home

Author Topic: The Star Wars: Obi Wan Kenobi ...  (Read 920 times)

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
The Star Wars: Obi Wan Kenobi ...
« on: March 09, 2022, 07:42:23 PM »
I wasn't interested in the Boba Fett show, so I didn't watch it. The Kenobi trailer on the other hand. I'll be watching that!

https://youtu.be/EnlOhdFZSXw
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: The Star Wars: Obi Wan Kenobi ...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 10:27:11 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing the Boba Fett series, although looking forward and hope to be able to catch the Obi Wan Kenobi series, if not in May, hopefully soon afterward.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 12:49:14 AM »
WHY hasnt Ashoka Tanno been killed off? She's survived so many near-impossible scenarios she's now a parody of John McClane

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 01:43:26 AM »
She is a fighting machine! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_lol:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022, 12:49:11 PM »
New Obi-wan Kenobi trailer ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yh_6_zItPU

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2022, 02:54:17 AM »
Episodes 1 and 2 came out today. They were great. I am a bit confused on the ending of episode 2 considering what I know about the Inquisitors from Rebels.
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2022, 02:45:53 PM »
Half expecting the all-powerful Ashoka to turn up and make everyone else redundant
I'm in the minority but i HATE Ashoka more than JarJar, Rose and the Ewoks   

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2022, 04:21:02 PM »
It was fine, more consistent through the first two episodes than the Fett series was. Little Leia is both great and then terrible depending on how well the child actor is doing with the lines. What is written is good just getting it delivered is sometimes a struggle but that is the problem of putting such narrative weight on on a child actor.

Current stance is that it is better than most other live action Star Wars in the Disney era but too soon to say that for the whole series.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2022, 05:32:56 AM »
^
I was on the verge of checking it out but someone told me that there is a 'Home-alone-esque' sequence with Leia and that put me right off it.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2022, 07:45:46 PM »
there is a 'Home-alone-esque' sequence with Leia and that put me right off it.

As someone who has watched the episodes, when was there a home-alone-esque sequence?
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2022, 08:07:16 PM »
Can't say I got home alone vibes at all myself. I'm enjoying it so far with the two released episodes. its not mind blowingly awesome, but its a solid step up from how poor Boba Fett felt at times. Ewan McGregor is fantastic and I'm actually impressed with baby Leia. She has some wonky moments but thats just usual child actor stuff.

My main worry going in was how would they get Obi-Wan involved in things off planet again, because I am pretty sick of how many series are happening on desert planets right now. But I like how they did it so far. Its believable, especially Obi-Wan's reaction to it, and fits with the universe and much of the previous now non-canon lore I feel.

As a fan of Rebels I was also surprised by the second ending, but I'm pretty confident the next episode is going to clear that up. There's a lot of different things that could be involved there.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2022, 09:41:31 AM »
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2022, 11:43:21 AM »
Folks forget how the original movie looked, and are too critical of the current.  Its sci-fi meets fantasy, not star trek realism.

I learned from Steve B to appreciate fantasy and life more, and not get so hung up on the some of details.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2022, 08:11:31 PM »
Folks forget how the original movie looked

The sequels and prequels both were better shot than this, the linked scene looks like a video game cut scene from 2002.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2022, 01:28:25 PM »
A line from the original movie was 'I'm getting too old for this sort of thing' implies he went on missions for the Rebellion.
That said, i cant see how far the writers are going with it.
Ten internet bucks says the writers shoe horn Baby Yoda into it

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2022, 03:11:46 AM »
Well, I for one am having a blast. Episode 3 was good and I have a feeling I know (based on the monomyth) what, or who, may show up in the next episode. My guess is Qui-gon

There were moments in episode 3 that seemed rather terrifying.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2022, 09:13:06 PM »
I'm also having a good time. Its still not amazing, but much better then Boba Fett was. I'm just enjoying some fun star wars stuff.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2022, 12:47:17 PM »
Well, I for one am having a blast. Episode 3 was good and I have a feeling I know (based on the monomyth) what, or who, may show up in the next episode. My guess is Qui-gon

There were moments in episode 3 that seemed rather terrifying.

I quoted, then saw your little text, and I do agree.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2022, 01:37:13 PM »
Just watched episode 5 and I am quite enjoying it.

Spoiler Opinion: I do feel like the should have let Reva die though. The holo voicemail from Bail was a really weak plot device though.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2022, 02:59:26 AM »
I just finished and wow. I loved it. I was not expecting what happened with Reva, but the whole episode was great and the endings all were perfect. I think episode 6 is more or less what fans wanted as a Kenobi show since the conclusion of Revenge of the Sith.

The final duel with Vader was awesome, like a true jedi fight, using lightsabers, force powers, techniques, and emotion. The scene with Vader's mask ripped open and his lines were the nail int he coffin for their story and it was beautiful. I loved that he got to meet Luke with Owen's approval, the defense of the farmstead, the tear jerking moment with Leia about who her parents were, just all of it was great. And Reva's breakdown at the end was great. She just couldn't bring herself to kill a child. She just couldn't understand why Anakin could. And Obi-Wan being there to console her, like a real Jedi Master, was just great. And finally, Qui-Gon Jin showed up.

I know people will nitpick the entire 6 episode series apart, but in all honesty, I loved this series. The final episode was wonderful. :eusa_clap:

― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2022, 10:58:59 AM »
Couldn't imagine with McGregor involved that it wouldn't go at least decently.  I look forward to seeing it at some point.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2022, 05:44:56 PM »
Last episode was certainly one of the best in the season. I have more then a few nitpicks, but honestly most of that isn't even with the show but more with current trends when it comes to streaming/miniseries/plot writings. And even then i still really enjoyed the show, much more then I did the Fett show. It didn't hook me as much as Mandalorian did, but I'm glad they managed to be decent.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2022, 11:54:03 AM »
Agree. Fett was disjointed due to all the flashbacks, and pigeonholed 2 episodes of the Mandalorian into it. Hope if they do another season its better than that.
Regarding Obi Wan - yeah, some dumb plot choices that could have been done much better, but also some really really good stuff. I enjoyed it for the most part, and could also see my daughter in Leia which was cool.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2022, 01:16:03 PM »
The other day, i saw  'Muddy' Mandelorian action figure. It reminded me of Shawshank redemption

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2022, 01:32:37 PM »
Thats not mud.