AM by Veldemere »

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2007, 09:36:42 AM »
I think he's now about 100 points behind.  After I gave him the win the previous week he was ahead of me.  But before I got my revenge he lost to a dwarf player and dropped a lot of points.  Apparently he gained points for loosing to me.  :eusa_wall:

I really wanted to point this out as a warning to everyone.  If you play someone with a lower rating, and you don't get a massacre (never mind loosing), it possible for your rating to go down.  It surprised me so hopefully folks can be wary of this.

It also means that playing lower rated opponents is a big danger, if they realise they can "win" by not getting massacred they can employ points denial tactics.  :roll:

Offline Tillmann Spyri

• Members
« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2007, 09:41:39 AM »
Nemesis rating does not equal points for your faction (I think). It's just a ranking system amoungst the players.

If someone knows I'm worng, please contridict me, but I think I'm right.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #208 on: July 18, 2007, 09:42:12 AM »
That seems entirely counterproductive as all lower ranked players want to play higher ranked ones, I hope we never see a situation where someone refuses a game as they are scared of losing.

Have they closed off this week already?

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #209 on: July 18, 2007, 09:50:07 AM »
Tillman, yes the rating and faction scoring are separate.

Veldemere, it does seem rather counter-productive.  Already there are players in my store that if I massacre I might gain <20 points.  But if I do not massacre them I will loose points.  And should I loose I can drop by much more than the potential gain.  Its especially tough as some armies are simply hard to gain a massacre over.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2007, 05:18:06 PM »
They really hit home the Egonsdorf/Dark Elf part again this week.  I've been writing into my fluff against Dark Elves that we're attempting to rescue prisoners as well.  Keep up the good fight gents!
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Tillmann Spyri

• Members
« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2007, 05:43:11 PM »
Are there any left to save?

alongside the population of Eggonsdorf, whose lives had been offered up to Khaine for the glory of Naggaroth

from the report.

Offline MiB

• Members
« Reply #212 on: July 18, 2007, 08:48:17 PM »
Is anyone else having problems viewing this weeks results/story?

Offline Tillmann Spyri

• Members
« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2007, 08:49:51 PM »
It's the UK page. Change K to S and it works perfectly.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #214 on: July 18, 2007, 10:33:11 PM »
I am sorry but my gander is up again, what the hell is this all about the the (can't win a battle to save sh*t from drowning) Druchii killing all the people in the village in the Barren Hils, I call it the village because even within official fluff they have called it Egondorf, Egonsdorf, Eggondorf and Eggonsdorf, if someone has more time than me could they check the Druchii, I have not found a single druchii battle amongst the top ten in or region that has taken place in Egondorf in the last 2 weeks.

Druchii.net is equally confused!

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #215 on: July 19, 2007, 12:41:23 AM »
http://nemesis.uk.games-workshop.com/campaign/record.aspx?pid=14126

http://nemesis.uk.games-workshop.com/campaign/record.aspx?pid=9469

Just those two out of the top 25 Druchii in the Barren Hills.

Ever seen Blazing Saddles?

I think someone has been going around the Barren Hills making fake towns and naming them Egondorf/Egonsdorf/Eggondorf/Eggonsdorf/Eggsondwarf/...

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #216 on: July 19, 2007, 08:41:02 AM »
By gosh I think you way have something there. Perhaps we should discuss it round a campfire with a plate of beans!

Offline Veldemere

• Members
Re: The Barren Hills- UK-Regional Organisation- Week 4
« Reply #217 on: July 19, 2007, 09:07:18 AM »
Ok here are the plans for week 4:

OFFENCE
We are setting out on the offence this week, for too long have we been waiting for the enemy to come to us and seeing no reward for our actions with the villagers being taken anyway. We will take the fight to them, whoever they are wherever they are.

Sub-commander Tostig will be spearheading the assaults on enemy races if you can all feature in dispatches that he will be ensuring that we are hittin out at the right targets and not tripping over each other. To be clear; anything is a fair target bearing in mind that the Dwarves are at the Tump and the Elves at Tor Thana

Sub-commander Carl von Clausewitz will be co-ordinating the search for the crown. Any small scale battles you fight please reference that he has sent you there following up on a pigeon sent by him that he heard a rumour as the the crowns whereabouts.

I will remain in the defence of Egondorf and assess the position from here, I will also be negotiating with the High Elves. If anyone wishes input into this (which would be beneficial to judge the mood) please check the thread.

Fluff for Week 4-

Keep mentioning Helstroms 4th and the Hunters of Sigmar in all posts.

We are taking control of the rivers, it may be that the HE will be helping us with this but that is still in negotiation. Again maybe some battles (against Druchii, TK, greenskins etc) coul mention how the Stirland river patrol and gunners of Nuln sunk their ship and we are doing the mop up job.

We want our people back- any fights against Druchii mention how we are rescuing slaves from Egondorf.

We are allied to the Bretonians and will be setting up dual fiefdoms with them in the fullness of time.

There are other race related fluff threads feel free to include these things.

Your thoughts?

To work men, another week like last week from us and we will be in a very strong position, but we need to be higher than 4th place, only the top 3 get medals!

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #218 on: July 19, 2007, 10:00:52 AM »
Hmm. I can only play against Skaven, Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos, High Elves and Lizardmen. That's it. Any ideas what I could do for the fluff? I hear a lot of talk abut options with the Druchii, Khemri and greenskins, but I won't get to see those.

Any thoughts?
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #219 on: July 19, 2007, 10:30:11 AM »
Here are just a few thoughts;

Skaven: They are trying to assasinate the witch Hunter (whose name escapes me but if you click in Egondorf on the map it says it) they are also trying to assasinate Warrior Priests, it could be you caught them trying to do it and suddenly they emerged from their tunnels to attack. They are also keen we get the crown because they want to see Karl Franz go mad so there may be some fluff there that you find a map of the location on them and pass it to Clausewitz.

VC- They are still trying to have an established and recognised natios, possibly some fluff there but it is a bit weak. They also tried to attack the Tower of Vigilance (a location we do not want them to get) could be some good battles there. Possibly a good grudge match when you recognise that some of the zombies raised are waering the uniforms of Empire soldiers. The priests of Morr will not tolerate this, possibly lend some strength to the witch hunters (would be nice to have them as a hero choice).

Hordes of Chaos- This is one of the main reasons we have the hunters of Sigmar, take them as all your knightly orders. Add to the fluff about their passion of wiping out chaos wherever it lies. Also maybe suggest that as they die the land starts to seem less barren and there is the signs of life returning to the Hills.

High Elves- When they first approached us they were arrogant and dismissive, we subsequently learnt from a druchii we tortured questioned that they are trying to settle in our lands. Diplomatic discussions are underway but until they have been resolved (it will be this week) they are an invading force bent on taking Tor Thana and we are not to get in their way.

Lizardmen- Harder one here, but let me see... beasts the size of men? Surely there may be some chaos taint here! They would also fit in nicely with our plans to take over the rivers, they are the only ones who can put up reasonable opposition (being aquatic and all) maybe include streams (tributaries) on the battle map, bearing in mind this is a huge advantage to them so think about the points or terrain features you should be allowed.

Just initial thoughts but I hope it helps

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2007, 01:55:58 PM »
So, the agreement is in place with the Asur. They will be offering us support as our allies helping to defend the rivers and waterways. If any of your fluff could reflect this it would be greatly appreciated.

Also there have been a 100 strong detachment of Sea Guard billeted at Egondorf, some are dedicated to training our huntsmen (hint- longbows and higher BS please), some are also forming part of my personal retinue fighting alongside the Solandiers (along with a small Sylvaninan mercenary force I seem to have inherited also), again mentions of this would be good.

For those who have not seen our part of the bargain it is merely that we help in the battle to take Tor Thana. Contrary to initial reports of an Elven land grab (unpractical and unlikely) it would more focus around the Asur setting up an 'embassy' in Tor Thana. This would have many benefits for us, the ability to have more direct relations with our long time allies, possible consultation on magical training and tuition, the clearing of the taint on an area that was uninhabitable by us and the destruction of evil in the area.

What do we need to do? Mention them clearing the beasts from the forest (along with the Hunter of Sigmar of course), when you are fighting against the Druchii maybe add something in the fluff that they were headed to resupply their forces at tor thana and that you cut their supply line (along with mentioning the recapturing of the slaves taken from Egondorf).

I know there are still some feelings against the Asur after the way we were treated at the start of this campaign but we really are stronger with them and a lot of the issues have sprung from ignorance of the others needs, by working together we can drive out the evil and then get back to getting our own house in order.

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #221 on: July 26, 2007, 01:59:40 PM »
New orders for week 5 sir?

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #222 on: July 27, 2007, 08:23:05 AM »
Ok, sorry it is so late, what with work and quitting smoking I think I am going to go insane. Or maybe already have done this is my plan, thoughts quickly please as we need to implement.

Using KF as our guidance we need to remember our loyalty to Sigmar (I will come to armies of other gods later). To this end all Sigmarite armies are to march on Marchens Henge and clear this area of any taint of evil the arch Lectors will then perform ceremonies of re-concecration this will become a shining beacon both to Sigmar and the Empire.

Armies of Ulruc, concentrate on securing the roads and building the fortifications (this is being noted in GW fluff).

Armies of Taal, clearing the forests around the Henge. You along with the hunters of Sigmar are to ensure that the priests are not disturbed during their rites.

Armies of Morr & Reynald, Tor Thana. Assist our high elf allies in destroying the Druchii and concecrating the dead so as the forces of undead will not be able to rise again there.

I realise I am asking for several missions to be completed in 1 week but we need to be ambitious. If we all mention what the other armies are doing whilst trying to achieve the overall goal I think we will get away with it (it fits so well with the week 4 dispatches and leaves us in a strong position tactically in the region).

Ongoing Fluff goals-

Mention General Helstrom and Helstroms 4th
Refer to the Hunters of Sigmar
Any battle against druchii refer to the release of human slaves.
We are allied to Brettonia and The Asur
The establishment of an Asur embassy at Tor Thana

and on a personal level.. one army has dragged me from 1st in week 2 to about 3000000th now, it is the Vampires of Count Olaf, if anyone beats a vamp army mention how it will hurt count Olaf (and feel free to ignore this one but once again it is the lack of nicotine in my system that mekes me bitter)

Fight well for the Empire, for Karl Franz and to wipe the smug grin off the Dwarves faces!

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #223 on: July 27, 2007, 08:41:41 AM »
Good plan(s) Veldemere.

I have a VC opponent that I will be able to play a couple of games against.  I'll try and mention something about Count Olaf. (Any fluff on him?)

The finishing line is almost in sight folks.  Lets make a big effort to get that 3rd place.

I made a suggestion for this week.  Here..
http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=17460.0
Its not official policy, but if you like the idea please go ahead.  I think it meshes well with our Marchen's Henge plan.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #224 on: July 27, 2007, 08:48:52 AM »
Quite agree with your post Clause, I think the support of Luthor Huss is bourne out in the re-dedication of the Henge to Sigmar, lets do both.

I will try to find fluff on Olaf.

For reference some of our groups battles as posted by Olaf on Warseer;

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89456

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81505 Look at second report not first.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91967 I would have had it if it wasn't for that pesky giant!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 08:56:04 AM by Veldemere »