home

Author Topic: Tactical Decision Game 2.6: Nearing the Climax  (Read 30367 times)

Offline carmaul

• Members
Re: Tactical Decision Game 2.6: Nearing the Climax
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2012, 09:30:14 PM »
Dreadlord’s Fifth Turn
Versus Team Green

Movement
The lone Exec fails to roll snake eyes and runs 4” away from the Engie. 

HHG

The lone Exec would continue running to the nearest board edge.  He would not run away from the Engie.  His path should be straight to the left.

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »
Is there some reason we didn't flee from the Spearmen?

Offline grifter

• Members
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2012, 09:36:24 PM »
I don´t want to see the Metal bitch getting of both buffs and the debuff...so I say preserve our DD to counter at least one of those (probably PoR) and hope for the best.

Offline grifter

• Members
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2012, 09:38:23 PM »

I think not enough people expressed that we should...maybe?

Also, the Hydra charged us first, and we kind buffed ourselves to fight it, so I guess HHG assumed we wouldn´t?

Offline Holy Hand Grenade

• Members
  • Never leave the Province without it...
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2012, 09:51:18 PM »
You could Hold on the Hydra charge and then decide to Flee from the Spears....but you would move directly away from the Spears diagonal from the Hydra.

Most likely you get 6 inches or so away from the Hydra and it would run you down on its charge roll.  You were in its LOS when it declared a charge, so it will get a free wheel and will run you down.

If you want to do that so the Spears get a failed charge and will be near the Comet, I can do that for you.

Personally, I think a hold in combat by the Stubborn Reiks so the ICK cav can ride in to win the day is your best bet at this point. 

If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

HHG's TDG/TEG Dice Tracker

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2012, 09:53:13 PM »

I think not enough people expressed that we should...maybe?

Also, the Hydra charged us first, and we kind buffed ourselves to fight it, so I guess HHG assumed we wouldn´t?
The Hydra definitely would have run us down if we had fled.  Somehow I got it in my head that he had random movement (confused with Abomb) and thought we could escape.

I vote for 2 dice to dispel.

You could Hold on the Hydra charge and then decide to Flee from the Spears....but you would move directly away from the Spears diagonal from the Hydra.
Does the Hydra get a free pivot (other than during the charge)?  Because fleeing from the spearmen would require the Hydra to wheel more than 90 degrees, more than the limit on charging.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:01:56 PM by zifnab0 »

• Members
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2012, 10:03:39 PM »
The lone Exec would continue running to the nearest board edge.  He would not run away from the Engie.  His path should be straight to the left.

Interesting.  Learn something new everyday. 

I always had them run from the nearest enemy, like when they fail a terrain Panic test.
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

Offline Harshey

• Members
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2012, 10:08:30 PM »
The hydra does not get a free pivot, models when charging get one wheel, and that wheel can't be more than a 90 degree turn. Which means a flee from the spearmen of more than 3 or four inches would possibly take us out of the legal charge range of the hydra.

Am I thinking about this correctly? Only an option because we're so close to the hydra and that we're pretty far to its line of sight to begin with. Maybe we should have planned to flee from the spears...

Personally, I was thinking hold, hope the spears fail their charge and see a comet come down. But the plan isn't working this game (4 tokens)

But I think this is a good rule question that could easily come up in a lot of games, and it might be one of those times we should have fled with a solid stubborn unit.

Offline Harshey

• Members
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2012, 10:10:18 PM »
HHG, I think the flee from closest enemy is only for panic. Otherwise it is directly forward.

Offline George

• Members
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2012, 10:12:58 PM »
I haven'te played much with the STank....what is it capable of doing in this round of combat?

Dreadlord has enchanted blades, plague of rust and glittering robes to cast.
We have 1 knight left which drealord wants to kill in order to get points.
I think we try to stop this spell (even though its a risky high roll) as this effects the STank and the GM's unit. Plague of rust will only effect one of them (likely the STank). The other consideration is saving dice for glittering robes in order to kill more elves...without knowing what the STank can do I'm thinking stop this one.
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

Offline Harshey

• Members
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »
The stank is a paperweight that gives you +1 CR for the flank.

Offline George

• Members
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2012, 10:47:59 PM »

Thanks, I was concerned this was the case.
I say stop this spell then
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2012, 10:56:28 PM »

For this round of combat it is.

Which one to stop is a tough one. We know he's going to PoD next for extra Power Dice so we could let it through and save for PoD. The AP won't matter too much against the Knight unit but the STank has already been hit by Plague of Rust and so it will drop that to 3+. The +1 to hit is probably a bad thing compared to the other spells. Remember that the characters are T5 at present as well due to Wyssan's so the Spears are wounding on 6s there too.

If we let it go we can possibly end his Magic phase after Enchanted Blades is cast, however it's probably the spell that will have the biggest impact in the combat so I'll say dispel.
There are three things each man judges another man by;

1. The size of his codpiece
2. The amount of skulls he carries
3. The length of his feather

Offline Empire - Ulric

• Members
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2012, 11:21:09 PM »
Dreadlord can cast all of three spells (all from the metal mage) besides power of darkness with both his wizards in combat. If he wants to power up and get a ton of power dice let him. He just risks blowing up his wizard when he starts tossing lots of dice at spells.

Let PoD go.

Save our dispel dice for the hex / debuff we want to stop. (My vote goes for Enchanted Blades)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:23:17 PM by Empire - Ulric »

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2012, 11:26:28 PM »

Save our dispel dice for the hex / debuff we want to stop.

Agree.  Probably should stop Rust.  Because if we got the Champ/WP into the 2 spots near the Spears then Blades is less effective.

I NEED to know where the Dark Elf dudes and Empire WP is?
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline Harshey

• Members
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2012, 12:09:55 AM »
Right, and keeping 4 dice will keep dreadlord's throwing more dice, not just trying to successfully cast.

• Members
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2012, 02:56:44 AM »
***Update***

Magic Versus Team Blue

Dreadlord made 23 on an Enchanted Blades cast.

Empire rolls all its dice to dispel it-  16+4+1=21.  Blades goes off.

The Metal she-witch now casts a 2-dice Plague of Rust on the ICK and a 3-dice Glittering Robe on the Warriors, getting 6+4+1=11 and 10+4+1=15 respectively.  Both go off.

DE’s magic phase is over.  Sorry guys-  bad magic phase for the good guys...   :-(

Magic Versus Team Green

For the PoD, the Metal Sorc gets +3 dice.

She now casts a 5-dice Enchanted Blades of Aiban on the Warriors and gets 20+4=24.  (No sac dag on this one-  Dreadlord has 5 dice remaining)

What do you want to do?

------------------------------------

I will answer some of the Green questions/concerns here in a few minutes.

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2012, 03:15:29 AM »
Let Blades go, stop Rust, we can mitigate Blade Attacks by challenging and moving a 50mm base to die and block 40mm (2 ranks) of Blade attacks.
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline Harshey

• Members
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2012, 03:17:47 AM »
I second Noght.

• Members
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2012, 03:32:39 AM »
Here is what you are facing with the Hydra.  If the Reiks run and get about an average roll on 3 dice with a 9 and the Hydra turns a full 90 degrees on a pivot, it will still catch the back end of the Knights, run them down and destroy them.

Looking at the graph, you would have to get a Flee roll of 10+ to get out of the LOS and charge angle of the beast, even if the Flee angle away from the Spears is calculated as a little more to the right.

I am still willing to have them run if you want to gamble on the roll.... and have the Spears fail their charge and probably remain in the kill zone of the mega-comet.  Your call.

The PoD cast and Enchanted Blades attempt would remain the same as it is right now.

-------------------------------

As far as character placement, here is what I did for you as units reformed/prepared for future combat.

In the Spears front row it goes the Dreadlord on the far left, the BSB, and then the command group.  The Metal Mage is in the second row, one away from the left and the Death Mage, also in the second row, is one away from the right.

Because of this, the WP and Champ are on the front left of the Reiksguard to avoid contact with any characters from the Spears if they happened to make the long charge.

Also, when the ICK did its last reform, your Wizard is far right, next Huss, the BSB, and the 2 left in the command group.  I am willing to change the order up in the ICK if you want to for some reason.

Offline George

• Members
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2012, 03:51:09 AM »
***Update***

Magic Versus Team Blue

Dreadlord made 23 on an Enchanted Blades cast.

Empire rolls all its dice to dispel it-  16+4+1=21.  Blades goes off.

The Metal she-witch now casts a 2-dice Plague of Rust on the ICK and a 3-dice Glittering Robe on the Warriors, getting 6+4+1=11 and 10+4+1=15 respectively.  Both go off.

DE’s magic phase is over.  Sorry guys-  bad magic phase for the good guys...   :-(

Bugger...it was always a possibility this would happen, but if we let the blades through there's every chance we wouldn't be able to stop the others due to Power of Darkness and the dagger
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

Offline Windelov

• Members
Sv: Tactical Decision Game 2.6: Nearing the Climax
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2012, 05:11:21 AM »
That dagger needs to be hit with a large nerf bat!

Sendt fra min GT-I9000 med Tapatalk2

Offline grifter

• Members
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2012, 08:09:07 AM »
Let Blades go, stop Rust, we can mitigate Blade Attacks by challenging and moving a 50mm base to die and block 40mm (2 ranks) of Blade attacks.

Seconded.

Offline Dnic

• Members
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2012, 08:41:04 AM »

Agree

Offline zakalwe

• Members
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2012, 09:35:55 AM »
So we challenge with the warrior priest? we need 1 reiksguard to survive ideally.

Can we make way with the warrior priest to the elves, challenge with a champ, that would block the RnF troops from the elves.