home

Author Topic: The W-E At Least 3 Days Per Week Hobby Club ...  (Read 70422 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
The W-E At Least 3 Days Per Week Hobby Club ...
« on: August 10, 2020, 06:47:44 PM »
Welcome to ... The W-E At Least 3 Days Per Week Hobby Club!

As the last couple weeks concluded for the "100 Days of Hobby 2020" project here on W-E, I had been contemplating what kind of thread to create, and hopefully keep some of the hobby momentum flowing from that joint project that Artoban, Realjuan, Padre, Rowsdower, Midaski, Zygmund, SKS, Novogord, and GP did during the spring and summer of 2020.

And from one of Novogrod's posts it was mentioned he was hoping to keep it up to give himself more hobby time.  It was then that it occurred to me to have this thread where folks can join if they'd like, and keep track of doing some hobbying for at least 3 days per week.  SKS and Novogrod had signed on to do 3 days per week during the 100 Days of Hobby for 2020, and sometimes they did more.  Zygmund signed on to do 5 days per week which was also great!

The idea for this "The W-E At Least 3 Days Per Week Hobby Club" is for folks to keep track of doing hobbying at least 3 days per week.  Folks can do as much beyond the 3 days if they choose, and we will feature those folks on the list too.  However, all that folks have to do for being listed at the end of the week is a minimum of 3 days per week.  So report in as you do a day with some hobbying, we will track it, and the end of the week list we will only include those who have three days or more duirng the previous week.

Also, if you go on vacation for a week or two to go boating, canoeing, camping, fishing, golfing, hiking, kayaking or whatever your heart desires in the way of other hobbying, as long as ya do it for 3 days during your vacation, we won't kick you out of the club here either. :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

By the way ... a week goes from Sunday and across the five days of the week to Saturday.  Folks have 7 days per week to get in only 3 days of hobbying.  All ya have to do is let us know that you're joining the fun, do 3 days of hobbying per week, and post on the thread about what you've been doing on the days you've been hobbying. :icon_idea: :icon_mrgreen:

(GP ... I hope you haven't created a monster here!)

Lol ... well we shall see ...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 01:36:33 AM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
Re: The W-E At Least 3 Days Per Week Hobby Club ...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 06:54:59 PM »
It is already Monday, and although yesterday I took the day off after the "100 Days of Hobby 2020" project came to it's conclusion, I have been chomping at the bit to get started with some hobbying today.

And I have started off this project with some fluff review and revising for my home brew Empire town in Averland, and my home brew Knightly Order called "The Knights of The Aver River".  And after all these years since 2008, I have finally given the town a name ... it is called the town of Verborgenburg, meaning "hidden castle".  There is more, but I'll save that all for a fluff thread of some kind.

And there is already a wee bit of fluff on "The Knights of the Aver River" that can now be found on the "Poll" thread in the Elector's Forum on the number of Empire Knightly Orders that folks have in their collections ...

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,54780.0.html
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 07:05:06 PM by GamesPoet »

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 06:58:52 PM »
The 1st week's tally begins ...

1 Day ... GP
2 Days ...
3 Days ...
4 Days or more ...

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 07:06:12 PM »
From downtown Ottawa - I’m in.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 07:09:58 PM »
Founding Club Members so far ... those who joined the first week and must have at least three days this week to be considered founding members ... GP, Artoban, ...

... and we'll make an exception for SKS if he decides to join, since he is away this week on vacation, although might be hobbying anyway. :icon_wink: :icon_cool:

The 1st Week's Tally Begins ...

1 Day ... GP
2 Days ...
3 Days ...
4 Days or more ...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 07:18:45 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 09:23:20 PM »
3 days is A LOT because, life.

BUT - Day 1 - my son collects Space Wolves, but wants yellow marines now instead.  So we came up with Imperial Wolves chapter (Iron Fist yellow Space Wolves).  Most of it is unpainted, but he has 3 units he bought that are really well done.  So now my Indomitus Primus marines will swap 1 for 1 and suddenly I now have a small Space Wolves force instead of Howling Griffons.  sigh.  Anyways, started assembling and priming 5 man Aggressors and the Judicar.  Also 1 of the Necron Destroyers on stilts, they are badass.  Over-all I'm nervous working with the Necrons, the plastic bits are very delicate on those sculpts and my fingers/hands are not as nimble as they once were.

Tonight I'm thinking of kitbashing another Ork Madboy.  Also, apparently I need to re-paint my looted 3rd edition Landraider and retrofit it back to Imperial Wolf standard.  Kid will have to pay for that somehow he ain't getting that for free.  Oh, and I am priming a razorback/rhino for eventual yellow too. 

That's a huge busy hobby week for me.  but then I work really really really slow.
Sometimes the "Old Ones" just need to leave.....

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 10:13:16 PM »
Yes, 3 days in 7 could be tricky for some.  Compared to coming off doing 7 days a week for just over 14 weeks in a row, perhaps my view is a bit off.  Although it is ok to even just do a small bit of something to get hobbying in for a day, because this isn't intended for folks to stress about.  Instead this thread is intended for those interested in keeping hobby momentum moving forward on a regular to semi-regular basis.

Also, if someone misses a week, or only gets in a day or two, life goes on, folks can always just climb back in the next week and keep going.  We realize that sometimes it just isn't going to be possible for some folks.  There could be an emergency situation that just preclude someone from partaking in the fun, and we will understand.

- - - - - - - - - -

Updating ...

Founding Club Members so far ... those who joined the first week and must have at least three days this week to be considered founding members ... GP, Artoban, Dihenydd, ...

... and we'll make an exception for SKS if he decides to join, since he is away this week on vacation, although might be hobbying anyway. :icon_wink: :icon_cool:

1 Day ... GP, Dihenydd, Artoban
2 Days ...
3 Days ...
4 Days or more ...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 10:56:59 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2020, 10:52:53 PM »
Picked up corax white primer. Hit the shadow warriors. Finished assembling my evocators. I really like these models. My chamber includes an ally of the excelsior war priest plus 50 flagellants which gives me 2370 points. Really like the theme and a squad of 5 sequitors will round out the missing 130 points to give me my goal of 2500.
After that the warcry will give me some chaos units and when I add in the 12 Ralpartha trolls to sub as chaos trolls, they will round out as 2500 as well.
Only my elves and Tzeentch armies will remain in the wfb garb and they may stay there. I’ll see when I get that far.
New armies will be an ogre maw tribe and the new lumineth although I’m not a big fan of the beast elves. The rest are really nice sculpts.
Rambling over
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2020, 10:58:04 PM »
Sounds like our coming out of 100 Days of Hobby 2020 with momentum too.  Updated above, and congrats! :::cheers:::

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2020, 11:12:59 PM »
I'm in, if you'll have me.

I have been very busy on the hobby front tonight, to the point of needing to stop because I was going dizzy! (The heat isn't helping either.)

I have begin the process of doing the next campaign battle, but with the two players playing it remotely! I had thought there would be a delay in this as I would need to pick up figures from one player, but this is a different, simultaneous battle which used my figures on both sides! Simple!

Yesterday I made a new 'sky' (a massive polystrene sheet my neighbour let me have from some packaging, covered in an ironed blue sheet and sewn at the back!)

This evening I sorted army lists for the two players (one using a player force, the other a player volunteering to command an NPC force). I decided if I was gonna get the forces out I might as well send visual aids for the players to help them plan their deployment. The skaven (who have no machines of war for campaign reasons that will come out in the story) are to assault a much weaker force in a stone walled city (Ravola). I have set up the walls and tomorrow will send out pics of the tabletop. We're gonna try some 'techniques' in play, including character's eyes views during play, plus receiving reports from lieutenants etc.

The 'good' guys ...

(There's a story behind the multibarreled gun that will come out in the prequel story).

The Bad Guys ...

That is only part of the Skaven army, but that's the part involved in this assault. I can't say what all the others are up to!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2020, 11:20:23 PM »
Sounds awesome Padre, and of course we'll have ya. :::cheers:::

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Updating ...

Founding Club Members so far ... those who joined the first week and must have at least three days this week to be considered founding members ... GP, Artoban, Dihenydd, Padre, ...

1 Day ... GP, Dihenydd, Artoban, Padre
2 Days ...
3 Days ...
4 Days or more ...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 11:23:56 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: The W-E At Least 3 Days Per Week Hobby Thread ...
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2020, 01:31:33 AM »
How can I resist? Add me in GP, I'll throw my hat into the ring once again.

Today I build some Necron destroyers. I'm still working on Indomitus Marines, but I'm going slower because whats left is all getting heavily converted.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2020, 01:35:34 AM »
Updating ...

Founding Club Members so far ... those who joined the first week and must have at least three days this week to be considered founding members ... GP, Artoban, Dihenydd, Padre, Gankom, ...

1 Day ... GP, Dihenydd, Artoban, Padre, Gankom
2 Days ...
3 Days ...
4 Days or more ...

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2020, 09:10:28 AM »
I'm in again :-)
Even with the very hot weather, I'm doing some painting stuff.
Yesterday (monday), I continued working on some scenery.

For me the days I will prabably be able to do some hobby stuff will be Monday, Friday & Saturday.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline TaraGreen

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2020, 09:40:53 AM »
I'd love to join in as well!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2020, 09:59:56 AM »
Welcome aboard Novogrod and TaraGreen, and keep us posted! :::cheers:::

Been writing fluff this morning for my home brew Warhammer town called Verborgenburg in Averland.  Lots more to go, although having fun!

Updating ...

Founding Club Members so far ... those who joined the first week and must have at least three days this week to be considered founding members ... GP, Artoban, Dihenydd, Padre, Gankom, Novogrod, TaraGreen, ...

The 1st Week's Tally Continues ...

1 Day ... Dihenydd, Artoban, Padre, Gankom
2 Days ... GP
3 Days ...
4 Days or more ...

Offline TaraGreen

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2020, 11:55:30 AM »
Thank you, GP!

Yesterday I finally managed to continue painting a bust I had started back in February. One new layer only ... does that count?  :unsure:

Papa Smurf in February:

Yesterday:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2020, 01:26:17 PM »
Curious how that relates to the hobbying we do here, yet we'll go with it. :icon_wink:

Updating ...

Founding Club Members so far ... those who joined the first week and must have at least three days this week to be considered founding members ... GP, Artoban, Dihenydd, Padre, Gankom, Novogrod, TaraGreen, ...

1 Day ... Dihenydd, Artoban, Padre, Gankom, Tara
2 Days ... GP
3 Days ...
4 Days or more ...

Offline TaraGreen

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2020, 02:42:23 PM »
Curious how that relates to the hobbying we do here, yet we'll go with it. :icon_wink:

Happy to hear that! I do paint tabletop miniatures, but don't like to limit myself to one scale. My hobbying usually consists of a wild mixture of tabletop miniatures, busts, base-building and scenery, sometimes for painting contests, sometimes just for fun.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2020, 10:00:55 PM »
Busy this evening sending out orientation pics and LOTS of information for the upcoming e-mail controlled game.

Had to go through and modify the assault rules we use (incorporating decisions and modifications we made during the last such game). That took ages. We like to tweak the rules for the better as we proceed, and learn more about the situations that arise, the problems that crop up, or the opportunities we should really incorporate.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2020, 10:20:06 PM »

Happy to hear that! I do paint tabletop miniatures, but don't like to limit myself to one scale. My hobbying usually consists of a wild mixture of tabletop miniatures, busts, base-building and scenery, sometimes for painting contests, sometimes just for fun.

Great! Look forward to your features. 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2020, 07:19:29 AM »
I like what I see Padre! :::cheers:::

It has been very humid here.  Just got up very early and couldn't sleep.  So I pulled out all the scenery sprues from the main and initial Warcry starter box set, filled up large storage bin full of soap and water, and gave the sprues a dunking fro cleaning.  It is a small item, but it's another hobby thing in the books, and another day getting something in this week.  That is 3 out 4 days already for me. :icon_cool:

Updating ...

1 Day ... Dihenydd, Artoban, Gankom, Tara
2 Days ... Padre
3 Days ... GP
4 Days or more ...

Offline TaraGreen

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2020, 08:47:23 AM »
Here's what I painted yesterday:

Unspectacular, but solid work, I'd say. Hopefully, it'll look a lot better with a second layer.

How can I change the size of the pic? I can see all the mistakes I made too clearly.   :icon_lol:

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2020, 09:54:24 AM »
Look very good to me so far!

You could try changing the width and height numbers to exact proportion ...

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 10:04:33 AM by Padre »

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2020, 10:46:41 AM »
Did someone say Padre was a genius?   Oh ya, it was Padre😺☝️
Well I’m saying it to.
That board is awesome. Cannot wait for the battle.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020