home

Author Topic: Is Fantasy Back - Everything comes round again. Even squares  (Read 34621 times)

Offline Draccan

• Members
Re: Is Fantasy Back - Everything comes round again. Even squares
« Reply #225 on: January 11, 2021, 03:24:20 PM »
Noticed there are boundary differences in the southern part of the Empire maybe Averland, Wissenland, and Pheildorf?  If the new game is set in the 2200's, Solland has already fallen back in 1707.
My assumption was it was a non-congruent supporter of one of the four Imperial claimants.
My guess is that these locations will be allied with Reikland & Altdorf.

What the story of the three emperors in this period and what's going on with Empire? And what's the story of Marienburg? Part of the Empire?
Well on the old fluff there would be four Emperors if 2200s is the setting: The Ottilian line of the Emperors in Talabecland who were the first 'pretenders' in 1360, the Wolf Emperors of Middenheim who split off after the Sigmarites refused to allow seating of Electors that would have voted for the popular Middenheim Graf in the Volkshalle of 1547, the Electoral Emperors of Marienburg who were victors of the last true Volkshalle in 1979 but denied the crown by the Grand Theogonist, and then whatever Sigmarite Emperor the Cult of Sigmar backed which it appears is Reikland is in the era of this map.

Marienburg and the Grand Barony of the Westerland is very much part of the Empire and would have had a Runefang (it later went to Nordland which was perhaps a dependent or in personal union with Marienburg and non-Grand province at the time).

This sounds pretty darn interesting.

I am not going to lie, I am very reluctant to think Forge World will lead this as if it is a minor game. I do hope for new plastics and broad support. And a scale change for me is a deal breaker if it invalidates my army.

I have a somewhat big (huge?) Empire army that still needs painting incl. a Landship and lots of old and rare models. I wanted to paint them as a Marienburg army. I hope they are still somewhat independent and proud in this period. I can't relate to the rest of the Empire that well..
:happy: :happy:

Plot wise - I think this thread definitely piqued my curiosity
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 04:04:44 PM by Draccan »

Offline Spiney

• Members
  • Merchant Prince of Marienburg
« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2021, 10:45:50 PM »

Marienburg and the Grand Barony of the Westerland is very much part of the Empire and would have had a Runefang (it later went to Nordland which was perhaps a dependent or in personal union with Marienburg and non-Grand province at the time).

That’s very interesting, I wasn’t aware that there ever was a Westerland Runefang, I suppose that because Westerland didn’t become an imperial province until 500 years after the runefangs were made it was unlikely they had one.

I may have to build and paint myself a new general before WtOW properly releases.

Brain wounder: for when you don't want to kill your enemies, just leave them bedridden and pissing themselves.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2021, 10:55:50 PM »
For a discussion on this very topic, see https://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=47520.msg857879#msg857879 and following.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #228 on: January 12, 2021, 04:28:33 AM »
I have a somewhat big (huge?) Empire army that still needs painting incl. a Landship and lots of old and rare models. I wanted to paint them as a Marienburg army. I hope they are still somewhat independent and proud in this period. I can't relate to the rest of the Empire that well..
:happy: :happy:

Same here! I used my Landship as a steam tank. I would love for it to see action again.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #229 on: January 12, 2021, 11:11:21 AM »
For a discussion on this very topic, see https://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=47520.msg857879#msg857879 and following.

I should have remembered this, would have saved me some typing earlier.

Oh an addition to our discussion there I just noticed an interesting change in the wording from WHFRP 1 to WHFRP 2 (Sidenote this was even before this discussion came back up as I was attempting to find a good name for the general I was giving the Electoral title of the Westerland to in Warhammer Total War 2). In one, so Sold Down the River, the Westerland is noted as having been created by Sigismund's conquests in 501 but this is then changed in Sigmar's Heirs to say "adds the former lands of Jutonsryk to the province of Westerland". So by WHFRP 2 reckoning the Westerland existed previous to 501 and was not created out of it.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2021, 04:11:44 AM »
It just occurred to me that the online campaign, sponsored by folks here from W-E, called the Crisis in Marienburg being set in the 2199 to 2201 puts that fluff in the range of what is being speculated for GW's return to the Old World.  I'm hoping that is this an accurate hypothesis, then it might allow me to bring my characters from that event into the rumored eventual release of the new fluff/game/figures.  Or perhaps their ancestors if sometime before, or their heirs if well after.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra