home

Author Topic: The Quest for a New Magnifier Lamp ...  (Read 994 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
The Quest for a New Magnifier Lamp ...
« on: May 11, 2021, 03:23:00 PM »
Last time I bought a magnifier lamp for use with painting was probably 15 years ago.

Since my previous one had its peg that fits in a desk clamp snap on me this past Sunday, time to go hunting for a new one.

Stopped in where I purchased the old one, at a Staples supply store.  Nope.  And they suggested Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

I don't do Hobby Lobby, and so I went to Michaels.  Michaels only had things that a person can wear on their head, not my preference.  They suggested I search their website, and when I asked to use their computer that sits at the frame ordering location, they suggested I use a phone.

Ok ... so obviously that Michael's isn't interested in customer service ... so ... home again, home again

Went searching on the internet ... nothing really on Michaels website for what I am looking to buy.  And when I googled, multiple links came up for Amazon.  They must be in league with each other.  I found a site that sells such equipment, but still not quite what I'm looking for again.  Then I went to a Sears link from google, which they seem to be close for what I was looking to have.

Anyway, it was late.  No decision making on those items yet.  The days of going into a store, and finding and seeing what one is buying sometimes seem to be dwindling.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra