home

Author Topic: The weapons and armour thread  (Read 36573 times)

Offline Syphon

• Members
Re: The weapons and armour thread
« Reply #675 on: April 13, 2021, 05:00:30 PM »
I just want a gorget to safeguard myself from mosquitos!
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #676 on: June 09, 2021, 03:00:28 PM »
How'd ya like to have one of these?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq47OdyR7CI

And about a minute and a half in is seen the kickback from the side. :icon_eek:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #677 on: June 11, 2021, 02:47:32 AM »
How'd ya like to have one of these?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq47OdyR7CI

I much prefer something like this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KXPYCcCkKj8
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #678 on: June 12, 2021, 10:32:09 AM »

I much prefer something like this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KXPYCcCkKj8

Tia a nice little cannon. I can aee how carrying that around the jungle would be fun

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #679 on: February 01, 2022, 06:50:26 PM »
Is it crazy that I want one of these?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NuDb0yyj8FU

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #680 on: November 03, 2022, 09:02:58 PM »
I know this thread is old but at lunch today I picked up a Springfield Hellion, which is the import version of the VHS-2. Been wanting one since the day I first saw them.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/hellion-series/hellion-rifles/hellion-556-rifle/

So stoked.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #681 on: December 01, 2022, 11:12:55 AM »
I know this thread is old but at lunch today I picked up a Springfield Hellion, which is the import version of the VHS-2. Been wanting one since the day I first saw them.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/hellion-series/hellion-rifles/hellion-556-rifle/

So stoked.

I RETURN! (Even have a new avatar!)

And I am envious, can't get a gun like that here anymore or you won't be able too soon anyway.

I picked up an IZJ 18. Old Soviet single shot shotgun made in the USSR. 16 gauge (the purple cartridges), as 12 & 10 gauge have been thrown in too a legal grey zone.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 11:22:37 AM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #682 on: December 01, 2022, 11:51:00 AM »
Good to have you back, and I like the hunter avatar. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

So the 16 gauge has more pellets per bullet?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 11:54:52 AM by GamesPoet »

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #683 on: December 01, 2022, 12:24:29 PM »
Good to have you back, and I like the hunter avatar. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

So the 16 gauge has more pellets per bullet?

No numbers work in reverse for shotguns. The smaller the number, the larger the cartridge. Basically it's a measurement of the width of the bore to the pound of lead. For example if you were to melt down a pound of lead in to ten equal size spheres, the size of a shotguns bore, you would have a 10 gauge.

That being said, 16 is still plenty decent. But it's a bit old school, meaning there are fewer ammunition options.

As for the hunting avatar, it's advertising bear hunting in the USSR.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #684 on: December 05, 2022, 04:30:19 PM »
Just an update about the situation here in Canada.

Yes handguns are still being banned, but so are rifles and shotguns that can fire cartridges with an energy over 10,000 joules. Rifles such as the Ruger No1 and Weatherby MkV.

Also most (if not all) semi-auto guns with detachable box magazines (and even some that don't) are also being banned.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #685 on: December 07, 2022, 09:44:34 AM »
Are guns grandfathered?
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #686 on: December 07, 2022, 10:02:30 AM »
Are guns grandfathered?

Depends. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. This time around it appears to be a no.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #687 on: December 07, 2022, 10:16:05 AM »
Also this part of C-21 might come in to force which is absolutely bonkers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSYmU74Ylps

As I commented on the video, this isn't really surprising when you think about it. JT and his party have been trying to further turn Canada in to a sterile, "polite", "civilized" and "not American" society for years.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #688 on: December 07, 2022, 12:13:59 PM »
Starting to seem like overkill on the gun laws in Canada, although I don't really have a full sense of it.

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #689 on: December 07, 2022, 02:21:41 PM »
And I am envious, can't get a gun like that here anymore or you won't be able too soon anyway.

Yeah its pretty sweet. I have an HK P30 V3 too and absolutely love that.

Just an update about the situation here in Canada.

I was just coming here to post about this and see what Canadians on here think of this. I hear they might give the SKS a pass since so many, especially people of the first nations  :icon_rolleyes:, have them.

I know this is a Canadian issue, so I don't want to project my opinion too much here since I don't live there, but here we are again, a liberal government punishing the wrong people for gun violence. And guess what? Whatever criminals you have over there are still going to get access to guns coming over the border. Now all you are doing is making it harder for people, especially in rural areas, to defend themselves.

But hey, you get what you vote for.

Ironically Trudeau is surrounded by armed guards. Typical of liberal elites telling others you have to live one way while they live another.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #690 on: December 07, 2022, 04:05:42 PM »
Starting to seem like overkill on the gun laws in Canada, although I don't really have a full sense of it.

Oh this is just the start. We will be down to manual operation smoothbore (that is shotguns) by 2030, I'd bet. The like the Cypriots and Japanese.

I was just coming here to post about this and see what Canadians on here think of this. I hear they might give the SKS a pass since so many, especially people of the first nations  :icon_rolleyes:, have them.

Oh the sks getting banned by name, no exceptions. As is the M1 Garand.

And to be clear, the fact that there are so many sks rifles in the hands of indigenous individuals, is all the more reason to ban them as far as the vast majority of Canadians are concerned. Heck, there are cops in my hometown who still refer to first nations folks as savages. I'm sure they are absolutely ecstatic about this.

I know this is a Canadian issue, so I don't want to project my opinion too much here since I don't live there, but here we are again, a liberal government punishing the wrong people for gun violence. And guess what? Whatever criminals you have over there are still going to get access to guns coming over the border. Now all you are doing is making it harder for people, especially in rural areas, to defend themselves.

But hey, you get what you vote for.

Ironically Trudeau is surrounded by armed guards. Typical of liberal elites telling others you have to live one way while they live another.

Canadians absolutely want this. You have to remember that Canada is a wierd fusion of mobocracy (that is majoritarian "democracy") and plutonomy (that is corporate rule). Speaking of indigenous peoples. In the 70's a group of folks stood up against our corporate government's seizure of their land.

These folks called themselves the Mohawk Warriors...

... and they armed themselves with SKS rifles.

Seeing the pattern yet?

Canada is/founded on authoritarian corporate rule, stretching all the way back to the HBC and NWC. We are just one big company town with a national script, call our currency "monopoly money" is far more apt than people realize. They take what they want, when they want. It's been this way for over 200 years and the ain't going to stop now.

And the sad truth is Canadians are fine with it.

To hard core gun control advocates (That is fanatics. I am not talking about people in favor of moderate or light controls here mind you), there is no difference between licensed firearms holders and criminals. At least this is what I keep hearing from Canadian gun control advocates. Which happens to be the vast majority of Canadians. 

By their logic, gun enthusiasts are all just as dangerous as criminals or are in actuality all latent criminals waiting to strike. Disregarding out individual personalities, motivation and circumstances, writing us all off as psychologically damaged or dangerous by default. Moral and ethical deviants.

Because the only people who own firearms are crazies apparently.

(That is not to say that that the hard-core pro-guners don't have their own fanatics of course, they do and they are just as bad.)

This just been reinforced by the years of propaganda young people have been bombarded with since birth for the past 40 years or so. We are a "civilized society" they say. We are not "Americans" they say, even though we are basically the same people (don't say this to a Canadian's face though). Just like the Austrians, Germans and Swiss (don't say that to their faces either).

Patriotism and Nationalism at it's finest. 

« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 04:08:03 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #691 on: December 07, 2022, 04:35:20 PM »
If you were an island then I might say ok good luck with your utopia, but you share a border with a country with a ton of guns. I just don’t see how Canada is going to be able to keep them from elements that really want them. I don’t know the laws of the states along the border but in Florida there is no registry on who owns what and no required process for transfers. If anyone in law enforcement asks me about a gun I might have owned and no longer do, all I have to say is I sold it through a private sale. So I can see a lot of that going along the border if those states have similar laws.

And not saying that trafficking guns over the border isn’t illegal, I am just saying if you can find someone who will sell you a gun that doesn’t have to be registered then I see a market for smuggling.

I swear between covid and this Canada doesn’t seem far off from China.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 04:38:42 PM by KTG17 »

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #692 on: December 07, 2022, 04:59:23 PM »
1. Canada ain't no utopia, nor is Canada ever going to be.

2. To actually combat the illegal arms trade, Canada would have to crack down on our law enforcement laziness and apathy. While simultaneously cracking down on the border, perhaps even banning some Americans from states known to be gun smuggling hot sports (such as Florida and Ohio) from entering the country. Neither of which are politically expedient.

3. Of course. China (that is the PRC) is a nation run by oligarchs with some wierd corporate communist ideology thing. Interests align. 

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #693 on: December 07, 2022, 06:18:13 PM »
Everything else aside, the United States is in a terrible state due to its gun policy.  We’ve become entrenched along the extremist lines that f having no guns and having full access to guns and a culture that celebrates vigilantism.  If Canada can take steps to avoid this path, I think it’s a good idea to do so.
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #694 on: December 07, 2022, 06:59:30 PM »
Canada would have to crack down on our law enforcement laziness and apathy.

haha

While simultaneously cracking down on the border, perhaps even banning some Americans from states known to be gun smuggling hot sports (such as Florida and Ohio) from entering the country.

Well, I don't mean Americans from Florida delivering guns to Canada, I mean parties meeting anywhere along the massive and unsupervised border and just making the exchange from the trunk of a car. Its 5,525 miles long!

Edit: Okay I just checked North Dakota transfer laws. They also do not have weapon registration, nor require info on a private sale. So if two parties wanted to meet in the woods at the border between Hoffer and Fortuna and smuggle guns into Canada they could. On the US side, if law enforcement wanted to follow up on a weapon purchase the US citizen would just state he made a private sale of the item. Of course he would obviously be breaking the law, but it would still be difficult to track what happened to the weapon until it turned up in Canada, and even then the US buyer could plead ignorance.

I am sure this is how Mexico gets most of its weapons since most models are banned and yet this does nothing to slow down all the gang and cartel action down there.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 07:13:52 PM by KTG17 »

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #695 on: December 07, 2022, 08:17:57 PM »
Everything else aside, the United States is in a terrible state due to its gun policy.  We’ve become entrenched along the extremist lines that f having no guns and having full access to guns and a culture that celebrates vigilantism.  If Canada can take steps to avoid this path, I think it’s a good idea to do so.

To late for that. It's been the extremists pet playground argument for about 33 years now.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #696 on: December 08, 2022, 12:34:40 AM »
As long as Dwi has been alive! :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

:engel:

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #697 on: December 09, 2022, 01:16:30 PM »

While simultaneously cracking down on the border, perhaps even banning some Americans from states known to be gun smuggling hot sports (such as Florida and Ohio) from entering the country.

Well, I don't mean Americans from Florida delivering guns to Canada

Actually that seems to be what is exactly happening. Gun dealers down south appear to be tricking, forcing, or financially enticing vulnerable people in to bringing them across. Recently there was an (I believe American) teacher to was forced in to this. Teachers are not exactly hardened criminals so...

Most of the guns recently sized in the Province of Ontario (my province) have been traced to  have started their journeys the specific States of; Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio & Texas.

Furthermore it is hypothesized that these guns were purchased from gun shows in the US, as there is minimal paperwork.

So yes, if Canada wanted to effectively crack down on gun smuggling, Americans from these States would have to be banned from entering the country. This of course, is not politically expediant. Not to mention unfair.

Granted, it would only be a temporary fix. As in order for the issue to be stemmed (you can completely stop something like this), the border would have to be closed permanently to Americans until the US gets it's act together. Which, as we all know, ain't going to happen anytime soon.

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #698 on: December 09, 2022, 02:21:22 PM »
Actually that seems to be what is exactly happening. Gun dealers down south appear to be tricking, forcing, or financially enticing vulnerable people in to bringing them across. Recently there was an (I believe American) teacher to was forced in to this. Teachers are not exactly hardened criminals so...

What?

Most of the guns recently sized in the Province of Ontario (my province) have been traced to  have started their journeys the specific States of; Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio & Texas.

Furthermore it is hypothesized that these guns were purchased from gun shows in the US, as there is minimal paperwork.

So yes, if Canada wanted to effectively crack down on gun smuggling, Americans from these States would have to be banned from entering the country. This of course, is not politically expediant. Not to mention unfair.

Granted, it would only be a temporary fix. As in order for the issue to be stemmed (you can completely stop something like this), the border would have to be closed permanently to Americans until the US gets it's act together. Which, as we all know, ain't going to happen anytime soon.

Captain, are you saying Floridians are driving up to Canada with a car full of guns and getting through customs? Is anyone checking the trunk while they are checking the addresses on their IDs? I don't doubt that guns can be traced to Florida, but I am sure they are changing hands before they work their way up to Canada.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #699 on: December 09, 2022, 03:07:14 PM »

What?

Captain, are you saying Floridians are driving up to Canada with a car full of guns and getting through customs? Is anyone checking the trunk while they are checking the addresses on their IDs? I don't doubt that guns can be traced to Florida, but I am sure they are changing hands before they work their way up to Canada.

This is what the gathered evidence and data says to far. I was simply summarizing what authorities (that is law enforcement) is telling us. Granted it could just be propaganda. 

As I said, our law enforcement is well known for it's laziness and apathy. People sneak by all the time because border services apparently can't be bothered to search every trunk. Heck, the Nova Scotia shooter was known, to police, was known to be violent by police, long before the shooting ever took place. In the investigation that followed, it turns out the police could have prevented it from from happening. Could have prevented the killer from smuggling in his guns.

They just couldn't be bothered.

Again this is from investigative records, data from cross border police collaboration, and detective work. Strait from the police horse's mouth. I am not suggesting, or saying anything. It's what our data says.

So how can this be? Honestly Canadian law enforcement is politically connected, they get a free ride in a lot of situations that in other countries would see them punished harshly.