home

Author Topic: Tactical Decision Game 2.1: Strategy and Deployment  (Read 27630 times)

Offline Windelov

• Members
Sv: Tactical Decision Game 2.1: Strategy and Deployment
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2012, 10:02:51 AM »
Thx HHG

So we just need to state our next deployment, not all of them, and then you will drop the next DE unit..?

Blue: In that case, I would deploy one Stank on the right side of the reiksguard.

Offline Noght

• Members
Re: Tactical Decision Game 2.1: Strategy and Deployment
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2012, 10:08:27 AM »
If the DE player deploys as Zak's post #98, we should be fine.  His big blocks and Mage Lord will probably be center, we'll see.  I'm fine with the Empire side, however depending on which unit he deploys next we may be able to space a bit better.
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline Holy Hand Grenade

• Members
  • Never leave the Province without it...
Re: Sv: Tactical Decision Game 2.1: Strategy and Deployment
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2012, 10:19:22 AM »
Thx HHG

So we just need to state our next deployment, not all of them, and then you will drop the next DE unit..?

Blue: In that case, I would deploy one Stank on the right side of the reiksguard.

Well, no.  It would go too slow if we do them each one at a time.

If your team gives me the order of placement, the primary placement spots, and all the necessary if/then statements (i.e, if the DE players puts his Spear here, then we deploy this next here...), I will be able to finish up the deployment phase fairly easily.   
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

HHG's TDG/TEG Dice Tracker

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2012, 12:11:07 PM »
Ok.  So it seems that the blue team know where we would like to place our units, we just need to establish an order. 

I think it should go as follows:
1. Stank
2. Stank
3. ICKs
4. Peg. Knight
5. Char.

I believe this would still cause our opponent to have to anticipate our strategy through deployment.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2012, 12:23:59 PM »
I think the order should be ICKnights first as it really has no impact on where we place them as we want to redeploy anyway

So

ICK
Stank 1
Stank 2
Characters

We might have to think about the deployment of the stanks also how many steam points we will try etc.

Offline Windelov

• Members
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2012, 12:26:54 PM »
Ok.  So it seems that the blue team know where we would like to place our units, we just need to establish an order. 

I think it should go as follows:
1. Stank
2. Stank
3. ICKs
4. Peg. Knight
5. Char.

I believe this would still cause our opponent to have to anticipate our strategy through deployment.

The Peg knight is to be deployed with characters. Other than that I'm fine with the above.

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2012, 12:30:58 PM »
[We might have to think about the deployment of the stanks also how many steam points we will try etc.

It also depends on the placement of his shades.  If they are on the hill, who do we send to dispatch them? 

Maybe this is getting too ahead of ourselves...

Offline SevenSins

• Members
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2012, 12:56:09 PM »
I think the order should be ICKnights first as it really has no impact on where we place them as we want to redeploy anyway

So

ICK
Stank 1
Stank 2
Characters

We might have to think about the deployment of the stanks also how many steam points we will try etc.

+1to this

Offline Bildskoene Bengtsson

• Members
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2012, 02:21:39 PM »

So

ICK
Stank 1
Stank 2
Characters

+1to this

and +1 to that. 

Offline George

• Members
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2012, 09:37:03 PM »

So

ICK
Stank 1
Stank 2
Characters

+1to this

and +1 to that. 

I actually think we should go
STank
STank
ICK
Characters
If we plan to redeploy the ICK why not hold them till last and get our positioning best we can.
The i still think we want these placed first to make the DE player think twice about putting a combat unit on the opposing flank.
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2012, 11:14:28 PM »
I would just like to say that the Captasus is vulnerable to Killing Blow unfortunately. Stupid FAQ. Basically because the character is listde as 'Infantry' in the army book, it doesn't matter what you put him on and what that changes his formal troop type to...

For deployment order, I vote for:

Steam Tank
Inner Circle Knights
Steam Tank
Characters

Placing the steam tanks in staggered order will influence the opponents deployment more. If we deploy them both one after the other he'll either avoid that flank or concentrate on it, depending on how well he thinks he can deal with the two tanks. It really depends on where we want him to deploy his 2 main units. If we deploy one Tank and then the inner circle knights, he may deploy more centrally (if this is what we want), expecting us to deploy the other tank on the left flank.
There are three things each man judges another man by;

1. The size of his codpiece
2. The amount of skulls he carries
3. The length of his feather

Offline Grazhnakk

• Members
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2012, 11:26:06 PM »
I agree with MrAbyssal. (Sorry for the delay, guys, was on vacation last week!)

We can hopefully draw out our opponent by slow rolling the stank deployments.

Offline Windelov

• Members
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2012, 08:55:17 AM »
I agree with MrAbyssal. (Sorry for the delay, guys, was on vacation last week!)

We can hopefully draw out our opponent by slow rolling the stank deployments.

Have in mind that he will properly deploy his wizard bunker next, somewhat in the centre a little to the back (given that he can just move it and cast anyhow). So no matter how we turn it, we will have to deploy one Stank before his warriors or executioneers, and I dont think there is much we can do about it.

So IC knights in the centre, one Stank behind and a little to the right of the 4++ hill (either being deployd first or second). Then if he deploys his warrior unit on our right flank we deploy our second steam opposite/centre if he deploys executioneers on our right flank we deploy the second Stank there as well.. We pretty much now where is characters are going since he cannot deploy them in the executioner unit.

I vote for deploying one sTank as the last of units, and will support any of combination of these.

• Members
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2012, 09:38:18 AM »
Tactical Decision Game 2.1:  Deployment Complete

Team Blue

Team Blue.  It wasn’t unanimous on what to place next, but the majority seemed to be the ICK then the STanks.

--ICK went in the middle. 
--DE player places his big block of Warriors left/center. 
--You place STank 1 near the hill.
--DE player places his Sorc bunker of Warriors across from the ruins.
--You place STank 2 near the hill.
--DE player places his Executioners behind the forest near the east hill.
--You place your characters are per your original list.
--The DE player places his characters as per the original list.

No Vanguard moves for the Dark Elves.

Team Green

Here is how your deployment finished off-

--You place the Reikguard across from the Hydra

--DE places his big Warrior block in the left/center.
--You place your ICK next to the Reik.
--He places his Sorc bunker set back off the hill, near his Warriors.
--You put your STank across from the Ruins.
--He places his Executioner on the hill, next to his Warriors.
--Due to the amount of units/threat on the west flank, you deploy your characters as per the original list and the DE General also places his characters as per the original list.

No Vanguard moves for the DE.

Working TDG 2.2 next!

:::cheers:::
HHG

If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

Offline grifter

• Members
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2012, 11:49:02 AM »
Thanks HHG, looking forward to it!

Team Green, at least, seems to be in good shape so far. The (almost) refused flank shouldn´t hurt us much since we only have fast units there; though it might have been an idea to place the mage with the small unit and and go for the Magic Circle as protection against the Death mage. Couldn´t contest for the Ruins then, oc.

Apparently the DE player doesn´t seem to care for the Circle much either, going for the Ruins in both scenarios. I guess getting the boni from the Ruins on both his mages would be pretty nice for him (and horrid for us).

Offline Empire - Ulric

• Members
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2012, 02:32:06 PM »
It would be totally nice to have a few Hochlands kicking around right now, or even Jubal Faulk with his Mercurial Shot.

Offline Windelov

• Members
Sv: Tactical Decision Game 2.1: Strategy and Deployment
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »
Looks great HHG, good call on the deployment, really looking forward to this match.

• Members
Re: Sv: Tactical Decision Game 2.1: Strategy and Deployment
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2012, 08:03:26 PM »
Looks great HHG, good call on the deployment, really looking forward to this match.

Kudos also to your Team Leaders.  They helped me shape the deployment and Empire's first turn move.

Which, by the way, is now up and available in TDG 2.2:  Magic, Magic, Magic!!!