home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 643405 times)

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #300 on: June 11, 2012, 04:38:33 PM »
"Oh...pain, right. She gave me this to ease your healing process." Klaus produces the ailment he got from Heidi for the pain. "Max my good friend it was the only right thing to do...bringing you to that physician, I donīt care about the cost. You just stay alive and use that brains of yours to help our investigation and after our little adventure." Klaus puts an arm around Maxs shoulders most likely hurting him a little in the process. "I teach you how to live."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #301 on: June 11, 2012, 04:57:11 PM »
Max is overwhelmed by Klaus's generosity, and is unable to say anything. He takes the pain medicine Klaus offers him, but doesn't drink any right away: he wants Klaus to see how tough he is. So he also doesn't let it show that Klaus hurt him when he put his arm around his shoulder.

Klaus goes downstairs to organize breakfast - followed by Max, who wants to help carry things - and finds Mortus already downstairs and eating. The innkeeper smiles at Klaus and Max. "Good morning, friends! None of my other guests are up yet - drank too much at the fair, I should think. Just Miss Mortus here. What can I get for you gentlemen? We have bacon, eggs, sausages, mushrooms, fried bread... and a nice light beer to wash it all down with."

Klaus asks about a bath. The innkeeper replies, "Easy enough, sir. I'll get Otho to work on it right away. Do you want it in your room?"
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #302 on: June 11, 2012, 05:11:46 PM »
"That would be very nice. I would like to have some eggs with mushrooms and the idea of washing it down sounds even more fantastic. "

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #303 on: June 11, 2012, 05:21:17 PM »
Mortus looks up at the mention of a bath.

"I could take one of those as well," she says.   Then she smiles.
"Klaus and Max join me.   The breakfast here is wonderful.   Did you sleep well last night?   I think innkeeper that we will need another bed for tonight and could I have some more of your wonderful mint tea."

• Members
« Reply #304 on: June 11, 2012, 05:41:32 PM »
"Good morning to you too Mortus.....Max this is Mortus, you have met yesterday but I guess you were still dazed to much to remember. Mortus I think you already know Max. You certainly found a nice inn for us even though the maid at the crossed halberd was something special too."

Klaus winks when he tells the others about Jenny and sits down to wait for his breakfast.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #305 on: June 11, 2012, 06:00:08 PM »
"Because of course the maids are what are most important in an inn.   I'm sorry that the standard of the staff is not up to your normal level," Mortus grins as she finishes her tea.

• Members
« Reply #306 on: June 11, 2012, 06:14:14 PM »
"No you misinterpreted my words I am very happy with your choice of staff, that halfling is exceptionally nice and the food is fantastic. Did you guys know that the Moot borders to Averland, probably the main reason the food there is so great too."

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #307 on: June 11, 2012, 06:19:58 PM »
"You were going to tell me more about the wine that was drunk in your father's house," Mortus reminded Kluas

• Members
« Reply #308 on: June 11, 2012, 06:24:44 PM »
"And you wanted to offer me money to find you nice Averlander wine contacts, most of the wine was from Tilea and some casks also from the Moot I never talked with the steward about who got it from where exactly but I could figure out where Baumann the wine you drank yesterday gets his wine from and get some casks for you if the offer of sharing the profit with me still stands."

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #309 on: June 11, 2012, 07:09:09 PM »
Heinrich will awaken and make his way downstairs. When he sees the trio eating he will join them.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #310 on: June 11, 2012, 07:15:54 PM »
Ju;lian orders a full breakfast and a beer and tucks in with relish.

"you can keep your wine, this beer is fantastic, although the food in the moot is second to none!

"I don't think we should hang atround here too long, we have a busy day ahead"

ooc rufus, I'm unsure if this pub is nearer to the sewer man's office, or the festival? Julian will want to go to the nearest one first. so switch the order of what I am about to say.

"I want to drop into the sewer clerk and inform him of the repairs the town needs to do, and hopefully get a reward. And then go to the festival and report to the court about the goblin, and to the circus owner. We need to say he was attacked by rats.. or perhaps Klaus's blob? and not a demon. Then I want to buy some equipment.

After that we can see... perhaps Heinrich wants to go after the demons. Or we can go after the thieves. I do have a plan for the thieves, albeit a not very extensive one"
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #311 on: June 11, 2012, 08:57:46 PM »
"Thieves," Mortus looks up, somewhat surprised.   "Nobody said anything about thieves, what thieves?"

• Members
« Reply #312 on: June 11, 2012, 09:02:34 PM »
"Yeah she is right....what thieves? Max already anything coming back to you where your tavern was, we could drop in there too and get your gear, and tell the "friends" of yours how well you did and what a bunch of cowards they are."

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #313 on: June 11, 2012, 09:31:38 PM »
"I don't want to get mixed up with thieves," Mortus says.   "I am an honest merchant.   I have no desire to start fighting thieves in sewers of all places.   Though maybe I could get the guard to help.   If I can find that guard captain again."   She considers.   "At least I know where he drinks."
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:34:31 PM by commandant »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #314 on: June 11, 2012, 10:06:05 PM »
ooc rufus, I'm unsure if this pub is nearer to the sewer man's office, or the festival? Julian will want to go to the nearest one first. so switch the order of what I am about to say.

[The town hall (where the sewer guy's office was) is quite near your inn - you'll probably pass it on the way to the festival. The inn is close to location 30 on the map.]
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #315 on: June 11, 2012, 10:17:56 PM »
Max order a surprisingly large breakfast for someone of his size, and eats it rapidly. He smiles at the others, but is too nervous to say anything much. When Klaus asks him if he remembers where he and his friends were supposed to be staying, he says, "Yes Klaus, I've remembered. I was only there briefly to leave my bag... it was called the Journey's End, and it was somewhere near the east gate."

[Julian has the Journey's End inn marked on his map - location 27]

"I'd forgotten my friends!" Max says, "They must think I'm dead - I'll have to find them and tell them I'm going to stay with all of you." he looks a bit worried as he says this, as if he fears he'll be told he's not welcome to stay. "If we go to the Journey's End I can get my money, and pay what I owe for my room here, and for the physician last night. I feel ashamed that I haven't been paying my own way - father would be furious with me if he knew." Max shudders at the thought of what his father would do if he were here.
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #316 on: June 11, 2012, 10:20:29 PM »
Julian is slightly annoyed at himself for letting slip about the thieves, but tries not to show it to the group.

"Ah, we found something else down in the sewers. I don't think it is safe to talk about it here"

Julian will wait until he is certain that no one else is listening, or if that is not possible talk about it in the street hoping it will get lost in the hustle and bustle. He says, at the opportune moment, [might need to wait until Cannon posts again- I'm just posting this to keep the game moving]

"Me and Heinrich found a secret room, near the dwarfs body, which seemed to be the lair of a thieves guild. There was a hidden key and a room full of crates with one guard. I am fairly certain that the room was directly below the crossed pikes, the pub you were in last night.

Klaus, I was wondering if you think you could charm that barmaid, or perhaps the landlord is starting to believe your stories of heroism... and you could see if you get a look around.

Unless Heinrich has another idea? I feel another trip into the sewers is inevitable, but there is work to do above land too"
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #317 on: June 11, 2012, 10:24:47 PM »
The group are still the only people in the breakfast room - no other guests have come down yet - so it's safe to talk.

[When everyone is ready, I'll need to know where you are going first, and if you are going together or splitting up.]
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #318 on: June 11, 2012, 11:41:09 PM »
Heinrich suggests shopping first, then a trip to the city guards to report the demonologist and the thieves. Once there he will offer to break up the thieves ring himself, knowing that with all of the extra people in town the guards will be stretched to the limit.

Heinrich has a plan.

• Members
« Reply #319 on: June 12, 2012, 08:40:41 AM »
"I would say we do as Heinrich says with the sole exception that we make a short stop at that sewer engineer thing Julian wanted to visit."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #320 on: June 12, 2012, 09:09:30 AM »
[Everyone is going to the town hall then?]
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #321 on: June 12, 2012, 09:10:30 AM »
[Everyone is going to the town hall then?]

Yes, I think we're all sticking together today.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #322 on: June 12, 2012, 09:12:47 AM »
Mortus will chatter away about her need to buy some new clothes but she will follow the others to the town hall when they leave.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #323 on: June 12, 2012, 10:35:16 AM »
Heinrich, Julian, Mortus, Klaus and Max finish their breakfasts, get their things together, and leave the Surprised Goat. On their way out, the innkeeper says to them, "I'll hold your room for you, don't worry. I'm afraid I don't have another bed for the young gentleman though - will he be happy sleeping on straw?"

Max nods emphatically.

"Lovely! Well, enjoy your day and I'll see you tonight, I hope."

It's around nine in the morning, but it's already very hot outside. The filthy streets outside the inn are full of people hurrying toward the fair, complaining about the unseasonably hot weather.

The group soon reach the Dreieckeplatz, the administrative centre of the town. Many of the buildings have elaborate facades with decorative columns and arches, and statues of the town's patron deity Bogenauer. The area is full of people of all classes: beggars clamoring for a few coins; entertainers juggling, breathing fire, playing instruments and singing songs; lawyers and councillors bustling importantly around; agitators handing out pamphlets and making speeches, and food vendors selling pies and sausages.

The town hall itself is at the heart of the square, and is a large and magnificent building.

The group enter the town hall, passing a pair of halberd-wielding guards who glare at them suspiciously, and find themselves in a large entry hall. There are a number of desks set up in the hall. Seated at one of them is a grey-haired woman who addresses them in a strident voice, "You there, what's your business here?"

Julian explains that he wants to see Ludwig Stumpf, the vice-under-secretary of sanitation. She studies him for a moment, and then says, "You look like a respectable engineer. Very well: up the stairs on the right, turn left, turn right, third left, second right, fourth door on the left."

She then looks more closely at the rest of the group - she raises her eyebrows when she see's Max's salve-smeared chest - and says, "You will be held responsible for the actions of your... companions, however."

Julian leads the group to Ludwig Stumpf's office, knocks, and they go inside. "Ah, good morning!" Stumpf says, "my dear friend the engineer! And - oh my! What a very colourful group of associates you have with you today! Ha ha!" Ludwig mops his brow. "I'm told your trip to the sewers was unnecessary after all - quite a disappointment, I'm sure - since the goblin - wasn't it a goblin? - found its way out through a river drain and got into one of the warehouses at the waterfront. Killed there by... oh, I'm not sure. Someone. Ha ha! Still, I'm sure your practiced eye saw some little problems in need of a good engineer, Mr. Stonebridge? If so, the town will be able to compensate you for that at least."

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:32:31 PM by rufus sparkfire »
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #324 on: June 12, 2012, 11:32:58 AM »
Klaus looks around the room but at the mentioning of the goblin he turns towards the steward.

"What, the goblin was found? When did you learn of this? I mean we just woke up and came directly here, who told you about the warehouse incident?"