home

Author Topic: A question  (Read 8064 times)

Offline The Village Idiot

• Members
  • Empire GT Winner
A question
« on: August 18, 2005, 01:11:20 PM »
Are we allowed to post multiple battle results in a single day? Some generals are posting 5 or 6 massacres each and every day!?  :?

The Village Idiot
Quickly everyone, chant the Canticle of the Battalion Concept. Maybe we can convert him!
-Rufus Sparkfire, Imperial Scrivener

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
A question
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 01:18:52 PM »
As one of those generals: We're only allowed one battle per day, but if you play more than one per day, you don't have to wait for the next day to enter your results.
If the round lasts five days, then there's no difference in posting one each day or five on the first day and none on the other four, right?
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
A question
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 08:35:36 PM »
Somebody's awefuly full of themselves...
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
A question
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 08:55:25 PM »
Well my dear TVI it would appear you have some contenders for the title of "Master Tactician".

We have discovered some outstanding gamers who can take a 2000 point Empire Army over a 6 turn battle and achieve massacre after massacre, I think the best currently is 18 in a row, at the time of typing. :shock:

As posted elsewhere several of us are waiting with undiminishing interest in the list being used and the tactics employed, and cannot wait for the details to grace the War Room.
There is also excitement that at last we may have a GT Empire contender in Europe. :-D

I understand also that there is some, admittedly limited  I believe, interest in the opposition Empire list or lists being used, and the tactics of the opposing Empire player or players.

There is also concern for the mental well-being or capabilities of the opponents who obviously need to come to this site for some form of tactical advice, as they seem incapable of learning from 18 defeats by massacre in a row.
However the opponent [opponents] must be a really nice person [people]  :wink:  as I've never found anyone who would take 18 massacres in a row without getting extremely pissed off about it.

[Mind you I don't think I've ever met anyone who would enjoy winning by a massacre 18 times in a row.]
 :wink:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
A question
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 11:41:00 AM »
I believe those 18 massacres would be mine... so allow me to reply.

I know I wouldn't mind losing that often. First off, I'm too stubborn to admit I just can't beat someone. Secondly, for me it's merely about the game, not about winning or losing.
As long as my opponent doesn't cheat, laughs me in the face because he wins, or uses uber-lists, I'll keep playing. And my opponent feels the same way.
My opponent uses an infantry based list, meaning three large units of spearmen/swordsmen with two large fc detachments each. Aside from that he uses a large hammer unit of White wolves and, depending on the faction he plays, some Wolf-Kin or huntsmen.
I beat his list by using my terror causing Griffon to attack his detachments and cause terror in his ranks, and my fast Knights and Ogres to keep them from rallying. My cannons (2) and handgunners (one unit of ten) are assigned to destroying the White Wolves.
He's getting good, though, and keeps using different ways of setting up his army which makes it increasingly difficult for me to win. It's mostly just calculating risks, sacrificing small units, etc.
Don't worry, I'm confident I'll lose yet  :wink: .
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
A question
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 12:23:17 PM »
Why are you claiming the campaign list bonus if you are using a griffon and ogres, neither of which are allowed in the campaign list!
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
A question
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 12:31:25 PM »
Quote from: FR1DAY
Why are you claiming the campaign list bonus if you are using a griffon and ogres, neither of which are allowed in the campaign list!

I would very much like to know this as well.
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
A question
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 01:25:57 PM »
:?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :!:

I checked up the list, and you're right about the griffon! I have no idea what's up with that, I am 99.5 percent sure that it said Stirland IS allowed to use Griffons! I have no idea what's up with that, I wrote my army list having the Stirland list on my screen, and I find it very unlikely that I scewed up that bad :oops: ...
My solution to the problem: I played about fifteen of the battles with a griffon, times 200 (the modifier for using the list) is 3000 points I didn't earn. I'll triple that for the griffon having a rather large (but not pivotal) role in the game, making it 9000 in total. I can make a total of 1600 points per day. 9000 divided by 1600 is about seven. Double that, because I can't predict I only have the maximum score each day (800 points is probably about a good guess, since I can play a lot of games per day, choosing the best), makes 14. So, to compensate for using the griffon, I won't enter any results for the next fourteen days, today being day one. I hope that's fair enough...
And please, take into account that my opponent scewed up a lot too, using too many points in certain scenario's, for example. Stirland not having a large role during the campaign should also be taken into account (losing by 1600 or by 1400 points doens't make that much of a difference, now does it :wink: ). 14 days of no reporting should be a good compensation, though if the campaign team decides otherwise, I will fully agree, of course.
Again, I apologise for the misunderstanding...

Oh, by the way, I looked it up, and Ogres are allowed as Dogs of War mercenaries. Even the Ogre Kingdom types.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
A question
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 01:30:34 PM »
Off on holiday for a fortnight then are we.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
A question
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 01:39:10 PM »
:?:

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
A question
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 02:16:32 PM »
In his defence (I don't believe i'm defending a heretical sigmarite!)

Deomanslayer has openly admitted using griffons and ogres. This tells me that he might genuinely have read the army lists incorrectly.

Posting his army list based on the assumption that they were allowed. Therefore I cannot see any intended underhandedness in claiming Army List modifiers.

How this will affect the modifiers punishment as surly there must be some sort of retribution, i do not know.

I shall now paraphrase from my favorite movie:

"Lets throw him in the water! If he drowns he's not a witch! If he floats he is a witch and we BUUURN Him!"
Grand Writing Competition winning entry;
"I was there! With the Men of Erlach!"

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"
- Oscar Wilde

Offline Rorrak

• Members
A question
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 02:20:48 PM »
Obviously its not up to me but .

We all mess up from time to time.
Seems to me that this is a genuine mistake not a clandestine one.
I mean why post your list if you know its in contravention. Just doenst make sense.

While I and others can't imagine how its fun to play so much one sided warhammer its not against the rules.

Somehow 14 days seems very punative.

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
A question
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 02:31:07 PM »
Well, as it is Demonslayer's own proposal, and the math does work out pretty well, I'm inclined to go along with the 14 days.

DS: Please consider your proposal acceptable unless you hear otherwise from the campaign team in the next couple of days. We'll toss this around in the staff forum and see what everyone thinks. Thanks for being so forthcoming.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
A question
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 02:35:25 PM »
You're welcome- hey, it's my conscience  :wink: .

And besides, it's better than Van Harrl's idea of punishment  :P .

Offline Rorrak

• Members
A question
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 03:08:34 PM »
It might look like it but Vann Harl and I did not even chat on this matter before hand. Posted similar things within 4 minutes of each other. Must be the warm Durban winter makes us more relaxed !

@GH and Team.

The maths may work well but the crux of the matter is that a yellow card against such a small team is probably too crippling, that something else might be more favourable to a challenging campaign.

Either way this is my last word on this subject.

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
A question
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 06:22:09 PM »
I dunno, maybe just seven, as I feel that Stirland will crumple without Demonlsayer for that many rounds, not to mention that he will not be getting as many massacres cause of having to neuter his list.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
A question
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 06:29:46 PM »
Think I can't win without my griffon, helblaster  :wink: ?

Anyway, thanks for the reduction :) . But I don't really see it as a penalty, just as a compensation for the excess points- which we calculated would be 14 days.

After all, seeing this as a penalty would be admitting I actually did something wrong on purpose. And I don't. I just misread something.

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
A question
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2005, 07:28:20 PM »
Did not mean any offence, sorry. I just think 14 is about..... 7 too many days? I am sure you can win without you Griffon, but you prolly won't get massacres as much.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
A question
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2005, 01:02:47 PM »
We'll see... after the period of self-inflicted exile is over, that is  :wink: .

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
A question
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2005, 07:12:58 PM »
Since I've made no flawed Bechafen skirmish reports, and because Bechafen reports are not subject to the one-post per day rule, and because it uses a completely different point system, I was wondering whether I can continue playing skirmish scenario's as usual?
The skirmishes didn't contribute to the attack on any of the other cities, only on Bechafen. Since none of them were flawed, it would seem strange that I would have to be compensating there.
Of course, if the campaign team decides otherwise, then I will accept their judgement. I'll wait for a reply from them.

Offline wojammer

• Members
A question
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 09:02:48 PM »
I have to agree with demonslayer on this one.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
A question
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2005, 07:48:39 AM »
Thanks  :-D . Hope the campaign team agrees with you :wink: .

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
A question
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2005, 04:38:53 PM »
Demonslayer, I would have responded sooner but that would have spoiled the surprise of the new Bechafen Skirmish conditions :)

Feel free to Skirmish again.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
A question
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2005, 04:53:03 PM »
Yes! Oh YES!!! My prayers have been answered! Thank you thank you thank you!!!
You have no idea how bored I was getting, not being able to play any games for an entire WEEK. Somewhere earlier I stated that the self-inflicted exile was not a punishment, BUT IT IS! I have spilled so little blood of the heretics this week, I thought I was going MAD!
Anyway, thanks for letting me know :) . I'll check out these new conditions as soon as I find them...

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
A question
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2005, 12:07:22 AM »
Bored? No one is stopping you from playing, just reporting… :wink:
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.