home

Author Topic: 50% Lords and Heroes  (Read 7818 times)

Offline emcdunna

• Members
Re: 50% Lords and Heroes
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 09:19:50 PM »
It won't happen, unless you implement your own comp pack for an event. Which I would totally do if I ever held an event.

Offline JummyM

• Members
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 11:35:18 PM »
Yeah, comp is a great army leveler. Has anyone used comp in games?
Osta-rozhnah!

Offline emcdunna

• Members
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 11:39:38 PM »
my friend and I "comped" our armies through swedish comp so that we both knew that our armies were fairly matched. Its a useful tool

there is simply an issue that points systems cant address: Bad matchups. Sometimes you may need 1000 extra points to have a fair fight versus an enemy army.

Offline JummyM

• Members
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 12:39:46 AM »
Yeah....... And how could that style of handicap be implemented?
Osta-rozhnah!

Offline emcdunna

• Members
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 01:09:33 AM »
Honestly it cant, not methodically.

a better approach is to play against a reasonable opponent who shares his list (just which units and how many of them, not magic items and deployment and equipment and stuff) with you because THEN you can see "oh, hes going to play avoidance, well then I think I better not spend so many points on a deathstar.... etc.

when you play this way it is much more fun. discuss strategy with your opponent as you list build. Then you can avoid games that you are uselessly outmatched (an all close combat dwarf army vs an all avoidance wood elf army would be a slaughter)

Offline NeverNadir

• Members
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2014, 12:53:43 PM »
Does this mean Wizard Wagons are more accessible now? Since we can take them as mounts for lords...

Offline emcdunna

• Members
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2014, 02:11:22 PM »
The issue with riding wagons is cannonballs to the face and other shooting that can wreck both.

It wouldn't be a horrible idea if the wiz was your general but he's only ld8 which is bad bad bad.

Offline Jomppexx

• Members
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2014, 07:35:14 PM »
The wand wagons as mounts are terrible, they dont give any benefits...
They just make you a large target and easy to kill with cannons and bolt throwers.
"Sigmar is like a barbaric, warrior Jesus, and only appeared to be a mortal man."
Highlights :
8/2014 : Grandmaster slew a Chaos Lord in a challenge

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2014, 08:03:08 PM »
Yeah, there should be some bonus, for example, the Wizard adding his level for casting the Bound Spell. Note that for some reason the Hurricanum is 5 pts cheaper as Wizard mount.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:05:35 PM by Fidelis von Sigmaringen »
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline emcdunna

• Members
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2014, 08:12:46 PM »
wizard adding his lvl to the bound spell, or adding his level to the range of the bubble buff would both be reasons to take him mounted. Again, perhaps if you dont want to purchase a wizard bunker then you might try doing it?

Offline NeverNadir

• Members
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2014, 09:41:58 PM »
Aye, I suppose it still faces all the old problems... I just don't like having to choose between Helblasters and Wagons. Ah well, at least my old Mordheim Witchhunters can get some love!

Offline emcdunna

• Members
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2014, 09:49:08 PM »
we only run out of rare points if you take tanks. you can get both wagons and 2 helblasters easily in 2k pts.

perhaps if you wanted wagons, and tanks, and helblasters....

Offline Jomppexx

• Members
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2014, 08:18:48 AM »
Loremaster when mounted on a wagon?
+1 or +2 to cast when mounted?
If it doesn't buff the wizards abilities in anyway, what's the point of taking one?
"Sigmar is like a barbaric, warrior Jesus, and only appeared to be a mortal man."
Highlights :

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2014, 08:26:39 AM »
Well, they do get +1 AS, increased movement, better LoS (works both ways, of course) and either a 6+ ward or +1 to Hit. Perhaps the idea was, if you would take wizard and wand wagon anyway, why not combine them?  But the benefits clearly do not outweigh the disadvantages as a wizard mount.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Jomppexx

• Members
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2014, 09:46:06 AM »
Well, they do get +1 AS, increased movement, better LoS (works both ways, of course) and either a 6+ ward or +1 to Hit. Perhaps the idea was, if you would take wizard and wand wagon anyway, why not combine them?  But the benefits clearly do not outweigh the disadvantages as a wizard mount.
Oh yes great, so for what 150 points? My wizard gets 6+ armour, nothing for movement (Marching makes Wizard move 8") and at best a 6+ ward.
No thank you. Maybe if my rare section is full and I want a wagon Ill take one and dismount my wizard right away.
Highlights :

Offline Vauln

• Members
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2014, 10:02:44 AM »
Double STank and a Luminarch? Hmmmm...

Offline JummyM

• Members
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2014, 02:17:46 PM »
Hot damnnnnn. Two Stanks..... However I dont really feel like the wizard wagons due to much to help our army.
Osta-rozhnah!

Offline carmaul

• Members
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2014, 03:43:21 PM »
Well, they do get +1 AS, increased movement, better LoS (works both ways, of course) and either a 6+ ward or +1 to Hit.

Of course, you take one for the +1 to hit.   :-D

Offline Vauln

• Members
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2014, 03:49:55 PM »
lol

Hey, it could work with VHS and Sword of Striking, you can't miss!

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2014, 03:53:01 PM »
The remark was made that they do not buff the wizards abilities in any way. Which, of course, is incorrect. Whether these are really useful buffs for a wizard is another matter. Indeed, I immediately pointed out that these benefits clearly do not outweigh the disadvantages (this includes cost) as a wizard mount.

Offline carmaul

• Members
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2014, 06:06:29 PM »
Quick rules question FvS.  I put a wizard on a wagon and keep it within 3 inches of a steam tank.  Does the wizard get a Look Out Sir! save if targeted with a template?   Both troop types are Chariot.

Offline Grendel083

• Members
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2014, 07:00:17 PM »
Quick rules question FvS.  I put a wizard on a wagon and keep it within 3 inches of a steam tank.  Does the wizard get a Look Out Sir! save if targeted with a template?   Both troop types are Chariot.
But the Steam Tank does not consist of 5 or more models.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2014, 07:31:04 PM »
What Grendel083 says. As far as I am aware, the only chariots able to provide a "Look Out, Sir!" are the TK chariots - if they have at least 5 R&F chariot models in their unit.

Offline carmaul

• Members
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2014, 08:24:59 PM »
So use Lore of Undeath, summon 5+ Tomb King Chariots, put wizard on chariot, follow TK.

I am just trying to think of ways to actually USE the wagons as a mount.

Offline JummyM

• Members
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2014, 08:45:18 PM »
So use Lore of Undeath, summon 5+ Tomb King Chariots, put wizard on chariot, follow TK.

I am just trying to think of ways to actually USE the wagons as a mount.

Same, Im not seeing the use as a mount. Undeath could work, but you cant use that lore on any of the chariots. Multiple Casters?
Osta-rozhnah!