home

Author Topic: Final orders!  (Read 5841 times)

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2005, 09:59:52 AM »
Heh heh... squish 'em all  :twisted: .

At any rate, the plan now is to fully focus on taking the Uneasy Watchmen back. We only have a very small difference in control rate there, about 1450. We should be able to contest that area without any problems, especially with the new bonus...
Taking back Udo's Fall will be less of a priority. Talabecland has already stated it will be attacking Middenland heavily, and we don't want to draw their attention, now do we? We'll put very little effort in Udo's Fall, perhaps just enough to take it back, but our focus is on the Uneasy Watchmen.

Good luck to all... We'll fight our way out of this yet  :twisted: .
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline DanielHellion

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2005, 02:10:23 AM »
Quote from: Demonslayer
We'll fight our way out of this yet  :twisted: .

That is looking increasingly unlikely..... :?
'Ello Poppet!

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
Final orders!
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2005, 05:13:30 AM »
Especially as our current plan means we have only 1 territory, and 1 contested AT BEST, with no real lines of attack open.

I'm with Builder, I say take back Udo's so we can put some force into Bechafen next turn, not 2 turns away maybe.  I think the bonus is an apple thats going to drive us from our plan.  The Ulricans are already defending the Watchman so it will take even more effort than you may think.  They are starting to pour into the Bechafen as well, giving them 2-3 rounds of being able to take it with the current plan.

So I say clinch Udo's now or forget attacking the centre ever.

Rik
Sometimes the "Old Ones" just need to leave.....

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2005, 11:44:39 AM »
Errr, you guys... this thread is really just for posting the current battle plan... it's okay if you don't agree with it, but please, start the discussion somewhere else. This could get confusing.

For the record, I'm not saying stay completely clear of Udo's Fall, retaking it would be very helpful indeed. But put your main focus on fighting Middenland. If we can get the Watchmen contested, then Middenland will have to be focusing on two of it's locations.
So far we have been losing because we were outnumbered. Now we have a chance to do the same to Middenland. There's nothing I'd like more than to retake all our positions AND take Bechafen in two rounds, but that is very unlikely. We can, however, at the worst, keep Middenland busy here, aiding Talabecland in contesting Kaltenbach. I'm not saying we're helping Talabecland all of the sudden, but if that location becomes contested (which is very likely, seeing as how Middenland can't possibly stop Talabecland without focusing on us), then Middenland will have to redirect all of it's forces to recapture Kaltenbach, giving us the oppurtunity to take the Watchmen.
For now, it is just wiser to leave Talabecland alone... retake Udo's Fall if you can, but focus mainly on the Watchmen.

And now if you have anything to add to this discussion, start a new thread.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2005, 11:57:59 AM »
Latest orders (after long debate):

-me, DanielHellion and wojammer attack the Watchmen, hopefully tipping the scale of control in our favour, or at least keep the Middenlanders from attacking Hohleburg and Udo's Fall.
-everybody else (and I mean EVERYBODY ELSE) attacks Udo's Fall, and retake it. Then we'll have a way into Bechafen

Offline wojammer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2005, 02:13:12 PM »
And during the chaos of battle if you come across a middenlander,let them feel the slow slice of your cold steel.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2005, 08:01:43 AM »
Attention all generals!

We're being attacked at Udo's Fall! We need to defend this position now, so post your battles there. Further, taking Bechafen is still a priority, so post lots of skirmishes there, and a battle every now and then.
Once Udo's Fall is secure, we'll be invading both Bechafen and the Uneasy Watchmen head on.

Good luck.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2005, 10:18:08 AM »
Attention all Stirland generals!

Your orders for this round:

Drive the Talabeclanders from Udo's Fall.
Defend the Uneasy Watchmen from the Middenlanders
Take Bechafen posting skirmishes

We'll take our territory back now, and afterwards, we move out in full force, destroying all those brain-dead enough to stand in our path...

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2005, 10:53:20 AM »
Orders for round 8: attack the uneasy watchmen. The difference in control rate there is much smaller than in Udo's Fall, so we have the best chance of at least contesting it.

Offline DanielHellion

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2005, 02:50:20 PM »
Well, Helblaster gave me some tips, and then I played Middenland_is_Okay. It was realy easy, and I managed a full quato, I will post them at the Watchman.
'Ello Poppet!

Offline Fred

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2005, 12:54:34 PM »
Has everyone given up?

Offline towishimp

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2005, 02:54:39 PM »
I have.  Aside from all the trash-ralking/bickering that soured me on the whole thing, it was just starting to seem pointless.  One round, we'd get killed, then get a modifier to keep us in the fight.  Next round, we'd come roaring back, but then the other teams would get an even better modifier that would save them.  Those two factors, plus the fact that school's started back up, haven't exactly left me with much will to continue.  Sorry.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2005, 05:18:32 PM »
We probably have contested the watchman simply because there has been no focus there from middenland.  the other two are figthing it out for bechafen.  Even next round we wont be able to post there but perhaps we could retake the watchman or contest udos.  At the beginning of round 8 we didnt really have a chance of winning anymore.
The long road back to Stirland...

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
Final orders!
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2005, 08:31:32 PM »
Quote from: towishimp
I have.  Aside from all the trash-ralking/bickering that soured me on the whole thing, it was just starting to seem pointless.  One round, we'd get killed, then get a modifier to keep us in the fight.  Next round, we'd come roaring back, but then the other teams would get an even better modifier that would save them.  Those two factors, plus the fact that school's started back up, haven't exactly left me with much will to continue.  Sorry.

Hi Towish,

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way! It was kindof obvious by rounds 6-7 that Stirland didn't have much fight left - a lot of people seemed to drop out quite suddenly. This is an important observation for us, as we should really have liked to keep the campaign more interesting for a losing faction as well. With only 3 "home" locations, and the inevitable 2-on-1 game that gets played when you have 3 rivals, there wasn't all that much we could do though, without making it too corny. We tried with the Kaltenbach events, but the Talabeclanders didn't take the bait, and when it was over they all fell back in the old pattern anyway.

We will be having an extensive evaluation of this campaign, in public, when it is over, and I hope you (and anyone else who was somehow disappointed by the campaign) will chip in - getting the praise is nice, but we really need to know about the bits that weren't so good, so we can do better next time.

Again, sorry.

--GH
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2005, 07:56:12 PM »
I (and i am sure many others) still had a great deal of fun.  To a certain extent 2 vs 1 made it pretty interesting.  We really felt as if the decisions we made would really have an effect.  It seemed that all middenland and talabecland had to do was decide how much to post at bechafen while posting at the border with stirland.
The long road back to Stirland...

Offline towishimp

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2005, 05:22:59 AM »
I agree with TheBuilder on both counts.  I had a ton of fun in the beginning, and I did enjoy the strategic decisions that we Stirlanders had to make.  What soured me is that the other sides didn't seem to face those same tough choices, and there was nothing we could do about it.  Even when we tried to press home our only advantage -- sheer numbers -- that advantage was negated by hefty modifiers.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm