home

Author Topic: Warhammer III Total War (Kislev, Cathay, and Chaos)  (Read 5445 times)

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
Re: Warhammer III Total War (Kislev, Cathay, and Chaos)
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2021, 10:26:55 PM »
Yeah, thats why it was so surprising to see. Each one is a symbol of each chaos god. Khorne, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, and Nurgle respectively. Whats really interesting in those videos is theres a man in brown robes holding a tome in the background behind the celestial wizard. He is also the same guy at the end of the announcement trailer that goes inside the Tzarnia's tent and moves the papers around that shows Cathay on the map ad then he grins into the camera. Many are speculating he's the advisor in the game and/or the wizard that goes chaos in the original Warhammer Total War trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjzLuddjIUI

Rumors are abound on who he actually is though.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2021, 10:25:02 AM »
I think its Medivh.
Wait....
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2021, 01:24:52 PM »
As the astrolab dude says ... "There is no reason with the forces of fantasy."
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2021, 07:16:21 PM »
I think its Medivh.
Wait....

Think of the possibilites of THAT crossover.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2021, 03:01:54 PM »
Cathay Announcement trailer for Warhammer 3 total war has dropped! We also see some Tzeentch units too (since Kislev got the Khorne one).

https://youtu.be/033FWxL22A0
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2021, 03:47:05 PM »
Quite the video. :icon_eek:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2021, 04:04:56 PM »
Just to state again for those who haven't been following, they have said that the Total War crew is working with the people from The Old World project so that ascetics and themes are the same. So there's a very good chance some total war III stuff will show up in Old World. I'll be really curious if that includes a full Cathay faction, but its possible at this point.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2021, 04:05:48 PM »
Here's the full community article to with a lot more Cathay info.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/14/watch-grand-cathay-come-to-life-in-an-epic-collaboration-for-total-war-warhammer-iii/

In fact, the Warhammer Studio went so far as to establish each and every unit for use on the tabletop, including stats and special abilities.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 04:09:06 PM by Gankom »

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2021, 06:34:39 PM »
Here's the full community article to with a lot more Cathay info.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/14/watch-grand-cathay-come-to-life-in-an-epic-collaboration-for-total-war-warhammer-iii/

In fact, the Warhammer Studio went so far as to establish each and every unit for use on the tabletop, including stats and special abilities.

Would have been a lot cooler if they released the tabletop rules (for 6th, not 8th lol) for cathay along with the old world game. give us grumpy old buggers a new army to field on the best set of rules they made. I have so little faith in the rule developers now since the books for 7th came out, they haven't been able to balance greed with gameplay. So I have to stick with 6th, or 4/5th occasionally, it's still fun in it's silliness. 

Warcry is terribly boring, yahtzee with miniatures isn't my style of gaming. AoS isn't my thing either, I didn't like 40k back in the day, no matter what skin you put on it, i still don't like it lol.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2021, 10:26:49 PM »
I noticed that they said they came up with full tabletop rules, but never said for what edition. I assume for Old World myself.

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2021, 11:11:32 AM »
it says "8th edition we understand" at the bottom under the ** note.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2021, 02:35:14 PM »
cool stuff... this seems like the new table top game will be very cool
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2021, 02:36:16 PM »
So will we see Nippon, Ind, adding Slannesh, Nurgle?
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2021, 05:51:37 PM »
No word on any other human kingdoms. Cathay was confirmed in the very first trailer for WH3 so its no big surprise that they showed up. Its just the content for it that is so surprising. I am willing to bet Ogre Kingdoms will probably be around (in WH2, you can hire some Ogre Mercenaries after the latest DLC so an army of them may not be too far off) and many people are still holding out for Chaos Dwarfs. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Middenheim, Lahmia, and Nagash at some point since they have been alluded to in updates in WH2 but nothing concrete has been announced.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2021, 03:26:23 PM »

Looks like someone at CA jumped the gun on releasing the advertisements on a yet unannounced new faction in Total War 3!

The gorging horde is coming!

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/qm9iqq/uhhh_i_think_ca_or_publisher_sent_the_wrong_add/

And about 10 hours after the leak, the release the trailer!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDiskn8XwCE

Warhammer 3 comes out February 17!!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 03:31:41 PM by Feanor Fire Heart »
― Jake the Dog

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2021, 02:36:50 AM »
they are addinga lot of things in this release
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2021, 10:13:24 PM »
That Ogre song is fire.  :mrgreen:
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2022, 05:22:10 PM »
One of the groups I follow got access to a review copy of Total Warhammer III and did a big write up on it. Some interesting stuff happening there.

https://www.goonhammer.com/total-war-warhammer-iii-the-goonhammer-review/

Offline Tyvw

• Members
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2022, 09:31:05 PM »
The undivided Daemon prince lord looks interesting gameplay-wise. I never really got into the chaos factions in I & II but the new stuff looks kind of fun.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2022, 08:10:43 PM »
With the new game out, we finally have some detailed maps of Cathay.

ALSO confirmation that its going to be used for The Old World.

Cathay has been ruled by a race of immortal shape-shifting dragons for thousands of years, and it’s not a place that changes much, so this map is just as valid for the era in which Total War: Warhammer III is set as it is during the earlier period that will be explored by Warhammer: The Old World. Rest assured, scholars of Warhammer, this map works in both settings, so get studying!

Far beyond the Old World, across the Worlds Edge Mountains, the Dark Lands beyond them, and even the Mountains of Mourn, stretches the vast empire of Grand Cathay. A sprawling land of mist-shrouded mountains, endless forests, mighty rivers and magnificent cities, this is the largest realm of men in the known world. The first taste of this empire encountered by travellers (or invaders) from the west and north are the lands ruled over by the Storm Dragon Miao Ying and the Iron Dragon Zhao Ming – children of the Celestial Dragon Emperor Xen Yang.

Miao Ying defends the Great Bastion to the north, a towering wall that stretches for hundreds of miles across Grand Cathay’s northern border, from the ever-present forces of Chaos and the Hobgoblin Khanates. It is said the strength of the Storm Dragon and her innumerable armies have never faltered in their protection of the empire, thanks to the discipline of Cathay’s soldiers and the wondrous weapons produced by the artificers of Nan Gau.

In the west, Zhao Ming rules the lucrative trade city of Sang Yang, guarding the Ivory Road from the rest of the Old World. However, there’s more than the high walls of Sang Yang and the Iron Dragon’s mercenary armies keeping western Cathay safe. Stretching beyond the gates of his city is the Warpstone Desert, a cursed land forever tainted by the impact of the ancient meteor that created the Great Maw, which makes for a formidable barrier to any who would dare strike at Grand Cathay from the west.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/18/grand-cathay-is-mapped-for-the-first-time-in-warhammer-the-old-world/

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2022, 08:15:34 PM »
Forgot to post it with the last one, but here's the whole map for Total War III, and the starting postions for the various pickable factions.