home

Author Topic: Envoy form beyond the Sea  (Read 18393 times)

Offline Volkbane

• Members
  • Lord of the Anarcho-Syndicalists
Re: Envoy form beyond the Sea
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2007, 12:32:44 PM »
What a bunch of seditious prattling I've read so far.  Some are even considering investing so much to locate this priceless artifact only to destroy it?  And my fellow lords are humoring this position with politic?  The 'elders' may wish this campaign to end in a boring and superficial way but we men of the Empire are willing to take risks in the necessary pursuit of progress and development of our nation, which doesn't have the luxury of hiding underground or on a sequestered island against the forces of Oblivion.  We are thinking creatures, constantly inventing and broadening our abilities, and ultimately the only hope the world has when you consider the steady decline of the stagnant-minded elders.  Furthermore we are men of honor, duty bound to the will of our duly elected Emperor, who has given forth a command that carries an authority for each of us that no alien council can supercede.

If the elder juggernaught wishes to interfere, let them come.  These are Imperial lands, and we will meet them here.  If we win, all the more glory for Humanity.

(OOC: I'd give it to Chaos before such an uninspired fate as simply destroying it.)
Patriarch of the royal Kass family, Athalwolf 'Volkbane' Von Kass, son of the late Volkmar Von Kass, father to Konrad and Ron Von Kass.   Patron of Bretonnian pilgrims, defender of Freisenhaffen.

Offline Giladis

• Members
  • Asur Admiral
« Reply #126 on: June 12, 2007, 01:15:08 PM »
I think a very simple agreement is needed to insure mutual success. We do not target intentionaly your forces and you do not ours. In addition to it we discuss where each will be striking so that we do not clog locations but rather maximise the numbers we have by hitting a single location.

Elves will protect men of the empire from the "evil" races if your soldiers aren't there to do so.

I recall you mentioning something about you jumping sides if the Dwarfs get a bit too agressive.  Care to elaborate?

Should the actions of the Dwarfs cause that your position after the war is such that your land would be over ran by brigands and worse evils we would either frist warn them and then strike but sincerely I hope I doesn't come to that as both sides will have enough "evil" enemies to fight during the campaign.

Some are even considering investing so much to locate this priceless artifact only to destroy it?

Yes. It is made out of solidifed Dhar it has no place in this world.

Now I want you to give me an anwser, but think carefully about it before you post it.

What oath have Dwarfs broken towards you?

As far as I am aware Dwarfs have the right of free pasage throughout the Empire. They moved in and on some road your troops came upon theirs. You told the dwarfs to clear the rode, usualy telling dwarfs to do something is a bad thing because they do not react well on orders unles it is by their leaders. They didn't even say no, but just remained motionles and you attacked them. So who started the hostilities? The Dwarfs by standing still on a road or you charging them?
The South will raise again!

Join the Solland Liberation Army!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2007, 01:22:48 PM »
Everyone brings up that one point.  Yes, there was an attack on a road somewhere in the Empire, GW fluff.  GW fluff also says that the Dwarfs refused to tell their allies anything and their ambassadors left.  If anything, we're at equal fault in this whole stupid mess.

I and others have been trying to work with the Dwarf forum at Bugman's from the beginning with little to no success.  Considering the 'close ties' that our races have had and the sudden change of heart by the Dwarfs is where people start using the oath breaking conotation.

Even though we've basically stated that we can't really work together, we still try to be civil and not fight them for as long as possible, but even that seems to be getting pushed aside with talks of Exiles and our forces making surprise attacks out of the forest.  These are hardly things that would indicate mutual support for 2500 years, a longer time than this crown has even existed.

With that, I agree that we should try and avoid conflict with each other if nothing else.  I started another poll to get everyone's opinon on it so we can keep things clear.  It's hard to discuss terms when people are expressing their opinions about the Elven race.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2007, 01:27:00 PM »
Perhaps we should hand the Crown ...in case of finding to a Halfling....

Fredo...you have to take a great responsibility cause only your race can withstand the corrupting Power of the Nemesis Crown. You will wield the ultimate power over ALL Halflings on the whole Warhammer world and will forge them to an unstoppable fighting force for the Empire.

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2007, 08:00:03 PM »
But Randalf, I don't want to leave the Moot!
Gave into the WoW.

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2007, 10:20:34 PM »
Quote from: Giladis
I think a very simple agreement is needed to insure mutual success. We do not target intentionaly your forces and you do not ours. In addition to it we discuss where each will be striking so that we do not clog locations but rather maximise the numbers we have by hitting a single location.

Elves will protect men of the empire from the "evil" races if your soldiers aren't there to do so.

This seems like an excellent place to start.

I acknowledge that the Empire and High Elves don't have the same campaign goals, so a full alliance seems improbable.

But both sides can appreciate the advantages of minimising conflict between us.  And maintaining the long term goal of cooperation against the forces of evil.

As Giladis suggests..

• No deliberate targetting of Imperial forces by the Asur.
  • No deliberate targetting of Asur forces by the Empire.
  • The Asur agree to protect Imperial citizens where no Empire military forces are present to do so.

And if I may suggest..
  • The Asur and Imperial forces will support one another in any battle fought against the forces of evil*
*Mortal, Beast or Demonic forces of Chaos, Greenskins, Druchi, Skaven and all forms of undead.

Giladis, does this meet your approval?

Please note I have quite deliberately avoided any mention of the NC.  As I have mentioned the Empire and HE objectives for the NC are not currently compatible.  The idea behind this agreement is to minimise immediate losses to Empire and HE military forces from unnecessary battles, to further protect Imperial citizens and to maintain reasonable relations with fellow "conclave of light" nations.

For all that the Empire goals suggest that Karl Franz wants to find the crown there is nothing suggesting that he would wish to undo his hard work keeping the Empire safe from its traditional foes.
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline Giladis

• Members
  • Asur Admiral
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2007, 08:02:47 AM »
These four points are agreeable.

I will not cosult the rest of the Asur council and the respons will soon follow.
The South will raise again!

Join the Solland Liberation Army!

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2007, 04:43:33 PM »
One moment, I have a question: Will Asurian forces be protecting Imperial Citizens from more than evil armies? Will they also protect them against dwarfs? If not, then I don't think any good will be coming from this treaty.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2007, 05:51:41 PM »
I think its fair to say that the Asur would probably intervene if the dwarves were planning on wholesale slaughter of Imperial citizens.

It's fair to say that this would be circumstancial.

If a bunch of angry villagers refuse to let the dwarfs pass and the dwarfs are "forced" to use force on them the Asur may not intervene.

If the same villagers ran away or hid in their houses but the dwarves planned to kill them anyway then the Asur would (I imagine) council them against this and take no part in it.

But if the dwarves threaten Imperial citizens then it's really the dwarfs that are to blame, not the Asur for not stopping them.

Same scenario but with Skaven/Orcs/Chaos/Undead/etc threatening the villagers then the Asur have said they would intervene.

This is a positive outcome.  Especially as the risk to the citizenry is far greater when dealing with the forces of evil.  I would not expect any of the "good" races to be targetting Imperial citizens and settlements.  We know for a fact that some of the evil ones are (O&G in particular).
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...