home

Author Topic: Hobby Goals 2024 !!!  (Read 714 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Hobby Goals 2024 !!!
« on: January 10, 2024, 02:16:51 AM »
GP's Top Priorities …

1.   Finish scenery and figures for 2 more 1814 World War One skirmish scenarios.
2.   Design scenario, scenery, and unit selections for a new Crecy scenario based on newest info
3.   Design a south flank of Little Round Top scenario for 40mm figures
4.   Prepare area for work on refurbishing my 54mm diorama of the Concord North Bridge skirmish.

More Likely Left Overs …
5.   Finish unpacking boxes of miniatures and other hobby related stuff from my last move.
6.   Partake in at least as many miniature games as in 2021 and 2022 ... 26 each, yet aim for my 2023 total of 33.

Less Likely Left Overs …
7.   Play at least 1 board game solitaire, and equal my 2021 count for in person board games of 7.
8.   Get as many of my Wars of the Roses figures painted as possible.
9.   Finish painting a 2nd unit of Genovese crossbows on foot.
10.   Get some 28mm Napoleonic cav, artillery, and infantry painted, plus rebase some infantry purchased in 2022.
11.   Finalize my hobby website so I can start hosting pictures on it, and maybe post pictures here.

Do you have any hobby goals for 2024 :icon_question:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline JAK

• Members
Re: Hobby Goals 2024 !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 09:57:22 AM »
I haven’t thought about projects for this year so this is an update of my failed goals for 2023 which never got started.

1) The photo is of the 11 projects I have not finished and go from needing to be built to being painted and based.

2) I have enough parts for 2 dragons but not a complete kit so I’ve been tempted to kit-bash at least one  (there is mention of dragons in Discworld so no excuse not to).

3a) I need to restore the photos destroyed and lost by Photobucket. These are older figures and may require a little repair so I’m going to take the opportunity to rebase them, (TOW style).

3b) Rather than the City Watch cobble bases these will be a bit more rural so I need to work out what and plan to purchase necessary tufts etc..

3b) Once done will update or add to newer thread on Forum.

4) I have notes on a few other Discworld related military units that I could build so will be looking for figures to start them. I did build one last year which doesn’t appear in the above photo.

5) I have 40+ little bags each holding a figure and the name of a Discworld character related to the undead/lowlife of Ankh-Morpork; the Guild of Beggars, the Fresh Start Club, The Black Ribboners, etc. which was to be the next project after the City Watch back in the mid 2010s.

6) Unseen University was to have followed 5) but these are just notes at present.

7) I’ve been given an old 00 gauge engine and a couple of wagons, so I could model ‘Raising Steam’. I don’t have space for a model railway but I’ve been pointed in the direction of boxfile layouts. Basically these will hold a point and enough track to hold 2/3 small wagons with the track exiting through a hole/tunnel in the side of the box and so become a small vignette with a bit of movement. I need to get the loco tested to see if it’ll go first but I like the idea of a working Dwarf mine and if successful other boxes and vignettes could easily be linked together and more importantly stored when not in use. If GW re-issue the Dwarf miners for TOW this project might have a better chance of being looked at.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 04:09:33 PM »
Very rough, very idealized goals.

1) I've built up a stock of scenery, got some for christmas and got some more coming. I want to try and paint it all up and have a new tables worth of finished, painted scenery for the end of the year.

2) Paint up the big new Bret Army Box coming. Would be nice to have a completed old fantasy army by the end of the year.

3) Finish my latest group warhammer gift. Kustom Konverted dudes, one for each person in my gaming circle. I've been slowly gathering the parts, but stalled because I need to buy one last kit for it but my budget is shot after Christmas and the Bret box.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 07:25:26 PM »
Hobby goals.

Finish an Old World Empire Army (Mainly just rebase my old 8th ed army and add some models)

Play 2 games of The Old World.

Go to the Eurobash

Offline b0007452

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 10:05:27 PM »
Reposting this in the appropriate thread:

1. Keep painting my Empire. Complete my Free Company, Swordsmen, Hellblaster, Pistoliers at least in 2024.
2. Paint my Redemptionists and Escher Necromunda gangs.
3. Paint my Necromunda scenery and sort my 3x3 gaming mat to run a cool campaign.
4. Run said Necromunda campaign, tp a degree that my mates enjoy it.
5. Dip my toes in to The Old World with at least one game this year.

Looking forward to being back in the hobby properly this year  :::cheers:::
:) My Slowly Growing Army of Bogenhafen - http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=44020 :)

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 08:25:01 AM »
My hobby goals for 2024:
  • Complete my Orc kill Team
  • Complete my Mordheim Kislev Warband
  • Assemble and paint my new The Old World Empire army (Halfling Horde)
  • Finally finish my Genestealer Cult Necromunda Gang
  • Paint more miniatures then I buy  :?
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.