home

Author Topic: 2200 Adepticon Championships (Battle 4 of 4 DONE) - Old Book FINAL!  (Read 5106 times)

Offline Noght

• Members
Here is my 2200 Empire MSU list:  (OLD Book)

Arch-Lector w/GW, VHS, AoMI on WAltar
Wizard Lord Lvl 4 Gold w/Dispel Scroll
BSB Captain w/FPA, Barded Warhors, Dragonhelm, Biting Blade
Captain on Pegasus w/Sword of Fate, Charmed Shield, Potion of Foolhardiness
Halberdiers x29 w/FC, 2 Detachments: 9 Free Company, 9 Halberdiers
Knights x5 w/BoEF
Knights x5 w/Gleaming Pendant
Outriders x5 w/Muso
2 units of Flagellants x14
2 units of Greatswords x10
2 Mortars
Great Cannon

Batte 1 vs WoC
His List and Army:
Sorc Lord on Dis w/Charmed Shield, Infernal Puppet, ToP, Bloodcurdling Roar
BSB Hero w/Sword of Might, Dragonhelm, Luckstone, Stream of Corruption
21 Chaos Warriors of Khorne Std, Muso w/BoEF
30 Marauders, Muso w/Flails
20 Chosen w/FC w/Wailing Banner
5 Chaos Hounds
2 x War Shrines
Hellcannon

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Deployment: L to R Knights, Captasus (Fated the Hellcannon), Mortar, GS, Flags, Knights w/BSB, Halberdiers w/WL and Detachments, WAlter Lector, Cannon, GS, Flags, Outriders and Mortar (out of pic).  I rolled Searing Doom, Final Transmutation, Plague of Rust, Transmutation of Lead.

Deployment:  L to R, Hounds, Chosen, Hellcannon, Warshrine, Marauders, Khorne Warriors, Warshrine, Disc Sorc.  He went through the whole Warshine BS and kept re-rolling until he got +1 Armor and Stubborn/Ward Save on the Chosen (seems weird to do this and then add additional buffs during the game and the original stay in effect, *shrug*).  He had Treason, Infernal Gateway, Flickering Fire and Call to Glory.

WOC 1:  He blooms a bit.  Low Wind of Magic and everything dispelled.  Warshrine adds MR3 to Chosen.  Hellcannon kills 3 Halberdiers.  Lord kills 2 Outriders with Breath (2 6's on 5 dice, nice).
Empire 1:  Empire Blooms out, sets up some angles.  Magic is mixed:  Searing Doom IF killing none (I got his Warriors and Chosen mixed up), lose 2 levels, Banishment kills 4 Khorne Warriors.  Cannon misfires and explodes shooting at Disc Lord.  Mortar hits Marauders killing 10.
End of 1 Pic:

WOC 2:  Khornites fail charge vs fleeing Detachment.  Clomps across the board.  11 to 8 magic phase, I dispelled Treason.  he Gatewayed killing none.  Shooting missed
Empire 2:  Captasus charges Hellcannon.  WAltar and Greatswords charge Khornites.  GS charge Hounds.  WL leaves unit.  Magic ineffective.  Mortars pound Marauders, down to 10.  Captasus does 4 wounds to HC, takes 1 back.  2 Khornites are killed due Impact, AL kills 2 more.  WAlter takes 2.  All GS die.  (I combo charged so I could maximize GS and leave WAlter with fewer bodies on it, worth sacrificing 100 points to save Altar).  GS kill Dogs and overrun.
End of 2 pic:

WOC 3:  He moves a bit more.  Disc Lord is going after WL, dispel Gateway, Flickering Fire fails to wound.  WAltar down to 1 wound, 10 Khornites left.  Peg Capt kills Hellcannon, reforms to face Shrines.  Pic:

Empire 3:  Peg Capt charges Warshine with Knights, Outriders rear charge other Shrine.  BSB Capt charges Marauders.  6 Dice on Final Transmutation killing BSB Hero and 9 Chosen.  WAltar dies.  Warshrine dies, Capt overruns into second.  2nd Warshrine flees but isn't caught.  BSB Capt wins combat and Marauders flee and bounce all the way through on their way off the board. Pic:

WOC 4:  Chosen charge Halberdiers.  Magic kills a few Flagellants.  Lector starts to take wounds.  Pic:

Empire 4:  Rear charge the Khornites.  Combo charge Flags into Flank of Chosen, GS into Rear.  Magic ineffectial.  Khornites blow the steadfast test (after killing AL) and get run down by Peg Capt.  I'm up by like 250 points right now, time running out.

Turn 5.  He does nothing and goes right to combat.  I'm still up.  Asks if he can go back and do his shooting and magic (sigh I hate this, Sports Scores cause this stuff that's about to happen).  He Flickering Fires my WL to death, now we're tied.  Roars my Peg Capt, rolls 3 6's no AS on 7 dice to kill him, now I lose by 150....Fudge.  Nice guys finish last sometimes.

Postscript:  Kicked him all over the board, his damn stuff is OP especially Warshrines, lost because I let him go back and do over stuff.

Noght

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:08:58 PM by Noght »
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline Swan-of-War

• Members
Re: 2200 Adepticon Championships (Battle 1 of 4) - Old Book
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 12:48:15 PM »
What's with the plexiglass and single river piece on each table?
Check out my blog at Warriors of Mustache

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 01:02:37 PM »
What's with the plexiglass and single river piece on each table?

Extra Scenario points for having banners on the Plexi.  River piece is a weak representation of a swamp.

Noght
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline Qrab

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 01:17:49 PM »
Deployment:  L to R, Hounds, Chosen, Hellcannon, Warshrine, Marauders, Khorne Warriors, Warshrine, Disc Sorc.  He went through the whole Warshine BS and kept re-rolling until he got +1 Armor and Stubborn/Ward Save on the Chosen (seems weird to do this and then add additional buffs during the game and the original stay in effect, *shrug*).

If he was rolling for the warshrines before turn 1, then he was cheating. Chosen get 1 roll on the Eye of the Gods table before the game starts and that is permanent. The warshrines don't get to roll before the game starts.

Finished reading the first battle. Are you saying that he took his turn 5 but you didn't get yours? AND asked to go back to phases he skipped after doing combat? If so, that's straight up bullshit right there. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:31:27 PM by Qrab »

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 01:27:31 PM »
Deployment:  L to R, Hounds, Chosen, Hellcannon, Warshrine, Marauders, Khorne Warriors, Warshrine, Disc Sorc.  He went through the whole Warshine BS and kept re-rolling until he got +1 Armor and Stubborn/Ward Save on the Chosen (seems weird to do this and then add additional buffs during the game and the original stay in effect, *shrug*).

If he was rolling for the warshrines before turn 1, then he was cheating. Chosen get 1 roll on the Eye of the Gods table before the game starts and that is permanent. The warshrines don't get to roll before the game starts.

That's a shock.  Something called Eye of the Gods, just kept re-rolling until he got a 12 and than the +1 AS.  Then he "Added" MR3 later.  So they were Stubborn, 3 + AS HtH, MR 3 after turn 1.

Noght

Offline Qrab

• Members
Re: 2200 Adepticon Championships (Battle 1 of 4 Done) - Old Book
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 01:35:15 PM »
Like I said, Chosen get 1 roll at the start of the game. The warshrines don't kick in until the shooting phase of turn 1. By what you list, it is possible that you've combined one of the first turn warshrine rolls with the pre-game roll? Either way though, as somebody who plays WoC, I think it's an incredibly lame way to build an army.

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 01:56:05 PM »
Like I said, Chosen get 1 roll at the start of the game. The warshrines don't kick in until the shooting phase of turn 1. By what you list, it is possible that you've combined one of the first turn warshrine rolls with the pre-game roll? Either way though, as somebody who plays WoC, I think it's an incredibly lame way to build an army.

Chosen Champ had Favor of the Gods in a unit with the Wailing Banner.  He kept re-rolling until he got the 11.  And then rolled again on turn 1.

Noght

Offline sammay23

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 04:44:40 PM »
He dd the eye of the gods wrong. Only one roll with one re-roll at the start, I think. Then he can re-roll if he already has a blessing and rolled it with the shrine starting in turn 1.

Edit: I just checked this with a WoC friend who has played this list and perfected the warshrine cheese. It's one roll before turn 1 - you can reroll a 7 and modify by +-1. Then you get a roll for each shrine, modify by +-1, and re-roll stats you already have. This allows for many re-rolls, since you can modify to something you already have, in the hopes of getting that magical 11 or 12.

Thanks for the reports. I'm looking forward to the next ones!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:00:00 PM by sammay23 »
Bring out the mop and broom sammay.  I want to see you clean this house.

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 10:43:56 PM »
Battle 2 of 4:  Blood and Glory vs Ogre Kingdoms
This Army won Best painted and Best Display Board:  Both pics forthcoming

Awesome Stonehorn

List:  (Kind of fluffy)  Monty Pythons Flying Circus Ogres
Slaughtermaster w/Earthing Rod, Rock Eye
Firebelly, lvl 1 w/Hellheart
BSB Bruiser w/Enchanted Shield, Ironcurse Icon
Bulls x7 w/FC
Bulls x7 w/FC
Ironguts x9 w/GW
2 Sabretusks
Gorger
Stonehorn
2 Scraplauncher

Empire 1:  Move out a bit for angles, Peg Capt sneaks toward the Stonehorn.  Final Transmute on Slaughtermaster Bulls killing 2.  All 3 War Machines misfire (Yep all 3), none explode, though 2 can't fire for 2 turns.  2 wounds on Firebelly from Outriders.
Ogre 1:  Moves out.  Hides his Firebelly near building.  Casts Braingobbler on Halberdiers/WL, blow the 9 LD and almost run off the board.

End of Turn 1 Pic:  Was Deployed as follows:  Kitty, Firebelly, Scraplaucher, Stonehorn (Tower), Ironguts, SM w/Bulls, BSB w/Bulls, Scraplauncher, Kitty
Me: Outriders and Peg Capt (Fated the Stonehorn, out of pic), Flags, GS, Mortar, Halberdiers w/Detachments, WA Lector, Cannon, Mortar, GS, Knights w/BSB, Flags, Knights

Empire 2:  Charge Captasus and Greatswords into Stonehorn.  Halberdiers rally and reform.  Move Detachments up close, he must charge their front arcs but won't be able to wheel so they are blocked.  BSB moves over to protect WL and shitty LD rolls.  Ignore cats and get ready to charge Bulls.  Magic sees Final Transmutation on SM Bulls again killing Champ and another, a complete rank gone.  Mortar misfires (4 in a row), can't shoot this turn.  Sword of Fate + Pegasus dispatch the Stonehorn.

Ogres 2:  Moves his Ironguts a bit, Firebelly steps out to breath on Flagellants.  Magic dispelled. Kills 10 Halberdiers with Scraplauncher direct hit. He's set up now.

Empire 3:  Charge VHS AL and Halberdier detachment.  Charge Firebelly with Flags.  Charge BSB Bulls with Flagellants.  Magic uneventful.  No wounds from Outriders on Scrappy.  Challenge SM with AL, he take some wounds, Halberdiers kill an Ogre, lose 4 Halberdiers.  He doesn't run.  Flags kill Firebelly.  Flags do 14 wounds, stripping a rank of Bulls, take 10 wounds back, he rolls snake eyes to stick.
Ogre 3:  Moves a Scraplauncher away from Outriders.  Remaining Launcher nicks the BSB with Killing Blow, causing GS to flee.  He finishes Flagellants and Halberdiers still in combat, SM/AL challenge ends with AL successful.  Getting close to Break Point.

Empire 4:  Silver Knights charge.  Blue Knights charge BSB unit.  Flagellants charge Ironguts.  Plague of Rust on Ironguts.  Timewarp on Blue Knights.  This time the Ogre Bulls are decimated and flee and are run down.  Empire win due to Break Points.

So 1-1 so far, should be 2-0 but ya never know how the draws would have worked.  I got a very Fluffy Ogre list this round.

Noght
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 01:52:26 PM by Noght »

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 10:50:17 PM »
Battle 3 of 4 vs Ogres Meeting Engagement
(My buddies Army, we play all the time, you'd think with 150 guys someone else would show up)

His List:
Slaughtermaster w/Striking Sword, Dispel Scroll, Greedy Fist (lvl 4 Maw)
Firebelly lvl 1
BSB Bruiser w/BoEF
Ironguts x10 w/FC
Bulls x6 w/FC
2 units of Gnoblers x10
Mournfang x 3
Maneaters x 3
Sabretusks x3
Leadbelchers x6
Ironblaster

Ogres go first and deploy 6" from Center, forced to huddle in the corner a bit.  He deploys everything, my Outriders are reserved (of course the move and shoot guys).  From bottom to top OK:  Maneaters, Mournfangs, Ironguts w/BSB and SM, Bulls w/Firebelly, Leadbelchers, and both Gnoblers, Ironblaster and Kitties behind.
I deploy my Detachments and GS forward and position Flagellants, Knights, Halberdiers behind.  Peg Capt behind building.

OK 1:  Moves up a bit, staying away from Flagellants with Fangs and Bulls.  Magic phase ineffective. Leadbelchers 16 shots on GS, kill 3, blow 9 LD and flee.  Ironblaster hits WAltar doing 3 wounds, AL fine.

Empire 1;  Move up Directors.  Rally GS.  Outriders enter to shoot Maneaters.  10 magic dice, he scrolls Searing Doom on Fangs, dispels Final Transmutation on Bulls.  Cannon kills Ironblaster (Woot!)

OK 2:  Charges, Detachments flee, GS hold vs Ironguts, he rolls 11 to charge, giant impact hits incoming. Gnoblers flank charge Knights.  5 v 5 magic phase, ineffective.  Shoots some Flags w/Leadbelchers.  Ironguts blow up GS, no overrun, reforms into 3x4 (wuss).  Gnoblers lose and start running for edge of board.

Empire 2:  Combo charge Ironguts w/Peg Capt (fated the SM) and Flagellants.  Flagellants fail charge, needed a 5, rolled a 4 (sigh, game loser methinks).  WAltar hits Bulls.  6 Dice on Final Transmutation, rolled 17 to fail (whee).  Cannon does 2 wounds to an Ogre and stops (of course).  Outriders kill 2 Maneaters.  Mortar kills 5 Gnoblars who flee.  Other Mortar misfires.  Peg Capt. gets crushed.  AL dies.

OK 3:  Guts charge Knights who flee, the redirect and charges Flags w/Fangs.  Kitty charges Outriders.  Other Kitties block Knights and Flagellants threatning his Flank. Firebelly Bulls charge Free Company flank.   Magic dispelled.  Flagellants do 8 wounds to Ironguts and 3 unsaved vs Mournfangs (imagine had all those wounds hit the Guts last turn, sigh).  Flags die.  Outriders lose and flee off board.
Empire 3:  WL leave Halberdiers, Knights rally.  Charge the redirecting Cats.  Searing Doom does 5 wounds, 1 left on Fangs.  Cannon aims at Irongut flank shot, spotted 6 inches away, rolls 2 and 2, sigh.  Mortars miss.

OK 4:  He combo charges the Halberdiers and they die, game over.  So sad.

Emp 4:  Move around for some objective points but essentially over.

So I'm 9-5 vs Chuck's OK Army.  Missing the Flaggellant Combo charge with Peg Captain was a game changer methinks.

Noght
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:53:47 AM by Noght »

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 10:56:27 PM »
Battle 4 of 4 vs Empire
(Tell me where you've seen this list before, hint:  it's every old list Army Build advice it seems)
Classic Halberdier Hordes vs MSU

Arch Lector w/War Altar, Charmed Shield, Dragonbane Gem, VHS
Wizard Lord (lvl 4 Shadow) w/Rod of Power, Crimson Amulet
BSB Captain w/FPA, Enchanted Shield, Crown of Command
Warrior Priest w/GW, AoMI
Warrior Priest w/HA, Shield, Dragonhelm
Halberdiers x 50 w/FC
Halberdiers x 50 w/FC
Greatswords x 27 w/FC
Mortar x 2
Great Cannon
2 units of Outriders x 5

Deployment:  Top Empire:  Outriders, GS, WM behind on hill, WAltar, Halb Horde x2, Outriders
Bottom Empire:  Peg Captain, Flags, Mortar, GS, Knights, WAltar, Halb Bus w/Detachments, Mortar, Flags, Cannon, GS, Outriders, Knights
He Vanguarded his Outriger first to prevent mine from getting in the "gap" by the Building.

His Empire 1:  Moves out towards me.  Magic ineffective.  Cannons my WAltar, Ward saved.  Mortar kills 7 Halberdiers.
My Empire 1:  Move Knights around building, Peg Capt hides behind building (Fated AL), set up angles and flees.  He dispels Final Transmutation.  My Cannon blows up his Cannon.
His Empire 2:  Failed charge by both GS and middle Halberdier Horde.  11 Dice v 6.  Dispel Miasma and Pit, he Enfeebles Flagellants.  Mortar misfires, 2nd nicks a few GS. Middle of turn 2 pic:

My Empire 2:  Combo charge his Right Halb Horde w/GS and Flags.  Peg Capt. hits his WAlter and AL.  Dispel Enfeebling.  Shoot Mortar off hill w/Cannon.  Crappy dice in combat, result is I lose all Flags + 2 GS, he loses 8 Halberdiers, sigh, hoped to kill like 15 or so (20 rerolled hits and str 5 to wound).  We VHS my Peg Capt and his AL, I still get some wounds in with Sword of Fate.  End of 2 pic:

His Empire 3:  He charges Flags w/Greatswords, Halb Horde moves up.  I think he shot up my GS w/Mortar and Outriders.  Magic ineffective.  GS die to Halb.  Flags die to Greatswords though I kill 13, AL dies to Peg Capt, though his unmanned WAltar sits (silly rule).  He and I make a mistake and he overruns into Outriders (don't care but I know better).

My Empire 3:  This is what MSU lives for.  Combo charge center Halbs.  Knights in Flank, WAltar and Halb Bus into front.  Magic ineffective.  Mortar direct hit on GS killing some, he fails leadership and flees towards west side of Board.  He fails his Steadfast roll after I kill his BSB with directed attacks from my BSB Capt and AL.  He flees and gets run down.  So now he has no AL, WL, or BSB just 2 WP left.

His Empire 4:  He declares charge on Halberdiers who flee, he can't charge Knights (front arc, can't close door), redirects into unbreakable WAltar, Whee!  He rallies GS and runs for cover.  Combat is a tarpit.
My Empire 4:  Charge BSB into flank, Halb reform to face his flank, Knights reform to go after WAltar. Transmutation of Lead on his Halberdiers. Direct Mortars kill Outriders. Combat is a Tarpit.

His Empire 5:  Nothing much happens.
My Empire 5:  Flank charge with Halberdiers, his Horde loses and fails LD check and is run down.

Victory to MSU Empire.  Got a ton of extra VPs for killing his Characters.

So I went 2-2.  I had fun, sorry there were fewer pics near the end of the day but I was getting a bit burned out and forgetting stuff.
COMMENTS Welcomed!

Noght
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:08:25 PM by Noght »

Offline Porkix

• Members
Re: 2200 Adepticon Championships (Battle 2 of 4 DONE) - Old Book
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 02:33:50 AM »
Good report Noght, nice to see the MSU style applied to Empire. Do you think the MSU style survived the new book?
I would say that the biggest lost was the fatasus, I had a lot of success with it in MSU style and I don't really know how to replace him in the new book...

Otherwise, the trick to lock him because of angles on charging is not very sporty if I would say. I would not have been very happy if I was the ogre player. I am also thinking that if he charges out the BSB unit 1st, then he can wheel his other units from left to right in order to charge you. I really like your play style but I think this kind of trick against a fluffy opponent is a bit sad...

Porkix

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 02:39:20 AM »
Good report Noght, nice to see the MSU style applied to Empire. Do you think the MSU style survived the new book?
I would say that the biggest lost was the fatasus, I had a lot of success with it in MSU style and I don't really know how to replace him in the new book...

Otherwise, the trick to lock him because of angles on charging is not very sporty if I would say. I would not have been very happy if I was the ogre player. I am also thinking that if he charges out the BSB unit 1st, then he can wheel his other units from left to right in order to charge you. I really like your play style but I think this kind of trick against a fluffy opponent is a bit sad...

Porkix
Thanks for the note.  Not sure the MSU survived in it's current form, might need to be altered a bit.  Regarding Sportsmanship, (Remember I gave game 1 away already because I was nice  :-)).  He stacked his units very tight, that's not my fault, only his Ogre Bulls were too tight.  Honestly even if he had been able to charge the Overrun gives me a flank or he reforms after a short charge and gets counter-charged, the detachments are just redirectors for me in this case.  BTW, his Ironguts could have charged and he elected not to because of the Flagellants to the front and Halberdier Bus in his flank then.

Also it was Blood and Glory, his General and BSB were staying put methinks.

Noght
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:42:19 AM by Noght »

Offline Porkix

• Members
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 02:52:32 AM »
Thanks for the reply Noght, I also realised that the charge might be even better for you that's why you could have let him pull them off anyway  :-D

I will also hesitate to charge my BSB in the crazies in a blood and gory scenario, it's very likely you could snipe him straight away.

I will try to build an MSU list later today, I think the reiksguard are gold and the flagellants still useful for MSU. May be toss in few demigryphs...

Porkix