home

Author Topic: 3rd Edition Stormcast as Thunder Warriors?  (Read 247 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Spring is still here! : )
3rd Edition Stormcast as Thunder Warriors?
« on: July 01, 2021, 12:58:05 PM »
We all know that someone dreamt up the Stormcast dudes using 40K Space Marines as inspiration.

However, it was pointed out to me recently how much the 3rd Edition Stormcast figures could pass for, and even be converted to, ... Thunder Warriors.

Thunder Warriors, you might ask? Yes, the forerunner to 40K Space Marines, so I am told.  Apparently this was the Imperium's precursor to the Space Marine bad boys.

I can see how the new armor sculpting could in fact be swapped into the pre-Horus Hersey era look.  Attach some Horus Heresy helmets, some Space Marine weapons, some mountings for space packs, some space packs, and even use some of the Stormcast cloaks and feathers.

Then paint in appropriate colors, and ... presto!  Imperium Thunder Warriors! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 01:38:25 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
Re: 3rd Edition Stormcast as Thunder Warriors?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 03:47:40 PM »
It's a neat idea and I quite like it! I've seen it sort of half discussed frequently but I'm surprised there hasnt been more serious chatter about it. I saw a guy online who tried something similiar with the first edition box set and it looked pretty good, but I agree that these latest ones would look way better for it.

Offline Jmash

• Lancashire, UK
Re: 3rd Edition Stormcast as Thunder Warriors?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 04:00:10 PM »
There's plenty of Thunder Warrior conversions already done with the older Stormcasts. They kinda just look like 1980's Space Marines that skipped leg day but love tassles! :-P

But hey, that's the style of the Thunder Warriors and all in all they're pretty cool examples and must be pretty fun to make.