home

Author Topic: Tactical Decision Game 2.0 The Beginning!  (Read 29639 times)

Offline grifter

• Members
Re: Tactical Decision Game 2.0 The Beginning!
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2012, 05:27:42 PM »
Ok, here goes:

List 1: #6 I like that it´s all cavalry. Not so much that it only has 1 Priest. Also, I´m just not that fond of GW Knights, giving up that 1+ just isn´t worth it imho.

List 2: #11 Is it heresy to vote against the Emperor himself? The list seems a bit all over the place, and I don´t like the equipment on the characters (well, except for KF oc  :-D ). I like that you´ve found room for a Luminark though, as both wagons are sadly lacking from all other lists, mine included.   :-(

List 3: #10 Again, this list seems a bit all over the place to me. Luthor Huss is tha man though!

List 4: #2 Love it! Captasi, 2 Stanks, 2 units of Demigriffs. Whats not to love? The only thing that bothers me is that the Knight units seem small to fit all the cool toys.

List 5: #1 Duh.

List 6: #4 A terrifying list no doubt, but a bit cookie-cutter. No wonder if it´s your standard list, you´d want something that includes all the nice toys and can take all comers.

List 7: #5 A Captasus, Luthor, and all the other nice things. The magic items are a bit dodgy though, such as no magic weapon on the Captasus, a CoC on a WP (can you say "painting a bullseye on an already heavily targeted head") and the Knight units seem small to me.

List 8: #8 I like the Griffon and would like to see one in action, but VC and Demons are definitly the wrong targets to try it out on. Also, 2 lvl 2´s instead of a lvl 4? Thanks, both no thanks.

List 9: #12 Like i said I don´t like GW knights; not the biggest fan of Swordsmen either, or the lore of fire for that matter. And a lonely cannon? Meh. "If something is worth taking, it´s worth taking twice."

List 10: #3 a tough as hell all cavalry list. Yup, why not?

List 11: #9 I like the Captasi, but not so much the lone lvl 2 fire mage. The rest of the list doesn´t really excite me either.

List 12: #7 Another tough as hell list. Just doesn´t excite me as much as others do though for some reason.

Let me close with saying that I think everyone did an awesome job on their lists and I´m excited for TDG 2.0!

Whoo!

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2012, 06:06:06 PM »
1.  #5
2.  #12
3.  #10
4.  #3
5.  #7
6.  #4
7.  #1  -  This has my top spot for several reasons.  I really like having 2 Stanks, the TGM is my choice for general, L. Huss is always great, the knights seem to be spread out nicely, good art. support, and Fandir's argument for Lore of Beasts intrigued me.
8.  #9
9.  #11
10.  #2  -  I like the even spread of strong units.  Not sold on the Lore of Heavens, that's what bumped this list to my #2.
11.  #6
12.  #8

Offline Holy Hand Grenade

• Members
  • Never leave the Province without it...
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2012, 08:39:29 PM »
Come on you internet lurkers...burn up your keyboard and do some voting!

At the very least, we are going to keep it open for voting for the people who posted lists-  such as Graz, Friar, Sammay, Zak, and George.

----------------------------

On a side note-
I appreciate everyone being civil during these TDGs.  So far we haven't had any flame-wars or rudeness-  I appreciate it!    :::cheers:::

If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

HHG's TDG/TEG Dice Tracker

Offline grifter

• Members
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2012, 09:28:01 PM »
Come on you internet lurkers...burn up your keyboard and do some voting!

At the very least, we are going to keep it open for voting for the people who posted lists-  such as Graz, Friar, Sammay, Zak, and George.

----------------------------

On a side note-
I appreciate everyone being civil during these TDGs.  So far we haven't had any flame-wars or rudeness-  I appreciate it!    :::cheers:::

Well, your momma is so stupid, she needs to take a leadership test every turn to keep from...oh, wait, you said you appreciated people being civil...  :biggriin:

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2012, 09:29:54 PM »
Your momma is so fat she is based on the arachnarork spiders base.

Offline Dnic

• Members
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2012, 09:56:42 PM »
9. # 2

My vote is set, for what I think would be fun / educational to see in action.   :smile2:

Offline Friar Metick

• Members
  • Talks with hammer!
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2012, 10:18:18 PM »
My picks:

List # = Rank #

1   =   6
     2   =   5
     3   =   8
     4   =   4
     5   =   3
     6   =   1
     7   =   2
     8   =   12
     9   =   10
    10  =   7
    11  =   11
    12  =   9
Blessed be those who game.

Friar Metick

Offline George

• Members
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2012, 10:23:50 PM »
Here's my votes.
Despite 3 of my top 4 choices having 2 STanks I do wonder about the use of 2 STanks for a TDG mean we just end up playing a point a click list?
Overall I like a list that has some tactical elements in the movement phase so that has had an impact on my voting,
I'll try to comment on everyone's lists as I've found the feedback on mine helpful...my comments on the lists may not reflect why I voted for some armies over others.

List 1 #7  I didn't mind this list, not a huge fan of pistoliers/outriders, but liked that they provided the manouver elements
List 2 #9  Not sure Karl franz is suited to 2.5k games, also the GS seem a little isolated.
List 3 #6  List is ok, I'd happily play it.
List 4 #1  I like the idea of double pegasus and this looks like a more mobile hard version of my list
List 5 #8  the units of knights are too big for my taste, but it certainly would hit hard
List 6 #3 this is actually 1 of my favourite lists, I think the hellblasters may spend half the time walking looking to be in range of something...if they were cannons this list would have been my no. 1
List 7 #2  This list has a lot that I like about it, I'm not sold on beasts for the magic.
List 8 #11  this has a lot of manouver elements, but I'm not sure which ones to hit the opponent with.
List 9 #12  too many pisoliers and outriders for me, not sure the sords are needed.
List 10 #4  I'm not just sucking up to HHG here....the list has a lot of the elements I like
List 11 #5  hey its mine! I think I want some demis in here...maybe instead of the STank
List 12 #10  this looks like it can hit hard, but just didn't feel right to me
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

• Members
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2012, 10:29:46 PM »
I think my army builder has  made a minor mistake my TGM seems to be more expensive than the one of the others if this is correct the priest with the crown has the enchanted shield instead of a regular one for a 1+ save.

Offline Grazhnakk

• Members
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2012, 11:44:08 PM »
1 - #1 (My list, it's a pet project and I'd love to see what everyone does with it)
2 - #8
3 -  #3 - similar build to mine. Light is a great synergy w/knights
4 -  #5 - 2x pegs!
5 - #4
6 - #10
7 -  #6
8 - #12
9 - #2 - I like a lot of small fast cav units
10 - #7
11 - #11
12 - #9

Offline Wojownik

• Members
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2012, 06:56:30 AM »
1.  #6
2.  #7
3.  #5
4.  #1
5.  #8
6.  #11
7.  #4
8.  #12
9.  #10
10.  #3
11.  #2
12.  #9
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:44:06 AM by Wojownik »
Sir, next time I'm in the pub, I'll drink my whiskey in honor of you.

• Members
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2012, 09:25:02 AM »
The voting system is so mind boggling I have no idea who is ahead right now.

:mellow:

• Members
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2012, 09:35:23 AM »
 8-)

Part of the reason I did it this way... unless you create a spreadsheet like I did and tally up the sums, no one will feel like a "loser" because you will have no sense of which lists really scored poorly.

I am finalizing the results now and will post the results soon....and the next step moving forward.
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

• Members
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2012, 09:42:21 AM »
I think from gut feeling Sammay and my list didn´t do too bad from the voting .....can´t stand the anticipation and already looking forward to the enemies lists.

Offline Windelov

• Members
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2012, 10:25:50 AM »
My flaggelant-style exclusion of steamtanks seems to have costed though :eusa_wall:

Honestly the list wasn't meant to be that competetive, I just wanted to see how all those horsies performed  :biggriin:

• Members
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2012, 10:27:20 AM »

***Update:  Close Out of Voting

In the interest of moving things along, I am going to close out the voting.  We got all but 2 of the people who posted a list to vote-  as well as a few others.  All the lists received some love, but these are the few that rose to the top:

1           Fandir’s List            #7
2-Tied   Sammay’s List       #6
2-Tied   HHG’s List             #10
3           SevenS                    #4
4           Grifter                     #5

Since we have a tie for the number 2 slot, I have made the command decision to go with Sammay’s list instead of mine for three reasons:

--Sammay’s list differs from the other winner (Fandir’s list) in ways that will give us a better comparison/contrast for the simultaneous battles during this TDG

--I would like to promote the list creators into semi-leadership positions… and I can’t fill that role myself while I am running the TDG and concentrating on the bad guys

--Sammay hasn’t voted yet.  Based on the assumption he would vote for his own list, that puts him over the top on the vote anyway!

So, with all that being said-  congratulations to Sammay and Fandir for your excellent contributions and your lists being chosen to represent Empire in TDG 2.0!    :::cheers:::

The Next Step

Before I launch TDG 2.1 and our next set of decisions, I want to finalize our “teams” and the lists.

First off, I went through the votes and separated the voters into two groups-  ones that voted Fandir’s list higher in their spread, and ones that voted Sammay’s list higher in their spread.  Unless you tell me differently, you are going to be in the team you rated higher than the other when you voted.

Here is how it currently looks:

Fandir’s Team:  The Blue Team

Fandir (of course)
Wind
Zif
SevenS
Mott
George
Graz

Sammay’s Team:  The Green Team

Sammay (by default!)
Harsh
Noght
Grifter
Dnic
Friar
Woj

A rehash on my team member rules:

--If you are on a team, you can only vote in that team’s decisions
--If you are not on a team, you can vote in both
--Team member votes are worth 2 points
--Non-team member votes are worth 1 point
--From now on:
          --If I am talking to both teams, the text will be in black
          --If I am referring to Fandir’s Blue Team, the text will be in blue
          --If I am referring to Sammay’s Green Team, the text will be in green
--If I put you on a team, but you won’t be getting on frequently enough (every couple of days) to participate, then let me know and I will pull you off the team

If you are lurking or haven’t voted yet (like Zak) and you want to join a team, then let me know right away.

One sticking point we may have right up front:  Sammay is currently working on his dissertation and may not be available enough for me to ping if I have questions about his team.  If he indicates this is the case, I will need someone else from his team to step up and be available to do that for me (please wait to volunteer until he lets us know his situation).

--------------------------

What I want to do now while we are waiting for people to join/shift/leave teams is final list tweaking.

The way I see it, the lists will stand as is unless several team members can convince their team leader that a change needs to be made and the team leader agrees.  Please do this openly on the thread if necessary (with diplomacy and tact in the front of your mind…you are team mates for Sigmar’s sake!)

To get you prepared for TDG 2.1, I want you to start thinking about your list and its possibilities (don’t post on this yet, I just want you to start thinking about this). 

In 2.1, I am going to present you with the terrain, the scenario, and the enemy list.  What I am going to be looking for in return is several things:

--Your team’s basic strategy
--Your team’s approach (aggressive, wait-and-see, defensive, etc)
--Your team’s deployment strategy and friendly/enemy unit match-ups you are trying to achieve

:::cheers:::
HHG

• Members
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2012, 10:34:07 AM »
Huzzah! Free internet beer for team blue....so we get into the right mood.  :::cheers:::

Can someone double check my list I think there is enough space to squeeze in the enchanted shield on the Sigmar priest with the crown of command because my army builder calculated the cost of the TGM wrong (or the TGM of the others wrong).

I introduce that team blue also has to drink a shot everytime someone mentions....awww damn if only we had chosen lore of life/light instead of that stupid lore of beasts.  :engel:

• Members
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2012, 10:48:27 AM »
Can someone double check my list I think there is enough space to squeeze in the enchanted shield on the Sigmar priest with the crown of command because my army builder calculated the cost of the TGM wrong (or the TGM of the others wrong).

That is because you gave him a Lance in addition to his bad-ass Runefang.  I guarantee he left that flimsy poke stick at home....!   :wink:

Without the 7pts for a Lance, he comes in at 259.

Speaking of which Fandir, please repost your list here so members don't have to search for it.

• Members
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2012, 10:56:02 AM »
 :icon_frown:

Builder I used autoincludes it without any choice. I deleted all my reasoning and point costs and left naked equipment

Wizard Lord, Level 4 Upgrade
+  Dispell Scroll
+  Lore of the Beasts

Grand Master, Shield,
+  Runefang, The ohter Trickster's Shard
***************  3 Heroes  *************** 

Captain of the Empire
+  Lance, Full Plate Armour
+  Pegasus
+  Dawnstone, Charmed Shield
+ Battlestandard Bearer

Luthor Huss, Prophet of Sigmar

Warrior Priest
+  Steed, Barding, HEavy Armour, Enchanted Shield
+  Crown of Command,

***************  4 Core Units  *************** 

10 Archers
+ 5 Archers
+ 5 Archers

9 Knights of the Order, Lances, Inner Circle, Musician, Champion

5 Knights of the Order, Lances, Champion

5 Knights of the Order, Lances, Champion

***************  2 Elite Units  *************** 

10 Reiksguard, Musician, Standardbearer, Champion
+  Standard of Discipline

Great Cannon

***************  2 Rare Units  *************** 

Steam Tank

Steam Tank

Mean and lean I guess.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 11:24:18 AM by Fandir Nightshade »

• Members
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2012, 11:00:26 AM »
Sammay's List

13 IC Knights, Full command, Standard of Discipline
     Luthor Huss (IC Knights)
     BSB, Barding, Shield, Dawnstone (IC Knights)
     Lvl 4 Heavens, Barding, Dispel Scroll (IC Knights, row 2)

9 Reiksguard, Full command
     WP Barding, HA, Enchanted Shield (Reiksguard)

6 'nilla knights
6 'nilla knights

3 DGs
3 DGs

Hellblaster (w/Engineer)
Hellblaster (w/Engineer)

Steam Tank

We will need to finalize this list.  Not sure which units have musicians/standards....and cheap magic weapons on any of the characters?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 12:23:57 PM by Holy Hand Grenade »

Offline Windelov

• Members
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2012, 11:15:19 AM »

Grand Master, Shield,
+  Runefang, The ohter Trickster's Shard

Warrior Priest
+  Steed, Barding, HEavy Armour, Enchanted Shield
+  Crown of Command,

If these are the only changes from original list, we still got 5 points to go (by my math that is).

I checked the original list, and that was 2499. 7 points was cut by the lance, and 2 by the shield of the priest, enchanted costed us 5 so we should be at 2945, and thus there is another five for a minor magic item :icon_smile:

• Members
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2012, 11:17:07 AM »
Luckstone for the priest or cheap magical weapon....team blue time for the first decision.

Offline Bildskoene Bengtsson

• Members
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2012, 11:19:49 AM »
I'd love to join one of the teams, if it's still possible. Preferably team blue since I'd like to try a game with Lore of Beast.

• Members
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2012, 11:23:22 AM »
I'd love to join one of the teams, if it's still possible. Preferably team blue since I'd like to try a game with Lore of Beast.

Done!   :icon_cool:

Offline Soapstar

• Members
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2012, 11:28:46 AM »
HHG if it's possible id like to join team blue also