home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 535117 times)

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2010, 10:33:16 AM »
yeah anytime I feel like slacking off or bitching about having a crappy day I just think about the day my brother took a blood bath in one of his close friends and co workers and I almost lost him permanently.  I helps to keep me from being too self indulgently stupid taking for granted all the great things in my life that I myself didn't have to ensure.

and that is a happy thought, even if it is also a slap upside the metaphorical head.

I agree with you. It has been 17 years since I accidentally caused the death of my younger brother. Stuff like that brings the little moments into perspective. It also teaches you the meaning of both guilt, and forgiveness. Especially when the person it is hardest to forgive is yourself. My wife says she is continually amazed at my ability to see the best intentions in the actions of people. I find that it is easier to see the posibilities of their side in things when you have been guilty of dreadful actions yourself. I am very glad your brother is okay. I hope he does not let himself feel responsible for his friend, and that his anger will remain at the senselessness of the violence, but not burn him up inside either. It can be easy to let such a thing consume you.

This thread is heavy.  :mellow:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2010, 09:45:03 PM »
And the Eurobash ends...

Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2010, 01:15:15 AM »
I lost my job 6 days ago, my girlfriend ditched me yesterday, and I still live at home with my mother.  :mrgreen:
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2010, 01:39:44 AM »
That sucks patsy.

Was your girlfriend any good?

What was your job?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2010, 03:16:54 AM »
I lost my job 6 days ago, my girlfriend ditched me yesterday, and I still live at home with my mother.  :mrgreen:

Hahaha awesome.
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline patsy02

• Members
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2010, 09:12:08 AM »
That sucks patsy.

Was your girlfriend any good?

What was your job?

Unstable, and I was a classroom assistant on an elementary school. To be fair though, I'm going to university this fall, so that wasn't a huge loss.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2010, 09:19:43 AM »
So i've got a situation at work.

I've currently in my notice period having resigned on the 02Jun. I used to help with our Packages dept. before moving to ticketing sales and advertising. The head of packages is on leave and her underling quite (more on this later). So I've been asked to stay, which I said I would until the 9th of July (as I have already booked and paid for my flight to Australia on the 11th of July).

Either way I'm happy to work because I could use the cash.

Now last month (may) I had a really troublesome client who has been calling and canceling flights since January. I had made a booking for her on Jet Airways HKG-DEL (hong kong -delhi) for mid-June.

When I returned to the office (was off 10-24May) my manager who had taken over my files told me the deadline for a NEW booking (same routing and airline) was due today. Which means we need to pay the airline/issue the ticket etc. so I went ahead and issued the ticket in what was a very busy day (as catching up on 10 says worth of files, emails and itineraries will be). Anyway I failed to review the ticket and notice that the flight time had changed from 1750hrs to 1940hrs.

My client then cried FOUL! about the time change saying it was too late and that she refused to pay as she had booked a flight at an earlier time and no one had mentioned the time change (notice here the Manager failed to tell me AND the client that the flight had changed time).

Either way we had to issue for a refund which is HKD600 (approx 100AUD). To which I am being charged as I issued the ticket, my manager was good enough to say that she would split it with me 50/50.

Anyway I am 99% sure that my company doing this is against the law and kind of a dicky thing to do anyway. Today I applied for a refund and there's been no mention of payment on my side I'm wondering if that means they just clandestinely deduct it from my salary.

So I'm currently gearing myself up to tell my boss (who is one of my best mates mum's) to go get fucked and unless she refunds my salary I'll be taking her to the Labour Courts + I'll just walk out and leave her in the lurch in regards to the Packaging dept.

As it stands I just lost 1/2 a days salary because i was 5 minutes late for 5 times this month (as in I start at 9 and I arrived at 9.05 5 times...the latest I've been was 9.20) to which my boss and accounting is disregarding the fact that I've turned up for the last couple of Saturdays and working till 8pm 2-3 nights a week incl. the last 3 Fridays (we're not paid overtime) AND am working past my notice (which pissed my new boss off).

I can't wait to get out of this office.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2010, 11:47:16 AM »
Wow. I'm glad I live under US labor laws.

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2010, 02:08:32 PM »
I broke my little toe this weekend.  Darn it.  And I need it for jogging, swimming and biking. Well, less for the swimming and biking, but more for jogging.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2010, 02:29:48 PM »
I broke my little toe this weekend.  Darn it.  And I need it for jogging, swimming and biking. Well, less for the swimming and biking, but more for jogging.

Do what I do.

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2010, 02:35:38 PM »

Do what I do.

Alright, I'll bite: What do you do?
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2010, 02:37:07 PM »
Absolutely nothing.

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2010, 02:37:42 PM »
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2010, 02:57:13 PM »
Well, that does have a certain appeal!
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2010, 03:08:03 PM »
Of course.

What, you expected some kind of joke? I was giving advice here!

Well, that does have a certain appeal!

Damn right it does.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2010, 03:37:29 PM »

Man up, rub some dirt on it, and get back out there.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2010, 03:42:56 PM »

Man up, cut it off and cauterise the wound.

Fixed.

Offline patsy02

• Members
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2010, 04:00:37 PM »

Walk it off!

Offline Dunrik

• Members
  • Alexander von Wolfenberg
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2010, 05:52:45 PM »
I finally got my hands on AC2 (no idea why it took me so long), and loves it, but I got stuck in the Altaier scene, when climbing the tower. Why won't the bugger just grab that damn thing and climb on? :x

Scrap that, I just got up. On another note, I still have to wait to get my Diploma from school, because I was sick and missed 2 of my exams...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:06:50 PM by Dunrik »
RIP Rufas/Ironmonger

"You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks."
Napoleon Bonaparte

My blog, http://wolfenbergtimes.blogspot.com/

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2010, 12:22:53 AM »
How good is AC2! One of my favourite games. Love the AC series thus far.

Has anyone played 'The Sabotuer'?

Oh, my unhappy thought - I stacked it running down the stairs at the train station on the way to work today.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2010, 01:38:10 AM »
How good is AC2! One of my favourite games. Love the AC series thus far.

Has anyone played 'The Sabotuer'?

Oh, my unhappy thought - I stacked it running down the stairs at the train station on the way to work today.

ouch dude...

I have another hangover... I think I'm carrying it off in the office though (apart from telling everyone to be quiet and unplug their phones).
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2010, 08:27:00 AM »
'Stacked it'? Is that when you run straight into some pole which is at a convenient crotch height?
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2010, 08:36:12 AM »
wow

so I just got slapped in the face...

that refund charge after I made a complaint against it to which I was told it would be "reviewed" the boss has decided I should pay the entire 600 for not checking the ticket before sending it.

And tomorrow morning I'm meant to have a meeting with a school in Hong Kong, an expat school which has multiple school trips around Asia and the world each year. I contacted them, I organized the meeting, it's my brain child. I've just been told I'm not going to this meeting (which was to be me, my friend in sales and the bosses son who wants to learn so he can take over). Now it will just be the other two...

So I don't get to cultivate my biggest client ever, I get docked 1/3rd my salary and they happily smile and ask me to stay on for 2 extra weeks because they're short staffed.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2010, 08:42:28 AM »
So pack up and leave. Sue them for any wages they owe you and be done with it.
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2010, 08:44:34 AM »
So pack up and leave. Sue them for any wages they owe you and be done with it.

I was given the advice not to burn the bridge and to grin and bear it for the reference. I'm in the process of rethinking that advice.

---- so I think bitching to my mate (who happens to be my boss's son) has worked as she called me into her office and told me I was to go to the meeting as I "organized it you should be there for the meeting"

a tad less angry. Plus I got a copy of 8th ed (as did the various people who contacted me) so I've got that to read tonight!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 09:25:46 AM by Nicholas Bies »