home

Author Topic: No New Daemons Army Book?  (Read 3018 times)

Offline Overlord Fuzz

• Members
  • Sigmund of the Sacred Scythe
No New Daemons Army Book?
« on: August 06, 2010, 04:36:43 PM »
I looked and saw Daemons launched, but I didn't see a new book. Are they not getting one, my friend wants to start daemons and he was wondering to buy the one on the site now or wait.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
Re: No New Daemons Army Book?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 04:41:57 PM »
They wont be getting one for a while, they are one of the newest books.

The next rumoured book is Orcs and Goblins, sometime in the first quarter of 2011.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 05:29:06 PM »
Yeah, this isn't a new army release, just some new plastic models for units that didn't have them in plastic before. Their army book is fairly new. They won't be getting a new book for a while, so your friend may as well go for it.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 05:33:38 PM »
Yeah this was just a splash release, not a full bore redo.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline darkman889

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 10:00:17 PM »
Hmmmm, after Orcs and Goblins, Bretonnia?  My brother won't even play anymore because they got so nerfed.  Do they have a timeline of when books come out or is it random?

Offline Freman Bloodglaive

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 10:47:55 PM »
Well with 8th edition rules rendering Daemons slightly less powerful I wouldn't be surprised if Mat Ward wanted to redo the book. I imagine he wouldn't want to make major changes, just drop their points cost by a quarter (so they can horde better) and improve their save to 4+ while allowing Nurgle to combine ward and regenearation saves. After all, that makes them better value right?
"Reason is a thing of God, inasmuch as there is nothing which God the Maker of all has not provided, disposed, ordained by reason - nothing which He has not willed should be handled and understood by reason" Quintus Tertullian

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 10:51:57 PM »
There is a reason ward saves and regen saves are allowed any more. I highly doubt they'll let Nurgle be able to do it again. Even with the slight nerf batting Daemons took in 8th edition, they are still one of the top tier armies. I seriously hope they don't get a points decrease or have their ward saves increase to 4+. Those would put them right back at the the top of the list for the best army again.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 10:53:05 PM »
His post was possibly slightly sarcastic.
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 10:56:14 PM »
Sarcastic? Moi?

What would give anyone that idea? ;)
"Reason is a thing of God, inasmuch as there is nothing which God the Maker of all has not provided, disposed, ordained by reason - nothing which He has not willed should be handled and understood by reason" Quintus Tertullian

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 11:09:48 PM »
Hmmmm, after Orcs and Goblins, Bretonnia?  My brother won't even play anymore because they got so nerfed.  Do they have a timeline of when books come out or is it random?
What? They didn't get nerfed that bad.

Did your brother suck, and like to just autowin?

Pass the machete.

Offline darkman889

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 11:18:34 PM »
Well, my bro is young, and he does suck...(I hope he never learns I said that!) and he never wins.  I've noticed he does have an extraordinary amount of bad luck.  But...he had an entirely knight army, no infantry, and his cavalry can't break anything to save their life now.  And steadfast makes him pull his hair out. 

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 11:23:22 PM »
Tell him he wants great weapons... great weapons and cannon... great weapons, cannon, and fantical dedication to the Pope...
Okay, let's start over.

Offline darkman889

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 11:28:22 PM »
Tell him he wants great weapons... great weapons and cannon... great weapons, cannon, and fantical dedication to the Pope...
Okay, let's start over.

My bro plays Bretonnians.

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 11:35:22 PM »
His post was possibly slightly sarcastic.

Hmm, didn't detect it at all! :eusa_wall:
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 11:37:54 PM »
Then he's in trouble isn't he. :)

Make bigger units of knights. They only need three models to get a rank so it should be possible to gain enough ranks to break the steadfast (block of 18?) and then rely on Bret's ability to kill to break the enemy.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 12:09:08 AM »
Well, my bro is young, and he does suck...(I hope he never learns I said that!) and he never wins.  I've noticed he does have an extraordinary amount of bad luck.  But...he had an entirely knight army, no infantry, and his cavalry can't break anything to save their life now.  And steadfast makes him pull his hair out.
Ah, I thought you meant that he played Demons.
Brettonians have been nerfed, yes.

Pass the machete.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 12:49:29 AM »
Only slightly.   Their lance formation means that they should be able to break steadfast easy enough, except against battle buses, and they do have cheap infantry, its crap but that is okay when you horde up, and some of the best archers in the game

Offline Odominus

• Members
  • Winter is Coming
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 01:27:30 AM »
And don't forget that dude that has heroic KB ::heretic::
Odo drops the bombs and laughs at all the clucking.

......, it would really help if you did research before spouting your opinion...