home

Author Topic: Empire vs Empire 9th Age  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Egon

• Members
Empire vs Empire 9th Age
« on: February 06, 2016, 02:03:10 AM »
So. A friend of mine has started playing Empire again I'll be facing him in a few weeks. I wanted to make a different kind of list, mostly for fun but also to some things about the general balance of Ninth age. Therefor I'm leaving both the steamtank and artillery at home and instead I went for the list below.
My opponent will probably bring a small unit of reiters, 40+ halberdiers, 30+ imperial guards, some griffons, some elite knights, a stank a militia unit similar to mine, some artillery and twenty-ish crossbowmen.

The plan should be fairly obvious. The KC and the Inquisitor (Witch Hunter) will be riding with the Knightly order. The BSB will stay in the second rank of the smaller Electoral Cavalry unit. That unit will be kept in reserve and formed in ranks of 3 to protect my BSB. The larger unit of Core cavalry will smash stuff, the Reiters will harass stuff and chew warmachines. The Archwizard will just hide behind everything else along with the militia and the mounted lvl 1-wiz will either be in the same unit as the BSB or with the Knightly order. His only job is to melt things with the signature spell.
The griffs will mostly look scary so that I can line up flank charges with the other units.

The only thing I'm having a hard time deciding is if the Archwiz should take Wilderness or Nature. They both do pretty much the same but Wilderness is better on the offence whereas Nature is better on the defence and allows me to resurrect stuff. All suggestions and ideas are welcome. :)

Lords
Archwizard
Talisman of Supreme Shielding
Level 4 Wizard Master
Path of Nature OR Path of Wilderness

Knight Commander
The Winter Cloak, Horse, Ogre Sword

Battle Standard Bearer, Hardened Shield, Horse, Plate Armour, Sword of Haste

Inquisitor
Blessed Sword, Horse, Lucky Shield, Plate Armour

Wizard
Dispel Scroll, Horse
Level 1 Wizard Apprentice
Path of Alchemy

Core
Electoral Cavalry
Champion, Imperial Cavalry, Musician
12x Electoral Cavalry w lance & Shield
Standard Bearer w War Standard

Electoral Cavalry
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer
9x Electoral Cavalry w lance & Shield

State Militia
Champion, Musician
15x State Militia w pistol

Knightly Orders FCM Lance & Shield
Banner of Discipline

Reiters
Champion, Musician
6x Reiter
6x Brace of Pistols, 6x Heavy Armour

Reiters
Champion, Musician
6x Reiter
6x Brace of Pistols, 6x Heavy Armour

4x Knights of the Sun Griffon
Musician, Lance & Shield

Offline Minsc

• Members
  • Grumpy Berserker of Rashemen.
Re: Empire vs Empire 9th Age
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 12:43:54 AM »
No mounted preacher?

Offline Egon

• Members
Re: Empire vs Empire 9th Age
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 08:03:50 PM »
No mounted preacher?

Nah, I'm hoping I won't need one. I have made one change though, I'm changing the Wizard Lord to a lvl 3 with the Tome that gives him an extra spell. This saves me 10 points which is enough to give him Shrieking Swords (causes fear) just to make him a little more annoying if anoyone manages to charge that unit. :)

The battle is on Tuesday so I have until then to decide if I'm using Nature or Wilderness.