home

Author Topic: Wish list for the Faith  (Read 2783 times)

Offline pippin_nl

• Members
Wish list for the Faith
« on: November 20, 2011, 09:06:48 AM »
Divine Force instead of Blessings of Sigmar

Divine Force: Priests may roll a maximum of 2 dice to dispel a spell during the opponent's magic phase. The spell is succesfully dispelled if the number rolled exceeds the modified roll of the enemy wizard or if a double is rolled.

Divine Force: Arch Lectors may roll a maximum of 4 dice to dispel a spell during the opponent's magic phase. The spell is succesfully dispelled if the number rolled exceeds the modified roll of the enemy wizard or if a double is rolled.

Prayers of Sigmar:

Priests may roll a maximum of 2 dice to cast a spell. Arch Lectors may roll a maximum of 4 dice to cast a spell. Any double is cast with Divine Power (no dispel possible).

Spells (until next magic phase = u, remains in play = r, permanent = p):

Healing Hand (p): 6+ Heal all wounds suffered by a model in the same unit

Ressurection (p): Double: Retrieve a model lost by the unit; this may be a character (only if the character was joined to the unit) or champion

Champion of Sigmar (u): 6+ Single model in the unit may reroll all failed to hit and to wound rolls / Double: Single model in the unit may reroll all rolls

Shield of Sigmar (u): 6+ Single model gains 4+ ward save / Double: Single model gains 4+ ward save and may reroll all saves and tests

Wrath of Sigmar (p): 6+ Enemy unit in base contact suffers 1d6 S4 hits (no armour saves) / Double: 2d6 S4 hits (undead & daemons suffer S5 hits)

Mind of Sigmar (u): 6+ Unit joined becomes immune to psychology / Double: Unit joined becomes unbreakable

Offline Athiuen

• Members
  • The Old World
Re: Wish list for the Faith
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 09:23:38 AM »
I see where you are going: making the prayers more like a magic lore.
But I wonder whether priest abilities will become more akin to casting in 40k:  You can only cast a certain amount of times and you have to either pass leadership or roll (lets say) a 4+.
Quote from: warhammerlord_soth
No beer was wasted.
They fired at a can of Heineken.
The end is Neigh!
Quote from: Swan-of-War
Curse you clearly-written rules!

Offline DivineVisitor

• Members
  • Hammer Time
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 05:54:40 AM »
Looks interesting anyway, hoping they do something more that what we have currently with the prayers anyway.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 06:09:59 AM by DivineVisitor »

Offline Phloop

• Members
  • Sigmar is my Personal Lord and Savior
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 11:18:10 AM »
Currently the Prayers are killer at forcing your opponent's hand when it comes to dispel and power dice. The more prayers you have flicking around the board the more they waste their dice. Killer magic defence.

However, the rules you're proposing would remove that role. Honestly, if that's the change I'd only use prayers on things like the Stank or Walter, maybe in challenges. And in that case, it's a glorified Lore of Beasts.

Not flaming, just my opinion: Single model spells really, really suck. I know the priests are currently overpowered, but it's too much of a gimp. Maybe make it double casting value affects the whole unit, but if it's a single model I'd leave the priest at home.
The Catholic Church is more Warhammer than Warhammer ever will be.