home

Author Topic: Kislev Mordheim warband - does it exist??  (Read 4955 times)

Offline Stryder

• Members
Kislev Mordheim warband - does it exist??
« on: July 18, 2006, 10:48:35 AM »
I'm adding some Kislev units and characters to my Empire and heard that there was a Kislev Mordheim warband, but couldn't find it on the GW website. Does it exist, and if so could someone please post a link to some pics (or just tell me what's in it!).

Thanks heaps

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: Kislev Mordheim warband - does it exist??
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 10:54:11 AM »
Too late Stryder I'm afraid.

GW dropped them from the Mordheim range at the end of last year.

I though there were some lovely models, but apparently the general sales of the human metal Mordheim warbands [Averlanders, Ostlanders, KIslev etc.] was not too good, and most people made human warbands from the militia sprues.
There were also supposedly space issues in their stockrooms.

Your best chance will be ebay, but to be honest I haven't seen many personally there.

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Stryder

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 11:00:14 AM »
Bugger - thanks for letting me know anyway. Do you happen to know what was in it? I heard there were crossbowmen?

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 11:21:25 AM »
I think there were pictures in the Empire Collector's Guide, if you can find a copy to browse through - GW store?

There were a variety of minis - 2 Captains, 2 heroes, 3 henchmen, 2 youngbloods, a handler and bear.

They all came handless, and there was a weapons sprue, with the hands on the weapons, so you could mix and match.

There was a crossbow and handgun option.

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 12:03:12 PM »
I think the Kislev Models are fantastic.  There is a Mordheim Warband, but it's disappointing they aren't selling the models anymore.  I bought the Mordheim Warband box to convert a few cannon crew to go with Galloper Guns.  Now if I can only find the time...
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline Diether Blunt

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 12:17:45 PM »
A well I guess you will need to put your brains in overdrive and buy an extra pack of greenstuf. You could indeed alway's convert them from the available allied contignents. Tip of the big guy of his bear and you have your unridden bear. At least the rules were not deleted.
Give a man a fire and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire and you warm him for a lifetime.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 03:11:56 AM »
The biggest mistake I ever made (GW wise) was not ordering the Kislev Warband at the end of last year. Instead, I chose to order a whole bunch of Dogs of War stuff, and I missed out on get a unit of kislve handguns, and a unit of kislev halberds. I have been kicking myself since, and this news as to why both partially satisfies me, and partially flares my fury back up again.

I would have had a nice balanced force with that unit of halberds, but now I have lost all motivation in building my kislevites, and they sit in their case until I finish all my other side projects. Even my VC army has come above them in my list now.....
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Vmartini

• Members
  • Middlesbrough, UK
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 11:39:03 AM »
You could try ringing mail order, seeing if they've got some kicking around. Probably won't but it's worth a try.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 11:59:01 AM »
You could try ringing mail order, seeing if they've got some kicking around. Probably won't but it's worth a try.

I doubt it - I tried back then soon after they announced the discontinuation, and they had sold out ..............?

Rather makes you wonder about the supposed lack of sales, doesn't it?
 :wink:

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 12:24:06 PM »
Supply and demand.

We demand quality, GW supply the despair.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 12:45:55 PM »
Did you guys try GW Canada or US mail order?  They might have some stuff too.
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline Kernschatten

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 12:14:50 AM »
"We finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you. God damn you all to hell."

Offline Stryder

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 04:02:37 AM »
Thanks for your help everyone :) Have been able to order the Kislev Mordheim stuff from the US online store - 5 box sets later and I have a Kislev halberdier unit and a unit of Kislev handgunners!

Offline Time of Madness

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 01:35:24 AM »
Very nice, The kislev halberdier unit is one of my fav units in the game. Here is an example from CMON of what you can do with the unit.

Time of Madness
The fact that the price must be paid is proof that it is worth paying.
- Robert Jordan

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006, 06:22:59 AM »
Just ordered some.

Thanks Kernschatten.   :mrgreen: - you have to use it at least once at some point or another  :-D

Offline Shadow_Zero

• Members
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2023, 11:27:09 AM »
I think there were pictures in the Empire Collector's Guide, if you can find a copy to browse through - GW store?

There were a variety of minis - 2 Captains, 2 heroes, 3 henchmen, 2 youngbloods, a handler and bear.

They all came handless, and there was a weapons sprue, with the hands on the weapons, so you could mix and match.

Was there a handgun option?
https://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Mordheim_-_Kislevites

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2023, 11:40:44 AM »
Putting this in with "Skirmish & Warband" ...
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2023, 01:35:58 PM »

Was there a handgun option?
https://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Mordheim_-_Kislevites

Hand weapon sprue, first on the left.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)