home

Author Topic: Turn 7  (Read 28057 times)

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
Turn 7
« on: March 28, 2013, 06:27:53 PM »
I use this term generously as it is not a true turn. In each factions forum you will find a thread that you may wish to look at. With the election over now comes the time to decide what to do about the court and the future of the Empire.

It is currently mid winter and after 'turn 7' (which will end at 11.59pm Saturday) the timeline will advance. Then the Empire will progress into mid spring with a new design to it for turn 8. The decisions you make in response to the thread will drive the storyline in mid spring.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Re: Turn 7
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 07:34:38 PM »
I am sorry for having to make this request, but is it at all possible to "take time off"? I am rather ill at the moment and won't be able to sit at my computer typing diplomatic letters- I am confined to bed and to the bathroom. Sure I can type this message, but only from my smartphone which isn't suited for anything other than three or four lines.

I know ee don't normally pause the game for one player, but I am hoping we can make an exception because diplomacy will be very important, and there are some details I've not shared with the faction yet.

I understand if this isn't possible, but I hope you'll agree to have a bit of patience while I kick the bugs outta my system. If its any consolation, my grandmother caught the same bug and is now, two days later, she's doing a lot better :).
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 10:05:11 PM »
there are some details I've not shared with the faction yet.

Like the fact that you're not the real Demonslayer and are actually just F? (hey it explains why the Hornhousen faction wouldn't even listen to alternate offers).  :icon_razz:

Seriously though, a break might be a good idea. Not jsut because the entire campaign is kinda dependent on Demonslayer right now but also because this has been a mini campaign in of itself, so a break might allow us all to recharge our batteries a bit. I can't be the only faction leader that is rather worn out.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 10:47:36 PM »
Is this the general consensus? 

ReiklanderCaptain

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 10:52:18 PM »
I dont'have anything against that idea, especially since the last weeks were quite stressful rl, and I'd like to enjoy some  free time.

also it gives Demonslayer time to recuperate.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 03:26:04 AM »
Got a very busy day tomorrow with my business, and time for me on Saturday and Sunday is very limited because of family and Easter holiday obligations.

If we start up again next Tuesday or even as far out as next Thursday, I'm not going to complain.  Then Turn Seven can finish itself up going into next Saturday at midnight.  A break could help us all do our part at continuing to maintain the quality of this event so far.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 10:23:44 AM »
We are going away over the weekend so a break would be great. It is eastern after all. 

And Middenland could do with a lengthened armistice.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 10:28:29 AM »
Oh yeah, it's Easter. Not exactly a holiday that flags up on my radar. Alright then. We will delay the ending of the turn till say Tuesday 11.59pm next week.

Is that enough time?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 10:37:20 AM »
That sounds like the Turn is still going through the weekend if its going to end on Tuesday.  More an extention of the Turn, rather than a delay in play, the start up of the Turn again, and then its ending.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 10:38:46 AM »
What's the difference!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 10:45:27 AM »
 :icon_lol:

If we are playing a turn, then the request to "take time off" by Demonslayer has been denied, and since he can't do diplomacy currently, then the factions will need to do it with whoever is over on the Von Kerpen faction that can, while he can't.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:47:46 AM by GamesPoet »

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 10:33:53 PM »
I'm having trouble with my pc and our internet at the moment so haven't been able to respond to letters. As such ill delay the end of the turn till Wedneday 11.59pm and respond tomorrow when I acquire a proper solution after work.

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 05:10:38 PM »
Yeah I was hoping we were gona have a proper delay like Demonslayer asked for. Since until he is able to take PMs, I can't get anything done and I don't think anyone else can either.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 05:36:54 PM »
I wasn't aware we were still waiting for him. Suspect my level of clarity hasn't been high. :icon_lol:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 05:38:17 PM »
Although on a more serious note ... has any one heard from him, and is he ok?

ReiklanderCaptain

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 06:06:48 PM »
I also need to know as I'm going on vacation tomorrow until friday...and I don't believe I can get on the forum wednesday or thursday.

Nobody else from my faction answered yet on who would do everything diplomacy-related.

If I could send letters tonight and get a few answers, I can relay the message and we might if all works out act accordingly.

Offline red bull

• Members
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 06:30:39 PM »
I think there's going to be a bit of a wait still...
No matter how good a general you are; if the dice are against you, you will not win.

My new stories http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=36076.0
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=36981.0

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 10:22:01 PM »
Does everyone want a longer gap again then? There's been a fair amount of drop out now so we can accommodate things a bit better.

AFter this turn the entire factions/campaign is due a shake up so a longer delay could be implemented if necessary.

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 10:25:16 PM »
A longer gap would be great.

ReiklanderCaptain

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 10:35:16 PM »
Yes! A break would be great As I'm absent from the 4. to the 6th!

I have some letters prepared but as many others out there I first need to write to Demonslayer.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:45:07 PM by ReiklanderCaptain »

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 11:19:22 AM »
Wow, I'm actually important  :icon_eek: !

I'm doing a bit better, still not great though. The really bad nausea has passed but I still have some headaches, muscle- and stomach aches at times, and I'm constantly tired as hell (which is a symptom apparently, my aunt, grandmother and several others are all experiencing the same thing).
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 12:37:06 PM »
Yes Demonslayer, you are. Once your feeling up to diplomatic dealings could you post saying so. As I think we all have lots to discuss with you.

Offline red bull

• Members
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 01:11:37 PM »
If people want to PM me the stuff intende for DS I'll get it in the faction. Now I'm no DemonSlayer so don't expect any replies anytime soon but I can get the ball rolling at least...
No matter how good a general you are; if the dice are against you, you will not win.

My new stories http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=36076.0
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=36981.0

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 04:10:53 PM »
I'm not sure my confusion has been decreased by much. :icon_lol:

- - -

DS ... good to hear from you, and good to know whatever disease that has plagued your family seems to be diminishing in severity.  Keep us osted on where things stand, thanks!

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 09:41:30 PM »
Shall we delay it until Sunday evening then or is that not enough time.

I can see that you're all still discussing things and a few people absences are causing issues overall.