The General Archive > Engineers Guild

OPTIONS Empire: Helblaster

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bunkka-pop:

--- Quote from: Rodman49 on November 21, 2009, 12:28:26 AM ---I mean, the volley gun doesn't look great on paper but you pay 110 for a weapon that has great area denial potential and may when you the game every now and then.

--- End quote ---

You accidentally the whole game?

Obi:
bunkka, your post makes even less sense than rodman's, but that may have been the intention ;)

I think it's a good idea, but keep it rare.

Dezzo:

--- Quote from: Skyros on November 16, 2009, 09:30:26 PM ---The last thing the empire army book needs is more special options. Empire already has a plethora of good special options, and not very many good rare options.

--- End quote ---

I agree, Empire has already a great number of special choices but no brainer rare options (Helblasters and Steamtanks! Flaggies? WHy?) and given the limited slots allocated to each choice, you have to leave out certain things most of the time given the army construction template you have.

To cure this problem, either change how organisational slots are used in the core rule book or make the Helblaster so awesome, even the Stank is outshined! (which is unlikely... GW wants you the buy that Stank model yer know? And at least two!)

Rodman49:

--- Quote from: Obi on November 22, 2009, 02:50:33 PM ---bunkka, your post makes even less sense than rodman's, but that may have been the intention ;)

I think it's a good idea, but keep it rare.

--- End quote ---

Oops.  Fixed.  I think the Helblaster is 100% fine as is.

Empireguard:

--- Quote from: Rodman49 on November 24, 2009, 06:25:01 AM ---Oops.  Fixed.  I think the Helblaster is 100% fine as is.

--- End quote ---

Yes I think so too with one exception get rid of the blowing up on a 6 thing. I mean the thing 3 times less reliable that a cannon already as you roll three dice a turn I think thats enough, with the 6 killing it is 6 times less relable. So have the misfire as

1-Explodes crew killed.
2-3 Remaining shots canít fire and may not fire next turn
4-5 Remaining shots canít fire
6 Remaining shots all count as 10.

Itís a small change but I think itís needed. It might actually survive a game without exploding this way. 

Donít take it back to the way it was. Yes I did like getting that may hits but it was overpowered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version