home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 527257 times)

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #5650 on: August 06, 2020, 07:50:14 PM »
It sounds like a tough time for all concerned, not least you. My sister-in-law had some really crazy (several weeks or months) episodes every few years, which have really put my brother through it. Medication (lots of it) barely touches the sides! She sees a very different world while she is there,with fantastical relationships etc, but which remain consistent throughout here episodes. I feel terrible that I can't help my brother more, meanwhile he is trapped as they have a little boy and he has to make things 'right' for the boy every time. In the years in between, when the medication regime is working, she is a fully functioning person, with a responsible job!

So, second hand, and having only seen a handful of days like it myself, I know how impossibly difficult it can all seem, and is indeed actually so!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5651 on: August 06, 2020, 08:09:14 PM »
This doesn’t compare to the above but I think it falls into the unhappy category. Probably the stupid file as well. I was using a pressure washer yesterday and was washing a spade off. Travelled a bit to far up the handle and sliced a groove open between the thumb and upper part of the hand. Scalpel work people. Nice incision into in unnecessary area of flesh. I have a pretty high pain threshold but I have to say that hurt. Couldn’t look for about 50 ft of pain. Worked my hand to see if I cut any tendons or imports bits. Nothing. All good. Wrapped it in a towel and taped it with painters tape. Called the hospital but they said they were busy beyond belief. Bought some really neat stitch and heal bandages and now I’m happy again.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #5652 on: August 06, 2020, 08:18:39 PM »
Snap! Well, not snap, but SLICE!

My thumb has looked like this for the last few days due to a scalpel wound when trying to cut for the new scenery I am working on. I never learn - always cut AWAY from yourself.

Still, I am lucky, no stitches needed unlike the time I opened my little finger up 3 cm long! That was ugly, and again a scalpel wound from careless modelling. Several stitches then!

Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5653 on: August 06, 2020, 08:35:19 PM »
Ouch!☝️
Here is the really cool bandages. Yes I know the rest of the hand looks like it belongs in Padres death army but it is loving breathing flesh.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5654 on: August 08, 2020, 01:33:29 AM »
Warhammer slowly begins claiming its pound of flesh from more and more hobbyists.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #5655 on: August 31, 2020, 07:29:46 PM »
My mother lost one of her sister's this past weekend, a favorite aunt of mine, and we haven't heard what the cause of her passing is yet.  All very disappointing.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5656 on: August 31, 2020, 09:54:23 PM »
Sorry for the loss GP.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5657 on: August 31, 2020, 11:40:21 PM »
Really sorry to hear it GP, you've been having a rough few months. You deserve way better.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5658 on: August 31, 2020, 11:55:54 PM »
You two are awesome, thank you! :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5659 on: September 01, 2020, 02:25:55 PM »
I just spent $56.00 AU on an Airfix Stuart 'Honey'. Its part of a series of reboxed Academy kits. It dosnt fit together too well and the barrel is horribly warped 

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5660 on: March 25, 2021, 03:05:19 PM »
My fairly new computer, only a few months old, has been having problems since about the first week I bought it. I'm pretty sure I bought a lemon but I've procrastinated about taking it in.

Well really got to motor on it no because last night it essentially died completely. Wouldnt go past the loading screen, and has no spent the past 12 hours reinstalling windows. I'm taking that as a not great sign.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5661 on: March 25, 2021, 03:30:00 PM »
Ouch!  I'm looking at buying a new computer myself.  Seems like the video card might be damaged on one, and the other is an older model.  Time for an upgrade soon.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5662 on: April 14, 2021, 11:33:31 AM »
So as of this weekend my brother has severed all contact with me because I didn't attend my cousin's funeral (along with whatever my estranged father has told him) without even calling me to find out why or get my side of the story. That hurts.

Also, my paternal grandmother passed away yesterday (not due to covid). So there's another funeral coming up in the near future.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5663 on: April 14, 2021, 11:37:12 AM »
So as of this weekend my brother has severed all contact with me because I didn't attend my cousin's funeral (along with whatever my estranged father has told him) without even calling me to find out why or get my side of the story. That hurts.

Also, my paternal grandmother passed away yesterday (not due to covid). So there's another funeral coming up in the near future.

That hurts for sure. My brother hasn’t talked to my mom/dad for 5 years. I can understand not talking to my dad but I can’t get around him cutting out my mom.
Family dynamics sure can be crazy bad at times.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5664 on: April 14, 2021, 11:45:56 AM »
Bummer to hear.  It would be nice if folks could get along, be accepting, empathetic, graceful, and understanding.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5665 on: April 14, 2021, 03:32:40 PM »
Really sorry to hear that Feanor, that really sucks and is incredibly unfair.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5666 on: April 16, 2021, 11:48:08 PM »
Not sure if anyone visits The Grand Alliance site (complete AoS board). A great in-depth and positive site that covers virtually every aspect of the AoS world has been closed for for few days. Hope it’s just maintenance but all the talk of GW and their mishandling of recent products make me worry unnecessarily. I’m sure that site has close links with GW.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5667 on: April 17, 2021, 01:52:54 AM »
Oh that'd be a bummer if the site doesn't come back.  I don't frequent W:AoS sites almost ever, but still, loss sucks.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5668 on: April 17, 2021, 11:13:03 AM »
I reacted like an idiot as usual. TGA just closed for maintenance. All good this morning. The good thing about ringing the alarm bell is that it comes round to pound you in the arse later but all’s well that ends well
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5669 on: April 19, 2021, 06:24:41 AM »
One of my cats broke her jaw. She had to be put to sleep.
On the plus side, I've adopted another feline

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5670 on: April 19, 2021, 10:08:10 AM »
Condolences for your loss.  And may the new cat be a good companion.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5671 on: April 19, 2021, 10:38:31 AM »
One of my cats broke her jaw. She had to be put to sleep.
On the plus side, I've adopted another feline

That is very sad. I’ve never heard of that happening before. We have 3 of the critters.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5672 on: April 21, 2021, 11:17:57 PM »
I'm still taming Angus at the moment. He's quite skittish
My must have been a chaos god in a previous life. She likes to get on my Empire shelf and bat the miniatures off it. My old steam tank now has teeth marks in its barrel

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5673 on: April 22, 2021, 12:33:57 AM »
I'm still taming Angus at the moment. He's quite skittish
My must have been a chaos god in a previous life. She likes to get on my Empire shelf and bat the miniatures off it. My old steam tank now has teeth marks in its barrel

I understand completely

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5674 on: April 22, 2021, 01:01:11 AM »
Cats are the secret rulers of the world. :icon_wink: :icon_lol: