home

Author Topic: Warrior Priests  (Read 16305 times)

Offline Rodman49

• Members
Re: Warrior Priests
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 04:42:37 PM »
I would like a special rule where the priest grants the blessed weapon thingy to the whole unit he is accompanying....I mean he can do all that blessing before battle and it is a stupid item for 15 points for HE.

Better would be magical flaming attacks for the unit he accompanies.

Haha, look at this agreement.  I don't know about flaming also though.  I think that would be much cooler for like Bright Wizards or something you know?

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2009, 07:01:54 PM »
How bout soul fire for the whole of the unit  :biggriin:

I mean if a warrior priest with a spittle flecked beard can't inspire soulfire in a whole unit of great swords he ain't worth much in my book.  And what about, imprecations of Hatred, on a D6 roll of 5-6 the WP reinspires hatred in both himself and any unit attached to him.  Done potentially as an alternative to prayers (buzy preaching instead of praying) or as well as prayers.

Your thoughts again?

"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline Pistol Pete

• Members
  • Pistolicious!
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 12:43:34 AM »
Better would be magical flaming attacks for the unit he accompanies.

Empire definately needs some flame weapons, no doubt, to help combat all the regeneration cheese.

But I don't think having the WP give magical flaming attacks to the unit it is the answer.  I'd say this would better be reserved for a banner (god knows our current banners SUCK!).

We also need at least one magical flaming weapon.  Sword of power would be a good one to upgrade.

Flaming arrows would be a nice option for archers as well.

I do think that allowing the whole unit to have magical weapons would be a nice touch.  I think this should be at a modest points cost (10-15) and should not count against the priests magic item allotment.

Or it could be something like the Brettonians praying to the lady (maybe the unit must do nothing for one round whilst the priest says prayers for the whole unit).

Really?!   I think that 'the entire high elf army has the ASF rule by virtue of its martial skill alone' is a 'stupid' explanation!! OMG! They're elves!! What's better explanation from that!! They're elves!   What GW is thinking?

They weren't thinking.  They were watching LOTR, and thought: "Hey we should make warhammer elves strike first, because it looked cool in that one scene from Lord of the Rings!"

And thus, yet another retarded GW descision came to pass.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:55:56 AM by Pistol Pete »
Desperately seeking Chaos Warrior heads & Skull banner tops from new empire missle troops sprue.  Will trade for bitz, barter, or $$$.  PM or email me to discuss details.

Offline Pistol Pete

• Members
  • Pistolicious!
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 12:47:49 AM »
you think aquatic is overpowered? Its one of the most useless special rules in the entire game

Aquatic is one of those situational rules.  It's largely worthless, but on a water heavy map, having troops that can move through it freely is incredibly powerful, if the other guy doesn't have the same ability.

I really HATE unbalanced rules like this, that are either too weak or too powerful depending on the game.
Desperately seeking Chaos Warrior heads & Skull banner tops from new empire missle troops sprue.  Will trade for bitz, barter, or $$$.  PM or email me to discuss details.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 10:51:23 PM »
How bout call it alternatively the sword of Aqshy or blessed weapons of sigmar.

Either a straight flaming bonus of +1S +2 vs undead, demons, or flammable, like treemen and dryads. 

or something more like +2 all the time and can cast magic missiles like a staff.

Back to unit buffs or the unit buffing the priest,  How bout the idea that the rank bonus adds to the power level of the prayers, as well as having won or lost combat in the last turn +- 1. 

Priests of Morr really should cause fear in units which can be banished since that is their job, laying the dead to rest and settling restless spirits.  Perhaps terror even from an arch lector of Morr.  Witch hunters should be priests of Morr, or at least acolytes, or bailiffs.

"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline The Dice-Shaman

• Members
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2009, 06:37:26 AM »
To get back on track:  I agree that WPs should have consecrated weapons.  Another idea I have depends on what the new editon core rule book does with magic.

I'd like it if the two power dice in the csting pool could be used to augment a WPs bound spells.  One dice per prayer and if it rolls a 1 the unworthy priest is not heard by his god.  Pretty simple and helps us balance against this insane escalation of magic and such known as 7th edition.

In most games, I prefer to solve my problems with lightning, being a Shaman and all.  Soo i'ma have to pray to the horned rat until 8th edition.
If your Speculum falls into a river of lava, don't reach in after it.  It's already gone bro...

Offline Skyros

• Members
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 03:26:10 PM »
I'm generally happy with warrior priests (although I think they could stand to be cheaper).

I would like a WP with a magical weapon, however. And it's fluffy too!

Offline Utsujin

• Members
  • Oldblood Ticon
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 07:05:12 PM »
Not to resurrect thread but with all the power creep going on.. what if the WP had 3 attacks standard instead of 2?  After seeing how lame the plague priest is from the skaven dex.. It would be be almost equivalent... Considering they're both priests... lol.  Then 4 attacks with 2 hand weapons.