home

Author Topic: Happy and Random Thoughts!  (Read 849147 times)

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
Re: Happy and Random Thoughts!
« Reply #450 on: July 14, 2010, 02:05:37 AM »
Better.  :happy:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
« Reply #451 on: July 14, 2010, 03:01:58 AM »
If you had laughed, you would have written "LOL". That's internet law! I thought you were a lawyer? Did you even pass the BAR?

I'm a law-lawyer not a rules-lawyer, (and actually yes, I've passed 3 bars :closed-eyes: plus 2 more on  my way to work)
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #452 on: July 14, 2010, 03:17:30 AM »
I'm pissed nobody laughed at my whale joke.  :icon_evil:

Sea Shepards will be mean to us if we laugh.  How can you make a whale joke when they are DYING.  DYING I tell ya.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #453 on: July 14, 2010, 03:57:16 AM »
I'm pissed nobody laughed at my whale joke.  :icon_evil:

ha ha ha ha, it was very punny.   Did you hear about pinochio asking the whale how deep they were? when the whale replied 20,000 leagues under the sea, pinochio responded you wouldn't shit me now would you?   steveb

Offline Big Time

• Members
  • Resident alcoholist
« Reply #454 on: July 14, 2010, 04:15:22 AM »
Got a vasectomy today, stopping happily at three kids. This happy and random thought comes with the constant feeling like I've been kicked in the toys. As with most responsible decisions, it's awesome and sucks at the same time. True to form, I opted out of opium-based pain killers so that I could continue to drink beer, which I am doing now. As with most irresponsible decisions, it kicks ass. Cheers!  :::cheers:::
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
-Oscar Wilde

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #455 on: July 14, 2010, 08:43:26 AM »
Got a vasectomy today, stopping happily at three kids. This happy and random thought comes with the constant feeling like I've been kicked in the toys.

Good for you - no more worrying about the wife taking chemicals or mini-raincoats!

I had it done over 20 years ago, and on a physio table in a clinic - in and out in about 30 minutes.
Got irritated a few days later and couldn't be bothered to wait for the doc, so pulled the stitches out myself ...................

....  Luxury ...... we were so tough we hacked the tubes with a scythe, soldered the ends at the smithy and a quick glass of ale, and then went straight back to digging the fields ....................
 :engel:

(Are you listening Soth)
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #456 on: July 14, 2010, 09:40:30 AM »
I had often thought about getting it done.  Was not sure how the wife would react to it though since she wants more kids.   :icon_rolleyes:  I am happy with the one we got, especially since the doctors told us to have more kids, would be putting my wife's life in danger, and we lost 2 prior to the one we have.
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #457 on: July 14, 2010, 09:53:25 AM »
8th edition made empire a powerhouse. If that isn't happy and random, I don't know what is.

I'm sorry, but it's just that there's no more room for us to laugh at your puns. There's only room for the puns of two people. Midaski and Gnu just filled up the spots first.

Haha, thanks.

I worked hard for it though.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #458 on: July 14, 2010, 10:53:25 AM »
My boss got it done about a year ago.

You have to go back and get checked up to see how it progressed - he went back (about 6 months later) and found out he still had swimmers in his tubes. And that they can stick around in the tubes for quite some time afterwards.

Be careful.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #459 on: July 14, 2010, 11:01:12 AM »
I had often thought about getting it done.  Was not sure how the wife would react to it though since she wants more kids.   :icon_rolleyes:  I am happy with the one we got, especially since the doctors told us to have more kids, would be putting my wife's life in danger, and we lost 2 prior to the one we have.
Oh man, that sucks.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #460 on: July 14, 2010, 01:02:39 PM »
8th edition made empire a powerhouse. If that isn't happy and random, I don't know what is.
Good point, and if true, the Empire might not be getting a new army book for awhile.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #461 on: July 14, 2010, 06:34:43 PM »
Lo! the heavens have opened to smite the scum in this wretched hive and wash away their miserable remains.

Hey, I am happy about it.

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #462 on: July 14, 2010, 06:39:03 PM »
No reason not to be, unless of course you're one of those evil armies playing against the Empire.  Then there is room for quaking in their boots.  If they wear any.

Do DoC wear boots, and I wonder how they're doing with the new rules?

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #463 on: July 14, 2010, 06:42:24 PM »
I wonder whether Seekers wear Sneakers?

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #464 on: July 14, 2010, 06:43:58 PM »
Unlikely. That would be like Gnus wearing shoes.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #465 on: July 14, 2010, 06:50:21 PM »
I got out-punned by a rodent!

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #466 on: July 14, 2010, 06:59:28 PM »
Of course DoC doesn't where boots you sillys.

The real question is how DoC is fairing under 8th edition, but could be too early to tell.

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #467 on: July 14, 2010, 07:00:57 PM »
Get used to it pal. I usually just don't feel like intruding on yours and Midaskis area of expertise.
 :::cheers:::

The real question is how DoC is fairing under 8th edition, but could be too early to tell.
I guess they're still good, but not as insanely good as they were. Which is good.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #468 on: July 14, 2010, 07:04:08 PM »
At least they suffered something like an equaliser when it comes to magic. The downgrading to terror isn't to their benefit, either. And the availability of flaming attacks hurts their anvil-blocks.

They still have their flamers, bloodhounds etc. though.

Get used to it pal. I usually just don't feel like intruding on yours and Midaskis area of expertise.
 :::cheers:::

About time then! :icon_biggrin:

I'll take revenge at the next Eurobash, where I hope to turn up with my new undead army to be horribly slaughtered by everybody and their dog. Or rat, rather.

Btw, I'm sure you have marvelled at the pics of that Skaven army in the BRB? Some great (and fairly disgusting) conversions there.

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #469 on: July 14, 2010, 07:05:57 PM »
I dont think Empire has become a powerhouse... Our infantry still get shredded. Sure our Arty and outriders have become better, but i cant fit alot of heroes in my armies anymore. WoC is the new powerhouse, gentlemen.
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #470 on: July 14, 2010, 07:07:32 PM »
I'll take revenge at the next Eurobash, where I hope to turn up with my new undead army to be horribly slaughtered by everybody and their dog. Or rat, rather.
That would be awesome! You showing up I mean. Don't be the new Phantom!

Btw, I'm sure you have marvelled at the pics of that Skaven army in the BRB? Some great (and fairly disgusting) conversions there.
Indeed. A boatload of really pretty pics in there, of all the armies. I really, really like this book. Even if my very own personal copy is still taking it's sweet time to arrive from far away misty Britain.

WoC is the new powerhouse, gentlemen.
WoC have certainly received a massive boost, but most of their troops are still very expensive and still die like any other infantryman to the new magic. I've seen them take brutal casualties from the likes of "final transmutation".
On the other hand, a fat unit of Chosen pretty much ate whatever it contacted.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 07:09:55 PM by Aldaris »

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #471 on: July 14, 2010, 07:09:14 PM »
If I start saving up the cigarette money my GF lets me keep each week, I might have just enough to afford it in a year's time.

I dont think Empire has become a powerhouse... Our infantry still get shredded. Sure our Arty and outriders have become better, but i cant fit alot of heroes in my armies anymore. WoC is the new powerhouse, gentlemen.

Eh? You can field much more heroes than you ever could in 7th and 6th now!

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #472 on: July 15, 2010, 01:46:21 AM »

You both can win.  You can get fixed and you can adopt a child to two.  I have done that and it has been wonderful.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:21:07 AM by Perambulator »
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #473 on: July 15, 2010, 06:26:02 AM »
About time then! :icon_biggrin:

:happy:

What about turning up at our place for a game or two with Aldaris, Fandir and me then? We'll meet on July 25 and would be glad if you dropped by, too.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #474 on: July 15, 2010, 06:47:36 AM »
Thank you very much, that's really nice! :eusa_clap:

If we're talking about this year, however, I have to decline (with great regret). This is still my "messed up for various reasons"-season.