home

Author Topic: Mordheim App  (Read 3532 times)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Mordheim App
« on: May 31, 2017, 10:15:19 AM »
A couple days ago Legendary Games launched a Mordheim App.  It's pretty fun for what it is.  Beware that it is a Freemium game with all that entails, but so far I've not really had any issues with it so far.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
Re: Mordheim App
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 03:59:43 PM »
Looks interesting. It's vs. other live players? So we could set up a W-E league?

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 02:51:48 AM »
Freemium? So pay to win? 10 years ago i could afford that. Now i will need to grind.

Great question 023. Is it PC or iOS?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 03:02:00 AM »
Android - so I suspect iPhone as well.

Sounds like the basic game & warbands are free, pay to unlock additional warbands.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 10:25:22 AM »
It is against other players, but it doesn't look like you can set up matches it's just randomized based on what level you are at.

I've played quite a bit and not needed to pay to win. Fate points cost real world money and you can use that to hire mercenaries, heal people after battle or revive them if they are dead. Then there's the buying of additional warbands.  Right now they start you off with Reikland and you can pay for Middenland or Marienburg.  There's other stuff going to come later, like a map to show what areas you've unlocked and other warbands.

I've built up my guys well enough that I can actually take on mercs and win.  As far as freemium games go this one isn't that bad so far.  I'm in the top 200 with my Wissenland warband (or was when I stopped last night).  If you start taking attrition you'll probably have to start over, but then that's the way the table top game went so I'm not too worried about it.

I've got two warbands running right now (you can have 3 simultaneously).  So if anyone sees Wissenlanders or Stir River Patrol it may just be me.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:31:13 AM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 11:03:30 AM »
So I googled this and the first in-game screenshot that I found shows a character named 'Adolf Unterwurst'. Good grief - that might very well be the worst Warhammer related German name thus far.  :eusa_wall:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 01:26:22 AM »
There was another one named "Stefan Mordenstrudel" in one of the screen shots.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 07:27:51 AM »
Thanks for pointing that the app is out. I've been hooked on it for the last 4 days.

Made three warbands.

Bretonnian Questors: started off really well and my captain, Sir Batton, had a absurd amount of full recoveries with my peasant soldiers living to see level 10. Unfortunately tragedy struck a John Wineroot the men-at-arm's stupidity saw him get overwhelmed and Boros of Quenelles the bowmen frenzied right into a chaos marauder cosplayer. Sadly Sir Batton has finally fallen in battle by my idiotic decision to keep fighting instead of retreat.

So now Boran of Gisoreux and a knight of Mousillon carry on the pilgrimage to aid the city by recruiting a merry band of archers to snipe the mercenary curs that haunt the city.
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 11:51:05 AM »
My Wissenlanders were pretty strong for a while.  I made it to the 40s in ranking.  I had two tanks and the rest of the warband was fodder.  Once one of the tanks went down, though, it was the end of the warband as the other guy just couldn't carry the weight by himself anymore.

not together.

Offline Silver Wolf

• Members
  • I see lead people.
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 06:21:32 PM »
Oh, I'll have to give this game a try. :D
"Watch the skies, traveler."
Check out my wargaming blog - The Forge of War

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 02:04:57 AM »
Oh you definitely should, it's alot of fun and more updates for factions like Skaven and Undead are on the way.

Just expect to get into some bad moments with more powerful warbands and even getting robbed of your stuff. All apart of the Damned city experience.  :biggriin:

As for my other two warbands.

The Baron's Blades: focus on swordsmen and crossbows. My first two missions were only won thanks to my captain,  Baron Klatz. Both times my henchmen were taken out and only the Baron pulled off a victory by killing their captain and the then the next fight by winning three-on-one.

Azyrheim Auxiliaries: elite two-handed weapon warband in gold colors. First fight was a crushing victory followed by a crushing defeat as it was five against two and they had plate armor. So my captain, Lord Stratos Skyslash and Knight Dreadlight were both unable to fight the next battle with the lord out for three battles.

I had to disband the Knight and hire a new recruit who'd have to solo three missions without getting injured. By God-king Sigmar he did it even with four to one odds and managing to kill three of them.

Now I have three holy soldiers with good armor and wielding deadly comet halberds. They've yet to lose or get injured again and are going from win to win.

Only the Faithful!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 05:02:51 AM by Baron von Klatz »

Offline Silver Wolf

• Members
  • I see lead people.
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 10:51:57 AM »
Well if you come across Gutentag's Heartcarvers lead by none other than ferocious Captain von Gutentag, that's my warband. :P
"Watch the skies, traveler."
Check out my wargaming blog - The Forge of War

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 01:00:41 PM »
These names are riddiculous. :biggriin:

I like the game a lot, but it staggers horribly on my phone. :icon_confused:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 02:13:15 PM »
The robbing thing is annoying.  I've yet to rob anybody of their stuff but have gotten all of my gear from an individual repeatedly taken.  Has anybody been on the successful end of a thieving incident?

not together.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 04:13:34 PM »
It might be a rare item thing because I did steal a Talabheim knife. (And lord knows I've gotten robbed every time I had rare items equipped like a elven sword)

Edit: Oh darn it, the best guy on my Baron's Blades team just died. He had double attacks along with frenzy. :-( Stupid archers.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:53:49 PM by Baron von Klatz »