The General Archive > Engineers Guild

Mortar Batterys

(1/3) > >>

Backwater:
Mortars are great tools of war but sometimes not really liked by many empire players since Great Cannon usually comes in more dire need.

What if Mortars (or even Hellstroms) could deployed in an battery, with extra points cost you could take two mortars in one slot and deploy them within 3" of each other and benefit from some special rule like better accuraty or something.

-Bw

T0m:
I'd say we need some light artillery for the batteries. Make the Mortars smaller and less effective, yet make them more in a bunch than cannons. Then we'd have a GREAT Cannon and batteries of deadly template guns.  :happy:

Union General:

--- Quote from: Backwater on October 11, 2009, 09:07:35 PM ---
What if Mortars (or even Hellstroms) could deployed in an battery, with extra points cost you could take two mortars in one slot and deploy them within 3" of each other and benefit from some special rule like better accuraty or something.

--- End quote ---

Maybe the ability to Indirect Fire?  :unsure:

-The General

der Hurenwiebel:
I think we covered a bunch of this in other mortar threads, I'll let you guys go round the mulberry bush a couple more times and see where you find yourselves. 

I know where I stand on improving or making mortars more desirsble or just as desirable as cannon.

Pistol Pete:
The main problem with the mortar is that it's only str 3, which makes it much less effective against T4 opponents.

How about if you could fire another type of round that was str 4, small template to reflect a more powerful round with a more limited range?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version