The General Archive > Engineers Guild

Great Cannon batteries?

(1/2) > >>

Merrick:
How about taking cannons as 1-2 for one Special choice?

Gives us a bit more competetiveness (although gunlines may be rife...), and people can theme Nuln armies and suchlike.

Maybe nerf the cannons slightly to make it less....cheesy. Make them more like Dwarf cannons or something.

Only a passing thought, but what do you guys think?

Union General:
Nerfing GREAT CANNONS?!? DIE!!!!!!!!!!  ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic::  :-D
They're already random enough as is to cancel out any aspect of cheese. On reflection, Great Cannons are also what other armies fear us for (besides maybe the Steam Tank and Rocket Battery). But, the idea of a battery would be interesting, though it would eat up points really fast and get some funny looks from across the table. As a gunline player, I approve of the battery idea.  :happy:
-The General

Obi:

--- Quote from: Merrick on July 09, 2009, 12:18:28 PM ---How about taking cannons as 1-2 for one Special choice?
--- End quote ---
Okay

--- Quote ---Gives us a bit more competetiveness
--- End quote ---
Not really necessary though

--- Quote --- (although gunlines may be rife...)
--- End quote ---
BIG disadvantage and people will start whining about non gunline lists sooner too.

--- Quote ---, and people can theme Nuln armies and suchlike.
--- End quote ---
Oh, cmon. That's BS. That's like using a hochland army to field 25 units of handgunners at 2K.

--- Quote ---Maybe nerf the cannons slightly to make it less....cheesy. Make them more like Dwarf cannons or something.
--- End quote ---
WHAT? Seriously, our cannons make us special. Well, those and the detachments.

Bunkka-pop:

--- Quote from: Obi on July 09, 2009, 07:45:11 PM ---
--- Quote ---Maybe nerf the cannons slightly to make it less....cheesy. Make them more like Dwarf cannons or something.
--- End quote ---
WHAT? Seriously, our cannons make us special. Well, those and the detachments.

--- End quote ---

Pfft, dump the detachments, it's the cannons!  :icon_wink:

Helborg:
It's funny, ever since I stopped using my great cannon, I started winning more battles than I lost  :blush:

Sanj

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version