home

Author Topic: Beating the Rat  (Read 3954 times)

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Beating the Rat
« on: November 21, 2003, 09:41:09 PM »
A follow-up to Steve "Queek" Houghton's excellent article about the Skaven race.  There is no one that hates Skaven worse than Scott Z. aka "IH8Skaven" read his excellent appendix at the end of the article. It  can be read here:

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/war_rat1.htm
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

Offline queek

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Beating the Rat
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 10:37:40 PM »
rock!

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
Beating the Rat
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 12:01:45 AM »
Very very good! A few minor spelling mistakes in there but what the hey, that's not what the article is about. Together with queek's article this is a very thorough piece of information that Empire players should memorize.

Thanks for the addition!
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Beating the Rat
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2003, 01:07:55 AM »
I think I have the spelling errors all fixed :oops: I wrote this thing over several months of starting and stopping.  Probably didn't proofread it enough.  

Randy
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
Beating the Rat
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 04:49:09 AM »
Randy you have me beaming with Pride.  I'm all teary eyed over such a solid addition to the site.  

Grutch

Offline Gator

• Members
Beating the Rat
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2003, 07:43:04 AM »
I wish I had this read this yesterday.  I got stomped on by some skryre ratboys.

My riderless pegasus did take out most of his jezzails though and ran a couple units off the board.  

Some very nice ideas in there that I will be trying out in a couple weeks when I play him again.
Totenheim! Totenheim! Uber Alles!

Offline jedimaster

• Members
Beating the Rat
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2004, 05:24:30 PM »
THE WAR RAT ARTICLE IS VERY GOOD

I THINK THAT I HATE SKAVEN FAR MORE THAN ANYONE

PERHAPS SHOULD WE CREATE AN ANTI-SKAVEN CLUB (THE SKAVEN SLAYER)
I apologise for my poor english

Offline queek

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Beating the Rat
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2004, 06:14:58 PM »
talk to IH8Skaven.

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Beating the Rat
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2004, 07:37:43 PM »
Glad ya'll like it (Southern Lingo)!  Queen helped out a lot by giving us a nice Skaven overview.  That way we didn't have to write that first.  For a long time, I never lost to Skaven.  Then a really good Skaven player moved into Knoxville, and I was getting handled pretty well. It wasn't the shooting so much, but the danged bell!  Plus the fact that Brad is a very good player!  I've had my moments as well, but I like playing against them for the challenge.

Offline IH8Skaven

• Members
Beating the Rat
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2004, 03:01:29 AM »
Wow.  How quaint and dated my appendix has become.  Almost all of those tactics have been trumped one way or another.  For those learning how to beat the rat.  Pay close attention to everything prior to the appendix. :)

OT Let me just say a quick 'Death to Worl of Men' as I get my DE host ready for Michicon on Saturday.  For a lark, my usual opponent and I swapped armies for the next tourney.  In the primer game we had tonight.  He managed four misfires out of five barrel shots with the hellblaster before it blew itself apart. :P

I will be taking my newly painted dwarfs to Detroit's first GT.  

It only took 2 years of almost non-stop Empire play (2-4 games per week) to finally get a little burned out.

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Beating the Rat
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2004, 04:03:49 AM »
Wow, this is an old thread!  I understand needing a break, I've got some of my Empire armies down to a science, and frankly I get bored.  I'm collecting Chaos, Weeds, and I played Dwarves for our summer league.

Offline xnet445

• Members
Beating the Rat
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2004, 10:50:04 AM »
Chaos and Weeds?  :shock:

This is serious
Quote from: sawgunner101
(these rumors are) like getting a free candy bar, but only if you let somebody kick you in the nuts first.
[/quote