home

Author Topic: The Elves are back in town! END TIMES Vol. 3  (Read 86631 times)

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
The Elves are back in town! END TIMES Vol. 3
« on: November 17, 2014, 09:46:36 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfmAysyadhA

Discuss. Are we going to see the Avatar of Khaine in our WFB?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:00:55 AM by Xathrodox86 »
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline cornwall

• Members
Re: The Elves are back in town! END TIMES Vol. 3
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 10:19:36 AM »
The Empire are going to need to build a bigger cannon..

Offline Jon Kerr

• Members
  • Kislev Boyar
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 10:33:02 AM »
This got me excited, but.....

It was uploaded on the 23rd October, and is currently unlisted on YouTube. Which makes me think they arent ready for this announcement yet (the video is not supposed to be public?).

Given the above is this likely to be released before Christmas? 3 End Times books before Christmas would be crazy!
Check out http://TaleOfFourGeeks.co.uk

Painting tips videos, and blog posts from some amazing army painters!

Follow me on Twitter! @Jon_Kerr_T4G

Offline Jomppexx

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 10:35:20 AM »
This got me excited, but.....

It was uploaded on the 23rd October, and is currently unlisted on YouTube. Which makes me think they arent ready for this announcement yet (the video is not supposed to be public?).

Given the above is this likely to be released before Christmas? 3 End Times books before Christmas would be crazy!
Going to be released on 23th of Christmas I bet...
"Sigmar is like a barbaric, warrior Jesus, and only appeared to be a mortal man."
Highlights :
8/2014 : Grandmaster slew a Chaos Lord in a challenge

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 10:50:58 AM »
The whole idea is shaping in rather interesting way. I hope that they WON'T unite DE and HE since both of those armies are OP at the moment. Maybe give DE some Slaaneshi units, a'la Storm of Chaos. I wonder if they'll cover only HE and DE or if there will be some love for the Woodies as well?
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Jomppexx

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 11:06:43 AM »
The whole idea is shaping in rather interesting way. I hope that they WON'T unite DE and HE since both of those armies are OP at the moment. Maybe give DE some Slaaneshi units, a'la Storm of Chaos. I wonder if they'll cover only HE and DE or if there will be some love for the Woodies as well?

Hehee hahaa, let's combine the High and Dark elves, and voila, the most idiotic army is born. This is just what our customers wanted, I'm glad we're so good at coming up with amazing ideas that make everyone really happy! Instead of giving the underpowered armies, like Bretonnia and Beastmen a useful and updated armybook, we will rather combine the elves and all chaos races, just so they can stomp everyone out of the game. Yeah, that's a great idea, let's do it and write some really terrible, shitty lore to explain why the elves, that always hated each other eternally and fiercely, will now be best buddies!
"Sigmar is like a barbaric, warrior Jesus, and only appeared to be a mortal man."
Highlights :

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 11:14:45 AM »

Hehee hahaa, let's combine the High and Dark elves, and voila, the most idiotic army is born. This is just what our customers wanted, I'm glad we're so good at coming up with amazing ideas that make everyone really happy! Instead of giving the underpowered armies, like Bretonnia and Beastmen a useful and updated armybook, we will rather combine the elves and all chaos races, just so they can stomp everyone out of the game. Yeah, that's a great idea, let's do it and write some really terrible, shitty lore to explain why the elves, that always hated each other eternally and fiercely, will now be best buddies!

Word. For me this book will be hardest to justify. I mean, Super-Franz? Ok... I can stomach it. Kinda. The destruction of two major imperial cities, the decimation of two magic orders? I guess there had to be some sacrifices. But I can't, I just CAN'T imagine a HE/DE alliance. They'll be contradicting a 15+ years of goddamn lore. And don't start with the "Chaos is invading, we need to be BFF's" crap. Chaos was invading from the time of Aenarion. Suddendly the Elves wet their pants? Lazy writing or a blatant cash grab on GW's part? You decide.

Gneisenau

Offline Jon Kerr

• Members
  • Kislev Boyar
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 11:51:09 AM »
I dunno, I actually think it's really interesting. I don't understand why anyone is complaining about End Times- its the best thing to happen to WHFB in a decade!

I've not read the End Times books yet (and nor have others on this thread by the sounds of it!), but excerpts I've seen certainly suggest that whats happening is considered to be VERY bad.

Teclis arranged for the death of his NIECE! in an attempt to weaken Nagash. He must have had no other choice against that kind of power.
To that end, the Dark Elves must also realise that whats happening is far more important than their millenia long civil war. They are both dying races and need to band together to survive. They can resolve their own war later.

My GUESS!:

-The elves will get a combined army book- WE/DE/HE. United under...... Tyrion? Driven mad by grief at the loss of his daughter, and taking up the Sword of Khaine as Aenaerion once did.
-We already know the Everqueen has gone to Athel Loren to heal Ariel. I reckon Ariel, in her demi-god form, will be the new "big kit" for the Elves. A huge, angry, moth-elf demi-god. Sounds like a suitable 1000pt model to me to match the others!
Check out http://TaleOfFourGeeks.co.uk

Painting tips videos, and blog posts from some amazing army painters!

Follow me on Twitter! @Jon_Kerr_T4G

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 12:44:38 PM »
I just find the Chaos apocalypse to be boring and I don't like how it's written. Everything else is fine.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 01:42:34 PM »
I dunno, I actually think it's really interesting. I don't understand why anyone is complaining about End Times- its the best thing to happen to WHFB in a decade!

Me too.

I've not read the End Times books yet (and nor have others on this thread by the sounds of it!), but excerpts I've seen certainly suggest that whats happening is considered to be VERY bad.

I've read both supplements and am in the process of reading "The Fall of Altdorf". Nagash book was great. Glottkin is noticeably weaker. I'm afraid that the quality loss will continue.

Teclis arranged for the death of his NIECE! in an attempt to weaken Nagash. He must have had no other choice against that kind of power.
To that end, the Dark Elves must also realise that whats happening is far more important than their millenia long civil war. They are both dying races and need to band together to survive. They can resolve their own war later.

This is such  a big drama. I love that Teclis, who was always shown as a noble, albeit cunning soul, suddnedly has no qualms for sacrificing kids and scheming with his arch-nemesis. And no, the "let's postpone our civil war because LOL chaos" isn't really working for me. Chaos was a threat for millenia and just know the Elves have took it seriously? The Battle for Finuval Plain was thought between High Elves and Dark Elves AND their Chaos allies, including Daemons. Did someone at GW had a brain fart or something? Forget much?

My GUESS!:
-The elves will get a combined army book- WE/DE/HE. United under...... Tyrion? Driven mad by grief at the loss of his daughter, and taking up the Sword of Khaine as Aenaerion once did.

ASF for everyone! 185 pts Hydras for everyone! Witch Elf bunkers for everyone! Balance? Screw that, we'll be able to field two of the most powerful mages in the game in the SAME army. Awesome.
-We already know the Everqueen has gone to Athel Loren to heal Ariel. I reckon Ariel, in her demi-god form, will be the new "big kit" for the Elves. A huge, angry, moth-elf demi-god. Sounds like a suitable 1000pt model to me to match the others!

Tyrion's Linkin Park fueled, crawling-in-my-skin, angst rage is literally the worst, anime-inspired, emo wankfest I've ever saw in Warhammer. It's THAT bad. They've turned an utter, elven badass,  a guy who shown all those elf-are-sissies haters into a sissy because MAH DAUGHTER is dead. Boo hoo. He'll probably repaint his armour black and get some spiffy name, like "Darkbrood MacAngst" or something.

Yes I am mad, sue me. I've played HE for many years and can't stand to watch my second favorite faction going to sh**t.

Gneisenau

Offline Philhelm

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 01:46:28 PM »
But I can't, I just CAN'T imagine a HE/DE alliance. They'll be contradicting a 15+ years of goddamn lore. And don't start with the "Chaos is invading, we need to be BFF's" crap. Chaos was invading from the time of Aenarion. Suddendly the Elves wet their pants? Lazy writing or a blatant cash grab on GW's part? You decide.

It's cool.  All of the cartoons had that one episode.  It's like when Skeletor and He-Man are forced into a temporary, grudging alliance, and Skeletor would try to betray He-Man at the end of the episode.

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 01:50:05 PM »
HE and DE is forced into an alliance because neither of them wants to see Chaos win.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 03:22:51 PM »
I think we need to have more He-Man like aesthetics in the armies.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 03:46:47 PM »

You mean well oiled men in fur thongs, riding battle cats? Count me in. :biggriin:

Gneisenau

Offline Jomppexx

• Members
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 03:59:11 PM »

You mean well oiled men in fur thongs, riding battle cats? Count me in. :biggriin:

Absolutely.
Someone needs to convert some He-Demigryphs  :-D
Highlights :

Offline Vauln

• Members
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 04:01:59 PM »
no

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 04:03:14 PM »
Embrace the oily man-love.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline wardancer

• Members
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 04:37:29 PM »
I just can't get excited at this blatant cash grab from GW. If End times will remain alternative settin, bit like 30k and 40k, then i don't care, poeple can play what they like. If they will make it "only" version... then i will be very unhappy.

Offline Jomppexx

• Members
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 05:33:48 PM »
I just can't get excited at this blatant cash grab from GW. If End times will remain alternative settin, bit like 30k and 40k, then i don't care, poeple can play what they like. If they will make it "only" version... then i will be very unhappy.
Then prepare to be disappointed.
Hear out my theory.
9th edition will have The End Times built in, we are already seeing hints to this (lore of undeath for everyone, 50% lords&heroes), I believe we will also have the End Times special characters built in to the books, maybe we will also have the "old" characters. All the new models, you really think you would need "Legions of Chaos" or The End Times anyhow to play some Blight Knights or Morghast? I doubt it. Legions of Chaos & Undead will probably remain as they are, but will also include separate army books. Or heck, maybe the only way to play Warriors of Chaos or Vampire Counts will be with The End Times combined books and the "normal" army books will be removed completely.
My biggest hopes for 9th edition are ally rules. Then I can field my ogres with my empire and I will get a really bad reason to start maybe a bretonnian army or dwarves.  :-D Just because money REALLY burns holes in my pocketses. Or could you say... It's not precious.. *Clunk clunk*
Highlights :

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 06:03:42 PM »
HE and DE is forced into an alliance because neither of them wants to see Chaos win.

Don't the Dark Elves want Chaos to win?

Offline Jomppexx

• Members
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 06:10:07 PM »

Pretty sure they don't.
Doomfire Warlocks are cursed by Slaanesh, so I don't think they're the best of friends.
Highlights :

Offline Philhelm

• Members
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 06:42:59 PM »

Definitely not, aside from perhaps any Dark Elf individuals that are willfully in league with Chaos.  Malekith simply wants to rule Ulthuan as was his alleged birthright, and the Dark Elves have their own deities (Khaine, most notably).  They certainly wouldn't benefit from the Chaos Gods devouring all.  In fact, in TET: Nagash, Naggaroth was besieged by demons while Malekith was away.

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 07:04:44 PM »
Watch, Teclis is going to become a Dark Elf.

Offline Philhelm

• Members
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 07:43:42 PM »
Watch, Teclis is going to become a Dark Elf.

Then Teclis kills Malekith and rules the Dark Elves while Tyrion becomes the Phoenix King and we end up with some cliche brother vs. brother scenario.

I do like the idea of Malekith becoming the Phoenix King, and that he was somehow betrayed when he passed through the flame of Asuryan.

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 08:02:58 PM »
No, I'm seriously thinking that Malekith will take up the Sword of Khane and become some sort of Avatar of Khane as his father did before him, Tyrion will blame his brother for letting his daughter die and as the new Phoenix king, banish him.  Morathi will form a pact with Teclis to lead the DE now that Malekith's dead.