home

Author Topic: Battle Reports  (Read 26516 times)

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
Re: Battle Reports
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2007, 02:28:47 PM »
Region: USA - Talabec Borders
Armies: Empire vs. DoW & Dark Elves
Army Name: Army of Gorim
General: Earl Jodas ap Theron
Battle Size: 2,500 pts.
Objective: Pitched Battle
Fluff Objective: Rescue several hundred Dark Elf captives
Outcome: Marginal Victory for the Empire
Cool Moment: Not really any...but less than 900 pts (of an original 5000) was left on the board at the end of Turn 6!

Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline Ostermarker

• Members
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2007, 05:15:47 PM »
Region: UK - Barren Hills
Armies: Empire v Skaven
General: Boris Hertwig
Battle Size: 1000 versus 666 (we were playing the old ambush rules)
Objective: Fight off the ambush
Fluff objective: Get to Egondorf and warn them of the ratman threat
Outcome: Draw

Cool Moment: Free Company unit with Priest being charged in the rear and flank and surviving for several turns before my Knights (I think) broke the rats.

Uncool Moment: My giant wandered around doing nothing (though he did make two units of slaves run)
So, Ostmarkers wear purple, but it's manly purple, not like that Bretonnian purple.

Offline farmer

• Members
  • Victory is life
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2007, 10:14:25 AM »
Region: UK
Armies: Empire vs Chaos Dwarfs
Army Name: The Grand Army of Averland
General: Lucas Reinard
Battle Size: Empire 2500 vs Chaos Dwarfs 3000
Objective: Pitched battle
Fluff Objective: None
Outcome: Massacred
Cool Moment: None it was a total disaster
Uncool moment: My knights in turn 2 losing the combat to a unit of bull centaur's. My General fled the table along with: 1) 9 Knights
                2) 5 Pistoliers
                3) Lvl 2 Death wizard (Mounted)
                4) 25 Halberdiers

A total of 855 points gone and when you start the game 500 down imposable to come back. Mortar hitting a unit of 21 Dwarfs killing 2. Volley Gun firing 28 shots in one turn Killing only 6. Bah Bah Bah you get the point . Oh well on wards and up wards. (can't get any lower)

"We fight them with our steel, we fight them with our courage, but above all we fight them with our faith in Sigmar!"

(Magnus the Pious outside the gates of Kislev)

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2007, 08:17:50 PM »
Journal of Carl Von Clausewitz, Military Advisor to the Talabheim Irregulars.

16th July

Whilst marching back to Egonsdorf to replenish supplies we found our path blocked by a dawi force.  Unfortunately negotiations were cut short when the dawi war machines opened fire.  Sheer bad luck had caused the Irregulars to run into the forces of Morim Ironhammer, who still held their grudge after our previous encounter.

Once again I thanked Sigmar for the assistance of the Hunter of Sigmar.  The stoic knights charging through the Dawi fire to out flank them.

Seeing their precious machines in danger of capture the dwarfs scuppered their machines and fled their position.

We resumed our march and successfully resupplied at Lord Veldemereís head quarters at Egonsdorf.

Armies: Empire vs Dwarfs
Army Name: Helstrom's 4th Talabheim Irregulars
General: Carl Von Clausewitz
Battle Size: 2000
Fluff Objective: Control the roads around Egonsdorf
Outcome: Massacre
Cool Moment: Hunters of Sigmar making a ton of armour saves.

17th July

Following a possible lead for information concerning the Nemesis Crown High Priest Klast led the Irregulars to a valley in the Barren Hills that was uncomfortably close to Tor Thana.  Meanwhile I remained in Egonsdorf to recover from my wounds.  The Irregulars were supposed to meet with a witch hunter who had learned something through interrogation of prisoners.

When he arrived he was disturbed to find no sign of this witch hunter.  Scouts were dispatched to try and find him.  When they did not return High Priest Klast became concerned and ordered the Irregulars to form a defensive square.

This proved to be our salvation.  Barely had we reformed when Lord Kaihlikís Druchii sprang their ambush.

The Irregulars suffered many casualties from a storm of Druchii bolts.  And an entire swordsman regiment was run down by Lord Kaihlik on his mighty dragon.

Just as the battle looked most grim our artillery finally got a shot at the dragon.  Cannons and the oh-so unreliable Helblaster Volley Gun let loose in a thunderous roar.  A huge black cloud obscured vision for a few seconds.  Then, as the breeze dispersed the smoke, a great cheer went up as there was no sign of Lord Kaihlik or his dragon.

Their leader gone the remaining Druchii were swiftly repelled.  It was a costly victory but hopefully we have seen the last of the nefarious Lord Kaihlik.

I have sent a pigeon to Lord Veldemere in Egonsdorf warning that we have been receiving false intelligence.  The search for the crown continues.

Armies: Empire vs Dark Elves
Army Name: Helstrom's 4th Talabheim Irregulars
General: Carl Von Clausewitz (High Priest Klast on the field of battle)
Fluff Objective: Seek information on the crown
Outcome: Marginal Victory
Cool Moment: Well the dragon died eventually, but nothing really went right in this game (ok the Icon of Magnus and Imperial Banner did stop terror from loosing me the game but thats pretty negative).
Uncool Moment: Realising that your NC rating can go DOWN when you win!!! (I'm guessing due to not achieving a massacre, but it cost me dearly  :-( )
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2007, 10:36:03 AM »
Region: Barren Hills
Armies: Empire vs. High Elves
Army Name: Schlaeger Guard- Helstrom's4th
General: Gustav Feindschlaeger
Battle Size:  2500
Objective: Pitch Battle
Fluff Objective: An elven host tries to tresspass our land without clarifying it's purposes. It must be apprehended and interrogated, just in case they are hostile.
Outcome: Massacre... Again.
Cool moment: I've never seen that many flying units before... Great Eagles everywhere! That is, until the handgunners stepped in.
His over 500 points costing dragon princes (WITH commander!) were stopped by my flagellant unit, and subsequently charged in the flank by the Hunters of Sigmar, causing them to flee!
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2007, 11:10:06 AM »
Another fantastic result demonslayer!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2007, 03:47:17 PM »
Region: Talabec Borders
Armies: Empire vs. Orcs and Goblins
Army Name: Wissenland Expeditionary Force- Helstrom's4th
General: Ortolf von Brennenburg (Captain Gustav Rondschield commanding)
Battle Size:  1000
Fluff Objective: Gain control of the clearing before nightfall.
Cool moment:  Nothing spectacular happened really.

General Helstrom,
The offensive has begun in ernest!  Everything is going as well as can be expected thus far.  Reinforcements are coming in from Talabheim and Altdof by riverboat.

Our gunboats are being accompanied by Falcon and Hawkships of the Asur fleet.  Our complete stranglehold of the area should be completed by the end of the week.

On shore, things are moving slowly through the woods.  Our men hack and claw their ways through the forests into an occasional clearing, but these areas are highly sought after by everyone in the forest.

One of my patrols fought an orc warband for one such resting spot.  Night was approaching quickly and the men were eager for a nice area out of the trees to rest.  It was a brief encounter and our Hunters of Sigmar rolled up the flank of the enemy to secure our lines.  In the end neither side could claim the patch and withdrew just out of range of bow shot and made their camps.  In the morning my men found the orcs to be gone, but a potent smell of wet fur was present.

The reports of the vile ratmen must be true, sir. My guards are ready for them though.
O.v.B.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline crouching lictor

• Members
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2007, 07:05:39 PM »
General Rodimutz, Helstrom's 4th,

The area around the Tower of Moonrise is swarming with elves of all types. Per your instructions, I have sent the Company out into the Great Forest to take the fight to those who would oppose us. Today we met a war host of High Elves and I recognized the banner of their leader as the same of the one who attacked us at the outset of the campaign. We were able to catch the by surprise and cause discord and ruin amongst their lines. The ogres and heavy cavalry in particular caused horrendous casualties amongst the dainty elves as their heavy axes and lances cleaved their frail bodies. We were able to take some prisoners and, after some encouragement from the lads, spoke of a stone nearby that holds great power and they were seeking that stone to tap its power no doubt. I will press the prisoners for more information.

Respectfully, General Wolfgang Greiss

and a 2nd report!General Rodimutz, Helstrom's 4th,

The high elf prisoners that we interrogated made mention of a large army of their kinsmen that landed a few nights ago in the area. I sent my scouts out to find this army while I finished securing the Tower of Moonrise. After two days none had returned and I had received no word, so the Company, reinforced now by my cousin and his band, moved into the forest to conduct a movement to contact and force an engagement. We happened on a large clearing and found that the elven army was waiting for us and a meeting engagement ensued. Their general in particular, mounted on a terrible red dragon, wreaked havoc amongst our lines and many of the men fled rather than face that terrible beast. My own cousin was killed by the blade of the elf war master. The battle was quickly turning into a rout until the cannon crews were able to draw a bead on the great dragon and wounded it severely, causing it to seek cover. With the great beast gone for the moment the paymaster and I were able to rally what was left of the Company and counter-attack the elf lines with precision cavalry strikes aimed at their citizen levies. These strikes proved effective and caused a general panic in their lines with three regiments fleeing the battle. The fighting bogged down at that point into an ugly melee where I myself was caught in the shoulder by an elf blade. The bitter struggle continued until nightfall and both armies left the field bloodied but unbowed. This new elf general is quite capable and I fear that when his beast returns to health he will be back for more slaughter. For now, I am constructing a small fort on a rise to reorganize and reinforce. We have been severely bloodied by the elves this time around but we will not give our ground without a fight. I have sent messengers to my captains positioned along the roads to make haste for this location so that we may take the offensive again soon. I have also received word from my Tilean allies that they are a mere two days away by barge with a small force as well. I will report again once we are prepared to resume the offensive.

Respectfully,
General Wolfgang Greiss, The Black Company

« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 07:23:31 PM by crouching lictor »

Offline Sergeant36

• Members
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2007, 11:08:38 PM »
High Commander Rodimutz, Helstromís 4th Army:

Sir, this morning I ordered a force of my finest bodyguards to a surprise daylight raid upon the camp of a Night Goblin warlord known as the ďSnootĒ.  I have been sparring with this Goblin since we arrived on the Border and sought to capture him once and for all.  I felt that by taking him, we might gain intelligence regarding the activities of the goblins, orcs and evil dwarfs that have set up some sort of outpost around the cave of Morrís Gate.  My men had the advantage of a bright sunrise and some rather thick fog. The approach had been cleared beforehand by a company of Halfling Shortbows and the Hunters of Sigmar were at the ready to spirit away the captives.  The men charged bravely and made off with several of the startled goblins.  We had the upper hand until a great horde of orcs returned to the camp midway through our attack (back from some pillage no doubt).  We did not anticipate these reserves and sadly, my men were quickly overwhelmed.  May Sigmar have mercy on Sergeant Streicher and his men - they died brave Reiklanders.  None of the captives we interrogated knew anything of value about the fortifications at Morrís Gate or the Crown.  I fear that our next move may be somewhat compromised due to our failure to capture the Snoot but I have faith that Sigmar will protect us in all our endeavors.

Respectfully,

Commander Dolohev Stonheim III
1st Reiklanders, Helstromís 4th Army

Army Name: 1st Reiklanders, Helstrom's 4th
General: Commander Dolohev Stonheim III
Battle Size:  150 pts - skirmish
Outcome:  Minor Defeat
Objective: capture the enemy
Fluff Objective: Capture the goblin warboss and his bodyguard
Cool moment:  Skirmish is intense.  I got overwhelmed late in the game and died to the last man.

Commander Dolohev Stonheim III, 1st Reiklanders, Helstrom's 4th.  Recipient of the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation, the Scroll of Ludendorf and the Shield of Sigmar's Wrath.

Offline Sergeant36

• Members
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2007, 11:12:47 PM »
High Commander Rodimutz, Helstromís 4th Army:

Sir, we followed our unsuccessful raid two days ago with steady pressure on the greenskins.  I continue to press the army deeper into the forest as we leave no stone unturned in our search for the Crown and any that would stand in our way.  We have been working our way through the forest for several days and are now many leagues from the road.  The eerie quiet of these ancient glades makes this Reiklander long for the bawdy alehouses of home; some nights, the deathly silence is enough to chill a man's very soul.  This afternoon, the vanguard of the army met a force of orcs beneath the forestís canopy.  We quickly moved up the battalions and sought to corner the enemy and therefore force him to battle.  It appears that the greenskins were attempting to ambush us but the brutes could not decide whether to fight or retreat from our forces and there was much squabbling in their ranks before they decided to advance.  Brother Myron led the Hunters of Sigmar on the left flank and the thunder of their hooves brought terror to the goblins and they turned tail and ran, abandoning their kin.  The Hunters then smashed into a battery of hastily entrenched bolt throwers and destroyed their pitiful "artillery".  In the center, Brothers Thabius and Lucas began to recite the Littany of Unforgiveness and whipped the men into a righteous fury.  So great was the menís hatred of the greenskins for the injustice they have lain upon our people that I could barely command them!  They charged the startled orcs and the goblins were left to gnash their teeth in frustration as they got bogged down in the forestís thicket.  Brother Lucas led the spearmen in a frontal charge against a unit of huge orcs and then smashed two to the ground with mighty swings of his hammer.  The spearmen drove their weapons home and the orcs fell as if they were wheat before the scythe.  Their orc boss howled with pain as our blows hit home, then turned and spurred his boar towards the wood line; so great was the fury of our men that even he lost his courage and ran like a whipped dog.  I ordered the men not to pursue as the darkness of this forest hides many dangers and did not wish them to fall victim in their excitement.  Tonight we camp on our field of victory!  Tomorrow, we will continue our advance towards Morr's Gate.

Respectfully,

Commander Dolohev Stonheim III
1st Reiklanders, Helstromís 4th Army

Army Name: 1st Reiklanders, Helstrom's 4th
General: Commander Dolohev Stonheim III
Battle Size:  975 pts vs. 1000
Outcome:  Solid Victory
Objective: destroy the enemy
Fluff Objective: Battle in the Deep Forest
Cool moment:  Pretty much everything went right for me in this one.  Solid use of Empire tactics & unbreakable units equals fleeing enemy!
Commander Dolohev Stonheim III, 1st Reiklanders, Helstrom's 4th.  Recipient of the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation, the Scroll of Ludendorf and the Shield of Sigmar's Wrath.

Offline Patch

• Members
  • What would Chuck Norris do?
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2007, 10:39:58 AM »
Region: Uk (The Barren Hills)
Armies: Empire Vs Skaven
Army Name: Altdorf 2nd Div
General: Hans Von Wynter
Battle Size:  3000points
Outcome:  Solid Victory
Fluff Objective: Make the Rat men pay!
Cool moment: The Banner of Storms running out of power on the start of the Empire 2nd turn, and two mortars and a Helstorm wrecking terror throughout the Skaven ranks - no less than 6 hit rolls over the course of the game.
Uncool Moment: Having my Greatswords being charged by the Screaming bell and it's stormvermin, and flank charged by his general and clanrats, then having the bell ring to cause Terror...
The (less than) triumphant return...

Offline crouching lictor

• Members
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2007, 04:47:13 PM »
General Rodimutz, Helstrom's 4th,

After being reinforced by my Tilean allies I sent the Black Company on the march once again. My remaining scouts were able to pick up the High Elves trail and we tracked them to their encampment near the Hanging Tree. The scouts were compromised by the elves own outriders and after a brief exchange, my scouts returned to the column to report. With surprise lost, I ordered the Company into line of battle and went straight in to the fight. The elves put tremendous pressure on my left flank by concentrating their forces there in attempt to overwhelm them and stall my cavalry's involvement in the battle. The High Elf magic was indeed fearsome and caused a number os casualties amongst the ranks. My lancers swept around behind the High Elf encampment and destroyed their war machines before being routed by a group of great eagles. The pikes did an excellent job of stalling the elf main attack while my cavalry moved into position to flank the elf battle line and destroy his regiments in detail. Caught between the anvil of pikes and the hammer of the cavalry and ogres, the elves were routed and destroyed. While conducting reorganization and reconsolidation I was met by an Imperial herald stating that a massive Imperial and allied army was massing at the Hanging Tree to destroy the foul menace and that a host of darkness was also being assembled and that the Black Company was needed. Without hesitation I ordered the Company forward to join the Imperial army there.

Respectfully,
General Wolfgang Greiss

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2007, 09:11:57 PM »
Region: US
Armies: Empire Vs Dwarves
Army Name: Helstroms 4th 'Averland Guard'
General: Arthur Frankford - Orator Of War
Battle Size:  1500points
Outcome:  Minor Victory
Fluff Objective: Destroy the Oath Breakers
Cool moment: My 25 block of greatswords with a warrior priest and 25-man swordsmen unit with de-mounted captasus charging a long beard unit w/ general on two sides and running it down. Other cool moment is outnumbering dwarves 3-1
Uncool Moment: Swordsmen being unable to wound (actually hitting was the bigger problem, even though I only needed a 4...) a single dwarf after well over 30 attacks. Or my cannon misfiring on the third turn after not killing a single thing (rolled 10's and 8's and overshot everytime) (btw this was a different swordsmen unit)
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2007, 09:27:47 PM »
Region: US - Talabec Borders
Armies: Empire vs Druchii
Army Name: Army of Gorim
General: Earl Jodas ap Theron
Battle Size: 1500
Fluff Objective: Secure landing zone for warships
Outcome: Massacre
Cool Moment: The Hunters of Sigmar steamrolling everything in their path.
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline embir

• Members
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2007, 08:19:07 AM »
Armies: Empire vs. Dwarfs
Army Name: Army of Mannheim - Helstorms 4th
General: Heidrich von Ravenburg
Objective: None
Fluff Objective: None
Outcome: Massacre. On the 4th turn there were no single dwarf unit.
Cool Moment: General on Griffon, thanks to van Horstmann Speculum, killed dwarven lord, broke his unit of Longbeards  and hit into the flank of another unit of warriors.

Final thoughts: Count on Griffon is lethal when used properly, same goes to Steam Tank. Those two units need fast troops to support them. If that is the case they rock.
man these ratings go up and down like a bretonian Lady's Chastity belt

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2007, 10:17:47 AM »
Region: Uk (Egendorf*)
Armies: Empire Vs Chaos mortals
Army Name: The Talabheim Garrison
General: Captain Silbermeister
Battle Size:  2250 points
Outcome:  Massacre
Fluff Objective: Burn the heretics
Cool moment: Cannon getting a flank shot into Chaos knights' flank  :-D and same cannon destroying 2 chariots.

* I am situated in Nothern Europe but GW has registered me as a UKian... so i play for the UK now
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline McKnight

• Members
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2007, 10:22:56 AM »
Armies: Empire Vs orcs and Wood elves
Battle Size: 1000 points
Outcome:  Massacred
Objective: Non-Pitch Battle (no wood for woodies)
Fluff Objective: Patrol
Cool moment: A halberdier detachment rolled 4 on a breaktest (which was needed to stay) while my large spearman block didnt.
Uncool moment: My BSB unit needed insane courage but didnt get it on both rolls. For fun sake i tried a third time... and i got two ones... :icon_mad:

* I am situated in Nothern Europe but GW has registered me as a UKian... so i play for the UK now
[/quote]

Offline von Bildhofen

• Members
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2007, 12:42:54 PM »
Hehe the great dane McKnight has rallied the men of the empire to search for the crown
Hi good work .. im just sad that i havent myselves attended the campaign, but i love to read the battlereports.. especially the Uncool/cool parts :D

Offline McKnight

• Members
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2007, 08:49:53 PM »
Hehe the great dane McKnight has rallied the men of the empire to search for the crown
Hi good work .. im just sad that i havent myselves attended the campaign, but i love to read the battlereports.. especially the Uncool/cool parts :D
Hehe well I dont know if im great, but im doing my part :-D

Armies: Empire Vs Chaos
Battle Size: 2250 points
Fluff Objective: Burning out the heretics!
Cool moment: Nothing exciptional happened... Besides my BSB wounding on all 3 attacks and when mentioning that it is my Warrior priest who is dispelling a very important spell and gets a 1 and three 6's! The chaos general targeted my BSB in closecombat but only got one wound in, which was saved(see uncool moment).
Uncool moment: Wizard miscasts first turn... Guess what..he miscasts the second aswell. He is condemned as a heretic as he flees from the enemy giant. BSB gets killed by marauder unit champ with GW...

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2007, 09:01:14 PM »

20-24th July

The Irregulars have marched hither and thither about the Barren Hills in search of the crown.

The roads have proved easy to travel, being controlled by many brigades of the Hunters of Sigmar.  And many times when marching through the forest our forces made contact with our Imperial forces making a big push to clear the forest.

Whenever our scouts reported enemy forces we dispatched carrier pigeons to alert fellow Imperial forces and Lord Veldemere at the Helstrum 4th HQ in Egonsdorf.

On the 24th the Irregulars, once again, found ourselves facing the Dwarfs of Lord Morim Ironhammer.  Though both sides are careful to observe polite rules of engagement the recent conflicts have led to some ill feelings.  A great rivalry is growing between us and the army of Lord Ironhammer.  At least it keeps both sides combat ready!

I must say that the Irregulars have gained much confidence from their past battles with Lord Ironhammerís forces.  Though the thunder of the dwarf fire may have deterred lesser men, our troops marched through it and saw off the dwarfs.

The search for the crown continues.  Though I must admit that my personal feelings follow the example of Luthor Huss, seeking this crown is folly.  Though I will follow the commands of my superior officers and Emperor always.

Region: UK (Egonsdorf)
Armies: Empire Vs Dwarf
Army Name: Helstrum's 4th Talabheim Irregulars
Fluff Objective: Seek the crown/control the roads
Cool moment: Imperial Banner makes panic tests much easier to pass.

Hey McKnight, nice to have your reinforcements arriving in Egonsdorf.  Congratulations on your victory over the forces of chaos.

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2007, 09:28:11 PM »

25th July

Rumours of a newly unearthed tomb near the Tower of Vigilance found me leading the Irregulars to investigate.  This sounded like the kind of place one might find a crown.

As we neared the tomb we quickly realised that it was not a place where the dead rest.  The unquiet dead roamed the area around the tomb.  As we approached in battle formation the legions of the dead shambled into view.

I was more than happy to let High Priest Klast lead the Irregulars for this battle.  Singing rousing hymns to Sigmar the Irregulars marched forward.

Buoyed up by recent victories the Irregulars easily fought there way through the skeletons and zombies facing them.  The Hunters of Sigmar also shone, crushing the undead knights that opposed them.

The battle ended with High Priest Klast facing the vampire leading the undead force.  Though the undead creature was unearthly strong and fast, faith in Sigmar prevailed.  And the vampire was struck down, the undead force dispersed.

As it was fast approaching dark we decided to make camp some distance from the tomb and investigate tomorrow.

Region: UK (Tower of Vigilance)
Armies: Empire Vs VC
Fluff Objective: Seek the crown/investigate tomb
Cool moment: Arch Lector meets Blood Dragon, AL survives till BDs unit is flanked and crushed.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »
Clausewitz, keeping up the Empire end for the Barren Hills still. Well done mate (sadly I am having a bit of a bad time at the moment), and to you McKnight. 8th in the region, my arse!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2007, 01:55:29 PM »
Cheers Veldemere (I have posted on your VC woes in the dwarf cheese thread).

26th July

After a long an restless night camped near the Tower of Vigilance, the Irregular were marshalled by High Priest Klast for the attack on the tomb itself.

As soon as our cannon were set into position to provide covering fire for the attack the undead forces emerged from their hiding places and began marching towards us.

Dark shapes circled above our troops, and they swiftly descended on our guns, frightening off the crews.

It seemed as though yesterdays losses had made no difference to the ranks of the undead.  With several large regiments advancing through our handgunnerís accurate but ineffectual fire.  There was damage done to the undead though, occasional flashes of dazzling light accompanied the spells of our Light wizard. 

As the infantry lines engaged it seemed like the Irregulars were being worn down.  For as many skeletons and zombies that were killed more rose to take their place.  High Priest Klast was hard pressed to hold the troops in place against the fearsome undead.

The battle was saved by our pistoliers, who had ridden carefully around the back of the undead army.  There they spotted the clutch of necromancers, whose magic sustained the undead.  In a brave charge they attacked the necromancers unit.  Though they were forced to flee they managed to slay two of the necromancers.  Without the dark magic to sustain them the undead army was pushed back until they crumbled to dust at our feet.

The undead threat over for the time being the ancient tomb was searched.  But alas nothing was found that gave any clue to the whereabouts of the crown.

High Priest Klast returned in a fury.  I will not repeat his words here, but he has refused to lead any army in search of the crown.  He is a strong supporter of Luthor Huss and leads daily prayers to Sigmar among the men, extolling Sigmar to show the evil of the crown to our beloved Emperor.

Region: UK (Tower of Vigilance)
Armies: Empire Vs VC
Fluff Objective: Seek the crown/investigate tomb
Cool moment: Pistoliers killing two necros after sneaking up on the necro bunker (face me or face rear charge).

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2007, 05:40:35 PM »
Region: US
Armies: Empire vs. High Elves
Army Name: Federal Army Of The Empire
General: Simon "Donnerhertz" Rodimutz
Battle Size: 2000 points
Cool Moment:  Prayer of Soulfire taking out an entire unit of Silver Helms
I'm in college!

Offline McKnight

• Members
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2007, 10:26:57 AM »
Cool Moment:  Prayer of Soulfire taking out an entire unit of Silver Helms

Well all elves are magical beings... hence the heretic burning! :-D Nice job :happy: