home

Author Topic: Need help with a 40k idea  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Lord Quiran de Lancastre

• Members
  • My idiocy knows no bounds
Need help with a 40k idea
« on: January 07, 2009, 02:25:52 PM »
So, I want to paint up a Tau force, with the intention of selling it when I'm done. The big problem for me, I don't know what a standard Tau army brings, or how many models it needs.

Can anyone write up a standard Tau list with model breakdown so I have an idea of what to buy?

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
  • For the Emperor, the Empire & Sigmar
Re: Need help with a 40k idea
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 03:44:24 PM »
Even though this is a warhammer FANTASY site i'll give you a quick list as i do collect Tau aswell.

Right well, we'll start with HQ first;

*Commander you need atleast 1, whether its a Shas'El or a Shas'O, with him being a xv8 Crisis Battlesuit you could model a standard one and be done but thats up to you.

* As you need need 2 core choices i'd begin with 2 units of 10 Firewarriors with Pulserifles, you could transeport them with there own DevilFish Transeport but it depends on the amount of points your doing. one more thing ALWAYS give your squad leaders bonding knife and markerlight, i find these items indespencible.

Thats the start, i'll have to get me codex out and study it but it would be easier if i knew how many points you are planning on.
Long live the Crown of Solland

Offline QQ3

• Members
  • Throw the shit at the lion.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 05:10:59 PM »
I would go for 12 models in fw units.

Then, after those compulsory troops&HQ, a one team of 3 crisis suits. You could go for two teams if you want.

To the heavy support a hammerhead or two with railgun. Hammerheads are always nice. :happy:

Just few of my thoughts.
I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of gum.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 05:44:40 PM »
(This thread could fit better in the Count's Tavern. :icon_wink:)
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Wilzy

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 06:27:19 PM »
I think I would just go for a Tau Battleforce box set and suppliment it with another Fire Warrior team, 3 Crisis Suits and round out with 1 Broadside. It gives a lot of options, a fairly sizable force and a few different units while being not that bad of an investment. I think at GW prices it's about $220

Offline UltimateNoob

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 10:04:02 PM »
With the Fire warriors its better to arm them with pulse rifles entirely if you're going to sell them as they're more popular. For crisis suits don't glue weapons, if you can, make them interchangable, this'll encourage more people who want to customize they're own load outs. With the stealth suits perhaps give people an option between Burst cannons and fusion blasters, some people swear by them, I find fusion blasters on stealth very situational. With hammerheads railguns are more favoured to the ion cannon.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 10:14:54 PM by UltimateNoob »