home

Author Topic: Alliance?  (Read 1021 times)

Offline DanielHellion

• Members
Alliance?
« on: August 12, 2005, 04:46:57 PM »
Helblaster_Of_Sigmar and I were talking about the campaign(no, I did not let anything slip) and he came up with an interesting proposition. He says that they(Talabelcand) want to take Kaltenbach, but not while still fighting us. Thus he sent me here to try and obtain a sort of truce.

Let us face the facts. Middenland is winning, plain and simple. They(Talabelcand) want to change that. We want to change that. The only way they will attack Middenland is if they feel sure we will leave them alone long enough to take Kaltenbach at least, at most, till the mids are gone. I think this will work to our advantage, because they do not have the strength to fight us or the Midds head on. So we ally with T-Land, drive out the Midds from the campaign map, and then T-Land will be easy pickings.

So, shall we tell them we shall ally with them?
'Ello Poppet!

Offline PygmyHippo

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Washington, DC, U.S.A.
Alliance?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 05:17:34 PM »
Well, there's a strong chance it's bogus, but you never know.  In any case, I think the High Command (Demonslayer, TheBuilder and Heretic) should do the negotiating.

For my part, I'd say an alliance is a perfect opportunity for a double-cross: meaning we could doublecross the Talabecs.  

But it makes you wonder about their motives.  You see, why would Talabecland want us to ally with them?  Middenland is doing well, true, but it is obvious that Middenland is expending all of its energy on us, and we on them, so Talabecland doesn't need us as an ally.  If Talabecland put all it's forces against Middenland and just left a few troops to stall us on the Talabec border, since we are so committed elsewhere it doesn't seem like a logical request.  Personally, it just seems like a silly idea on their part since it's essentially superfluous, which leads me to think as Admiral Ackbar once said "It's a trap."  

The alliance might work, who knows.  Could it hurt us?  Maybe.  Could it help us?  Sure, I guess.  Of course, I leave all this in the capable hands of the Leadership.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Alliance?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 06:41:07 PM »
It does seem a bit odd.  They're expending all of their energy onto our front, and really not making tremendous gains from it, so maybe they want to lull us into a false state of complacency/safety/satisfaction, and then hit us hard while our guard is down.  Then again, maybe they want a cease fire so they can make an ambush raid onto the Middenlander's open flank so they can gain territories there.  It just seems funny when we're semi close to gaining control of Rhya's Sisters...I mean this could benefit us, but why gamble everything on a shaky alliance, especially at this point.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Alliance?
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 07:12:31 PM »
I'll go with it, but I have some terms of my own. Since this is all really suspicious, and we can't afford to lose much more, I'd like to see whether Talabecland can keep true to its word. These are my terms:

- Talabecland will, for the length of the first day of the truce, report all it's battles at Kaltenbach. That means no strengthening Rhya's Sisters behind our backs, and no capturing Bechafen while we are focussing our forces elsewhere. If any Talabecland member decides to post there, the deal is off.
- During this period we will not attack Ryha's Sisters, but we are free to attack Bechafen, defend Udo's Fall, defend Hohleburg, AND attack Middenland.
- After the first day of the truce, Talabecland and Middenland will not attack each other for the duration of the truce, which will last until either Middenland is slain, or until one of both parties clearly states BEFOREHAND that the truce has ended.
- During the entire length of the truce, Talabecland will do nothing to take Bechafen. Since they don't have any power there to begin with, I'm sure that this will not be a problem.

If Talabecland agrees to these terms, then we shall invade Middenland and leave Talabecland for what it is.
At this point the terms are still being set up, we will give our final terms after debate on our forum.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline DanielHellion

• Members
Alliance?
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 07:19:12 PM »
And of course you will be wanting fries with that? Those terms don't even make sense, but I have forwarded them to the inbox of HoS. I expect a reply soon.
'Ello Poppet!

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Alliance?
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 07:21:57 PM »
They do. If Talabecland follows by them, then they will not attack us, nor use the oppurtunity to increase their scores at their own locations while letting us do the hard work, nor fight us at Bechafen.
Just an insurance for our side.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
Alliance?
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 08:19:40 PM »
Guys, I'm going to have to ask you to stop all of these negotiations at once. This campaign will be conducted through the forums, and the forums alone. The forums don't allow you to send secret messages between factions so diplomacy will simply not be an issue in this campaign.
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline DanielHellion

• Members
Alliance?
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 11:16:18 PM »
I just got a call from HoS and am just posting here that I understand as well. Sorry for this. *it was all his idea!!* You should prolly lock this thread, it is serving no purpose.
'Ello Poppet!

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
Alliance?
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2005, 09:27:12 AM »
Cheers, no harm done ;)
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties