home

Author Topic: Chaos Dwarf Culture Project  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Karak Norn Clansman

• Members
Chaos Dwarf Culture Project
« on: February 13, 2019, 09:07:04 PM »

Howdy folks!

This is just a quick mention with link for those interested in Warhammer and Chaos Dwarfs, or just curious overall for this largely community-developed faction.

A great amount of stories, songs and fables (some illustrated) have been written for Warhammer Fantasy's Chaos Dwarfs, and here you have it all in a handy link compilation: Check it out!

Cheers

Offline FVC

• Members
Re: Chaos Dwarf Culture Project
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 01:16:45 PM »
...KNC, do you do anything other than post the same links over and over on every WHFB forum you can find?

It's honestly starting to annoy me. Okay, I get it, we all know what the Ninth Age forums are and we all know those couple of artists you like on Deviant Art. Is this really necessary?  :icon_confused:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 01:56:07 PM »
I don't follow every WHFB forum, not enough time in the day.  I do appreciate that KNC posts threads here on the projects because it is art and beauty and creativity that motivates my hobby interests.  Even if they aren't exactly the same as my fantasy world, the ideas do help round out my perspectives on things, helping me form my own ideas, or shift my ideas in a new directions.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 02:27:00 PM »
I agree.
I poke around on the 9th age forum, but more for rule concept discussion and the like.
Its also nice because he generates something new to look at in the 9th age subforum here, which otherwise is fairly quiet.

I can understand the annoyance at seeing it everywhere if you visit everywhere - but not everyone does.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 06:12:35 PM »
I'm not following any other WHFB forum, alive or dead, so I only hear about T9A and KNC's Dwarfs here. I've found some of them really cool, and the others are easy enough to recognize and hop over so I don't feel they clog my forum experience.

I appreaciate the efforts of those few who still keep the WHFB spirit high and produce content to the forums. Not games rules or battle reports type of content, but ideas about the settings, and how to build & paint models that capture the feeling of the settings. I think KNC does exactly that, whether or not it is exactly to my taste.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 09:22:18 PM »
Ditto GP, Warlord and Z 👆
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 07:48:29 PM »
Thank you kindly folks!

It is indeed necessary to share this on all living forums, because there are people who are genuinely interested in art and concept brainstorming and so on, spread out on them. I have devoted my life to learning and creativity, and to encourage it in others. These are fantasy concepts, and are thus relevant on all fantasy forums, in the right forum sections.

As to time, I have handy link-lists. Updating threads on multiple sites takes hardly any time at all, although replying to new comments does. And should do, because this isn't a spambot, but a human being responding to what others have to say.

This sharing of art and concepts (both my own and others) is all genuinely meant, as genuine as it can possibly be.

I want to involve others and harvest their creativity in form of feedback and ideas, and to spread interesting and inspiring stuff to likeminded people. And I work very hard with producing all these drawings.

Cheers

Mathias Rizell .M.R.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:28:26 PM by Karak Norn Clansman »

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 10:28:34 AM »
I appreciate it KNC / Mathias.

It I viewed the forum more on a keyboard instead of smartphone, I would contribute more. I will consider it from time to time :)
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 04:20:24 PM »
I just want to jump in and say I enjoy it quite a bit as well. This is the only forum I see the posts on so it doesn't flood my screen or anything, but it leads to some fun discussion and inspiration.

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 12:54:35 PM »
I suppose it's that I remember spending a lot of time around these forums, and I still occasionally like to check W-E, Bugman's, and so on - and it gets a bit frustrating if every single new topic in every single forum is KNC posting a link to either that same guy on DeviantArt (okay, he's good, but I have already found his account!) or posting a link to somethingorother for Ninth Age (surely we all know that Ninth Age exists now, and the people who care about Ninth Age will go to the Ninth Age forums?).

I don't know. I miss talking about Warhammer Fantasy.

That's why I went and created a big 4th edition readthrough thread where I re-read and analyse the first, early-90s iteration of Warhammer. It's fun to talk about its unique flavour, its virtues, its weaknesses, and how it set the stage for the future. But I didn't go around to every single Warhammer fan forum I could think of and post links on all of them. I feel that would be obnoxious, so I don't do it.

I wouldn't mind it, I guess, if there was other activity. But you have no idea how disheartening it is to pop back to a place like this and the only thing in sight is that one person reposting the same blasted Ninth Age stuff over and over. When I can go to Bugman's and it looks like this... well, there is only one active person, and the only thing he does is repost stuff from another community and reply to himself, and none of that stuff has anything to do with Warhammer Fantasy, the very thing I came here to read and talk about...

I'm not trying to be a jerk, and it's not fair of me to demand everyone else entertain me. It just makes me feel pretty miserable.

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 03:53:39 PM »
Good to know. Perhaps we shall ask a mod at Bugman's to merge all the 9th age concept threads there? The intention is certainly not to clog up the forum, but it's all in the hopes of attracting interested members to what are in effect many different topics.

Originally, when I started sharing T9A doings on CDO, it was (and still is) contained in a single thread, where others come with input. But I wasn't happy with the whole set-up, since it was in effect many different topics rolled into one thread. It was a rather messy structure where discussions about one distinct topic gets mixed up with another (each culture proposal is in effect a different topic), and so I've kept to different topics elsewhere on other sites: Because where lots of good input has been incoming (such as in several threads here on this very forum), it all was justified to keep different topics in different threads. But a less lively forum than Warhammer Empire gets problematic in this regard: There have been some good input on Bugman's (and I'm an incorrigible optimist), but not like here or on Ulthuan. And when there on top of low activity is no dedicated T9A subforum, should the topics be rolled together on such sites at Bugman's Brewery to leave more space for other games?

Three things to keep in mind:

First, I much, much prefer forums' library-like resource accumulation (where you can actually find stuff again) over Facebook's gone-with-the-wind kiosk newsfeed. And I want to help keep forums active by sharing content and encouraging others to get involved, and hopefully share content themselves. So this is my attempt at contribution and re-energizing

Second I'm not posting to myself, I'm posting in the hopes of silent readers reading, and not least in hopes of audible readers responding. This is not that vain a hope: Darko Stojanovic, an artist I've talked to on Deviantart and a long-time member of Bugman's Brewery (who has never posted in any of T9A concept threads AFAIK), mentioned a while ago that he missed BB's past glorious activity and content, but he saw the Kegiz Gavem thread as a new light in the darkness and a delight to read. Lurkers do exist.

Third, most new T9A culture concepts have been Dwarven. I naturally hoped to get response and participation over on the Dwarf forum. :)

Now, I hope you can give me some pointers: Which forums do you frequent, and  where  do you find it problematic in particular? Think structurally: I'll continue to share all things I hope will interest and inspire others at all living hobby forums, but the format can be different for different sites.

Spontaneously, the unintended problem would seem to be most present where no dedicated T9A subforum exist. So that the 9th Age concepts don't just provide more life to their own forum, but unintentionally elbows up shared space with other systems. Better merge 'em all there?

Please tell me, and I might be able to go some way towards you. :)

Ultimately, we'd all like to see more activity on forums!

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 03:59:59 PM by Karak Norn Clansman »