home

Author Topic: Historicon anyone?  (Read 1176 times)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
Historicon anyone?
« on: May 16, 2008, 08:47:51 PM »

Anyone else going to be at Historicon or in the area?

http://www.historicon.org/

July 24-27 in Lancaster PA.

I'll be there and wouldn't mind getting some WFB games in, maybe do something tying in with the campaign. Legendary battle sounds good if I could get a few people to show. Tables shouldn't be a problem, there's usually some open gaming space.

While I'm at it, anyone else play WAB? Preferably something late medieval-ish. My plan is to play in the tournament if I can finish painting my Burgundians, but I'd be up for friendly games as well. (And, of course, they can perform double duty in the Empire army...)

Offline Henry

• Members
Re: Historicon anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 11:15:24 PM »
I've always wanted to go, but I've never gotten around to it. Maybe if I start planning now I can make it this year.

If I do go, I'll be sure to bring my Empire/French Ordonnance. Early Rennaisance figures are some of the hardest working in all of wargaming - mine do duty in 3 games (WFB, WAB, DBR) and I can use them for multiple armies within those systems.
"Madness is however an affliction which in war carries with it the advantage of surprise." - Winston Churchill

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 12:24:58 PM »

That's what I try to do as well, though I've got enough GW figures to run an Empire army in "GW-only" events. But otherwise, I've been using the Burgundians as Empire, and have enough figures based on multi-bases to use them in DBA games as well.

No one else is going or happens to live in the area and interested in a WFB game?

Offline Albrecht Hexenjaeger

• Members
  • Imperial Liberal
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 05:55:50 AM »
I live in Philadelphia and have always meant to go to some of the big in-state cons, but I work in the restaurant biz. Not only are weekends my bread and butter, but they're also hard to take off. At least I know when it is though, so maybe, especially if I can drag my buddies along. Thanks for the heads up!
I got my affordable healthcare. Now I need affordable miniatures.