home

Author Topic: 9th and FINAL Round  (Read 7173 times)

Offline Erken

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2005, 08:19:49 AM »
I think we should try and contest Brustenbruck i dont think we have what it takes to contest Bechafen, it seems like the Talas are posting all they got over there.

We might be able to get 14000 to post at brustenbruck
I and rorrak has together 5050 points for starters.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2005, 10:10:29 AM »
Well as of Rorrak's latest update we would need 28000 + 1 point to contest Bechafen now............

and they still may have more points to come.

Brustenbruck would be easier, and I suppose we could claim that tactically we are encircling them in Bechafen, so in future rounds we would have trapped and conquered anyway...........

:wink:

I don't mind really - I agree Bechafen is probably impossible, but would be the most appropriate for the last round.

It might be interesting to contest Brustenbruck .............. :?:

Let's just vote and agree and then we can post up tomorrow, or today if necessary because you are going off enjoying yourself for the weekend.

:-D  :wink:  :lol:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Rorrak

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2005, 10:49:29 AM »
If T-Land wanted to they could slam dunk us at Fort Grigory :)

I highly doubt we can influence Bechafen right now, T-Land have found another strong round to post.

I'm not sure what good taking Brustenback to contested would do.

T-Land has. Waldschmid,Udos,Brusten,Rhya's, Bech (5)

We have Fort-G,Rakhov,The Uneasy,KaltenBach (4)

Thus if we did contest Brustenback we would both have 4.5 but T-Land would have the prize city as well.

The thing is that if we could find the points for Bechafen to at least contest it we would draw on 4 territories each.

I still vote Bechafen. I will check back before I fly out and put my battles where ever we have decided by that time.

Offline Erken

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2005, 11:57:17 AM »
Yeah  your probably right there rorrak contesting brustenbruck wont draw us scince they got bechafen.

I thought that if we would have 4 and they 4 territories and we  have more points  than  them in the last one (brustenbruck) we would be sort of higher but i guess bechafen will tillt it in their favor.

So my vote goes for a glorious defeat at the walls of bechafen

Offline rha celt

• Members
Tuff call
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2005, 12:21:39 PM »
The amount of points we need at bechafen continues to grow. I have two massacres and two solids right now and hope to add more tonight. I will be able to post the most points I have in any round but it still will not make any difference at Bechafen. Brustenbruck on the other hand is within our reach. I know it will not win the campaign for us but it will tighten up the race. We would each have 4.5 areas verses them with 5 and us with 4 as it will be if we launch all our attacks against Bechafen. Sometimes you have to go for a draw. I will follow your lead but this is my feelings on the matter.
When in doubt attack, hey sometimes it works

Offline Rorrak

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2005, 01:23:38 PM »
Ok, Well no vote really is in. I'm going to take the general feel as Brustenbach is doable and post there. Flying out in 30 mins so must post now . Good luck.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2005, 01:40:24 PM »
Ok so Brustenbruck it is then.

Actually Rorrak that is a good tactical spot - they could have had a go at Fort Grigory through controlling Bechafen.

Have they spotted it and chosen not to, or have they not seen the opportunity.

I have 2 battles at the moment, and 2 to play tonight [I've told my opponents it's the last round so they HAVE to play Empire], - now I need to look at the Brustenbruck scenarios...............

and so I will post mine tomorrow.

I see I have still not had a proper answer to the 'Bechafen Scenario' question I posted during Round 8 ............
............. despite a couple of 'attempts' by the Talas to explain there version, I still do not see how you measure the strength of the scenario victory, despite much reading of BRB.

:?:  :wink:

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2005, 08:30:53 PM »
We could probably talk the Strlanders into posting at Udo's Fall. They don't want Talabecland to win just as much as us (take a look at the pre campaign smack talk threads). All it would take would be a skilled writer to post something pretty straight-forward in the community forum, the Stirlanders in their ignorance would probably pitch in. I'd do it but I'm a horrible writer...
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2005, 10:03:58 PM »
Quote from: Midaski

Actually Rorrak that is a good tactical spot - they could have had a go at Fort Grigory through controlling Bechafen.

Have they spotted it and chosen not to, or have they not seen the opportunity.

How strange - Rorrak posts I reply and suddenly we have battles being reported to Fort Grigory.

and we have Campaign Team members posting 6 battles in a 4 day round, so obviously it's NOT a ONE battle per Day round folks............

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2005, 12:37:20 AM »
Well, post as many as you want but I will only be taking four from each person.

Rufus has apparently made a miscalculation somewhere.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2005, 09:46:09 AM »
Oh, is that a rule? Sorry. :oops:

I was only posting because there are almost no Stirlanders left.

edit: fixed!

edit edit: I'm not the only one posting excess reports!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2005, 01:14:03 PM »
I keep a list of names on my desk while I count it all up, so I should be able to pick these people out as I go along.

Also people can post one normal report and one skirmish per day, so it is possible to post more than one per day, just not more than one “regular” battle.
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2005, 01:23:46 PM »
Of course what the Talas haven't realised with Fort Grigory is that they have to match/beat the combined totals of us and Stirland there.........

ie. have 50%+ of the totals - so their target is 24050 + 1 not our 13650 score -

a cunning ploy by Rorrak and I arranged by email just to check  :!:

so they have posted a lot of points there with no advantage.

suckers.......................

Brustenbruck is still the target.

Offline rha celt

• Members
Best I could do
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2005, 02:29:54 PM »
I just posted the last of my reports. I tried all night to get one more massacre but alas no luck. I was able to add a couple against empire because I was just using 1500 points so I could let my neighbor use the rest of my empire army. Over all, win or lose, great job every body. I have played more games in the last 6 weeks than I have in the last year. This campaign has rejuvenated some old gamers and for that I say a big thankyou.
When in doubt attack, hey sometimes it works

Offline LizardKing

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2005, 03:15:56 PM »
I just posted a massacre V Empire with our list to brustenbruck....hope it helps. Well fouight everyone.

-Pete
-kill 'em all, let ULRIC sort 'em out

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2005, 03:36:15 PM »
It does LizardKing.

I am not sure if the Talas have much left to post - some of their guys have used their 4 posts and some haven't.................

I have tried to update Rorrak's Standings Thread as best I can and I think we are in front now at Brustenbruck by 1900 points.

Let's just keep stuff going to Brustenbruck for now - if there is anyone on our side still out there with stuff to post.

JMAN if you read this - have you seen your email note above!!!

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2005, 04:17:24 PM »
The post about contacting the Stirlanders? What about it, if it was the grammar my mother needed to us the phone so I had to rush it. I went back and fixed it shortly before you posted. If it's about my E-Mail I fixed that awhile ago, I had it set to "aol" rather than "yahoo".
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline Guvnor

• Members
  • I'm just north of London
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2005, 05:04:02 PM »
Okay have a solid against tala, used list and scenarios, where does it go???
Oh and a minor, undead.
I have 5 mins so if there is no reply i'll go to brustenbruck!  :-D

EDIT: Have now posted don't worry.

Hope 4 the best!:):):):)
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2005, 11:05:37 PM »
@Jman - yes, it was your email address - I wasn't sure if you'd fixed it?

@Guvnor - Perfect, staved off a late rally by the Talas - I make it 18950 for us and 16650  to them, so we are now 2300 ahead..........

...now where the hell is the 'tallyman' when you need him???
 :wink:  :wink:

Offline Guvnor

• Members
  • I'm just north of London
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2005, 02:51:59 PM »
Cheers, I thought i might be a bit late there, didn't know what time calvin was on. Hey it looks good! :-D
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!

Offline Middenland_is_Okay

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2005, 03:13:18 PM »
Midaski, did you say you planned that by email? Did not G. Helstrom say the campaign planning must be conducted entirely on these boards? If not, I apologize, but I thought we were only allowed to remind people of the campaign by email, and nothing else.
I make no sense, and I don't care!!

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2005, 03:19:52 PM »
I don’t see the harm in emailing someone on your own team…

The ban is on fraternizing with the enemy ;-)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2005, 04:01:15 PM »
Quote from: Middenland_is_Okay
Midaski, did you say you planned that by email? Did not G. Helstrom say the campaign planning must be conducted entirely on these boards? If not, I apologize, but I thought we were only allowed to remind people of the campaign by email, and nothing else.

As I understood it there was to be no emailing the enemy.

So there could not be the 'alliances' that Stirland kept insinuating were happening.

Emailing our own 'troops' who were signed up to our faction was I believe perfectly acceptable, and I sent a few 'where are you' email circulars around, which actually got some responses and a few reports we may not have got.

One of the advantages of my being a Mod, is that I could look at the signed up members for EACH faction in the usergroups section.

We had 48 signed up members in the end - 9 of which have ZERO posts.

Stirland had 42, with 4 Zero posters, and the Talas had 23 members with only 1 Zero post member.
With Zero posts there was no way for me as a mod to email them, [only Admins can access those emails] so it was impossible to get them involved, see if they were intending to get involved but had stopped waiting for things to get going, or check who they might be.

Offline Middenland_is_Okay

• Members
9th and FINAL Round
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2005, 04:41:24 PM »
Ok, just checking, I got confused.
I make no sense, and I don't care!!