home

Author Topic: To keep from being called two faced yet again.  (Read 3419 times)

Offline Daft

• Members
To keep from being called two faced yet again.
« on: August 02, 2007, 07:15:15 AM »
As you know, the ogres at the ogre stronghold have been working for us during this campaign.  Their goal for this campaign has morphed a bit into hoping to hold Mattengard at the end of this conflict.  The hope that it may become an Ogre Stronghold where mercenary ogres come for work.  This could work out even if they do not control the entire city.  Perhaps a region of it could become Ogre Alley. 

Why does this matter?  Because, I have ordered them to dump all of their attacks in the Talabec border into Mattenguard for the duration of the campaign.  Furthermore, purly for gaming reasons, I ordered them to target empire and bretonnian players where necessary.  Despite the fact that dwarfs and Empire have no reason to continue warring, I feel I would be doing the ogres a disservice by ordering them to back off Mattengard or sorp fighting the Emoire.  I believe it is the only way they can hope to acomplish their goal.  Their numbers are small, so they need to be coordinated in their efforts.  Their forum has been very good to those from Bugman's and I want to heop them as much as I can.

Let me know if this is going to be a major obstacle.

Offline Ostermarker

• Members
Re: To keep from being called two faced yet again.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:17:02 AM »
Wouldn't it be better for having a part of the city to work alongside the Empire? Then they could be gifted part of it, so they woul create "Ogre Alley" as you called it. Then they would be welcomed by the Empire's army (more mercenary work), high ranking civilians as trustworthy (more bodyguard work) and be able to attract more Ogres.

See, people can have stuff without brute force. The ogres here gain Mattengard, or at least part of it. By saying they are helping out the Empire in exchange for land around Mattengard or land in Mattengard, their objectives are complete.

So, they don't have to fight us after all.
So, Ostmarkers wear purple, but it's manly purple, not like that Bretonnian purple.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 11:49:50 AM »
I think it's fine.  In reality they can attack where they want, but I'd hope it wouldn't come from the mouth of a Dwarf directly...but I get your point.  I think that your effort in telling us has gone a long way to not anger people.  When motives are known then others can't think for you, and infer something that isn't there.  Thanks for the heads up.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 04:03:52 PM »
No problem...

If it were lizardmen or brets or dwarves I might dissapprove, but I have never had a problem facing ogres in combat... more victories for me!

lol
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Daft

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 04:23:06 PM »
@Ostermarker

I would agree that obtaining a ogre ally, or Little Maw in Mattenguard would be wonderful without violence.  As we all know though, no one knows the criteria GW has for doing anything.  Perhaps, the ogres have to finish in front of you in the Talabec to gain anything.

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 07:10:23 PM »
Larry, Moe, & Curly, Maneaters and Attorny's ate Law.  Currently practicing in the alleyway behind Madame Rosalita's Would be happy to draft a deed and write up a contract.  I would suggest that if they get their own Quarter that it be near the stockyards.  If an Ogre bull forgets his manners, I would much prefer that he snack on Bessie the Cow rather than Frau Helga.
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline Patch

• Members
  • What would Chuck Norris do?
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 04:02:53 AM »
I would suggest that if they get their own Quarter that it be near the stockyards.  If an Ogre bull forgets his manners, I would much prefer that he snack on Bessie the Cow rather than Frau Helga.

"What about the Smell?"
"Oh, don't worry, the cows won't mind"

Had to throw that one in, sorry.
The (less than) triumphant return...

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 03:47:57 PM »
No problem...

If it were lizardmen or brets or dwarves I might dissapprove, but I have never had a problem facing ogres in combat... more victories for me!

lol
I said that yesterday morning, and yesterday I played a 2250 pt game against ogres

Utter Massacre. He killed a total of 4 knights (I think that was it... maybe a couple greatswords) and at the end of turn 6 all he had left was a gorger (with 2 wounds and was about to get hit by 5 repeater handguns, helblaster and a cannon) and a single bull (which was nowhere near anything)

It was a great game. I had a solid deployment setup and made some good decisions, where he just couldn't get past either the rank bonus of my troops or the 1+ AS on my knights. I took a fairly solid list, but I wouldn't call it overboard. He took (2) scraplaunchers but my cannons killed them both before they hit anything
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves