home

Author Topic: Chumley Warner's Empire. 3D printing  (Read 1802804 times)

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
Re: Chumley Warner's Empire. Elven Updates
« Reply #8075 on: March 03, 2017, 08:19:26 PM »
I am interested if there is a like for like comparison of aos vs 8 the ed whfb profits ,,,,

So as to be sure their improvement in financials is not related more to 40 k , blood bowl etc
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #8076 on: March 03, 2017, 08:39:44 PM »
Chumley ... now you're keeping me going! :icon_lol:

I don't care how much profit they are making selling crud figures, especially when their prices are worse than buying goldswords.

Somebody recently pointed out they aren't even selling 28mm anymore.  Heroic 28mm crud no, it's like they are 40mm!  Don't get me wrong, I buy 40mm AWI, but 40mm GW, no thank you.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:58:10 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8077 on: March 04, 2017, 02:03:27 AM »
Have to jump in on Baron's side lol. I personally love the new armies and I have now submerged myself in all the new books and totally like it. I love all the previous empire work and  fluff and the whole old world but if GW can continue with the sculpts like the excelsior priest then I'm not the least worried. I'm even loving the new (cough) chaos (sputter) models. 
Don't worry, I'm not leading any horses to water but I'm gonna roll with the new 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #8078 on: March 04, 2017, 03:03:35 AM »
I quite agree, friend. :happy: (except for that heresy part about appealing chaos models. It's Order or bust for me. :wink: )
And where was this published? Not that such a topic fits this thread. 

The news about it was all over the place from Dakkadakka to Reddit last year, I posted the profit comparison in the AoS rumor thread.

Quote from: Mymearan 693116 9126685 2bf8706c263775725193980811454140.jpg
So an operating profit for 2016 of

£16.86m + £13.8m = £30,66? That is CRAZY good!

Someone posted this:

-------Income Statement - 31 May '15 - 1 Jun '14 - 2 Jun '13 - 3 Jun '12 - 29 May '11
 --Operating Profit / Loss - 16.48 -------- 12.3 ------- 21.25 ------ 19.14 ------ 15.24

Even if you factor in several million in currency profit, that is still more than any of the the last five years.

It appears listening to your customers does pay off, who knew :D

It's also good to note that someone calculated the combined royalties (Total War Warhammer,  Vermintide, etc) and they only made up 1/6 of GW's profit. The rest was all tabletop. :-D [/Quote]

One figure does not a collection of new figures make.

Indeed, you said "any" figures though. Nit-picky of me perhaps but it was worth pointing out.
I am interested if there is a like for like comparison of aos vs 8 the ed whfb profits ,,,, 

Insider sources pointed out 8th edition was only making 5% profit while AoS is 30%.

It was being outsold by paint supplies, the novels and space marine sells.

8th just had too much of a gauntlet for a entry barrier.

I don't care how much profit they are making selling crud figures, especially when their prices are worse than buying goldswords.
Nor should you, it's your hobby, time and money. You should spend it on what you enjoy. :smile2:
Somebody recently pointed out they aren't even selling 28mm anymore.  Heroic 28mm crud no, it's like they are 40mm!  

Umm, maybe the giant monster and chaos stuff? Everything else is the same scale as the older stuff, take away a Fyreslayer's helmet and he's the exact height of a regular dwarf.

The Excelsior Priest from ST is an exception as he's bigger than an average person but that's justified in his background lore as a uncommonly large tribe leader of 9 feet.

Sorry for derailing this amazing paint thread. :icon_redface:
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #8079 on: March 04, 2017, 01:33:17 PM »
8th just had too much of a gauntlet for a entry barrier.

I agree with this, and have always said its the reason why it failed commercially. Having a requirement for bigger units at first when 8th ed was released was a good idea, because it booster profits while people increased the unit sizes they already had. Once that was done, they then buy the customary new unit releases. However that reduces the likelihood of new or existing players buying an additional army, because to get the desired model count, ended up costing too much and people didnt bother. Which is why sales plumetted and couldnt recover under that ruleset.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #8080 on: March 04, 2017, 01:49:42 PM »
I just want Warhammer classic back ...keep AOS but allow players to go back in time to a simpler time of war and destruction. Castles and mushrooms, towers, and crazy wizards. Stupid Sigmar ruined the world  :dry:   
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #8081 on: March 05, 2017, 01:40:51 PM »
Afternoon Mr Warner. Is that some of your on e-bay already ? Sorry no spare money, need no boiler, been without heat and hot water for nearly a month. Do wish I had a collection like that.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8082 on: March 05, 2017, 01:54:55 PM »
Afternoon Mr Warner. Is that some of your on e-bay already ? Sorry no spare money, need no boiler, been without heat and hot water for nearly a month. Do wish I had a collection like that.

That is harsh! Bloody boilers. For a fairly simple and effective heat system they are hellishly expensive to fix.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #8083 on: March 05, 2017, 09:30:25 PM »
On a similar note - my car broke...  again :icon_cry:

Re AoS - sure, if you like that kind of thing, go ahead. Still don't know why they had to destroy my favourite game world to do it. And the Stormcast are just very silly fantasy Space Marines, however nicely you paint them (though I will admit I like some of their animal friends, even if they should have Tzeentch warriors riding them!). Speaking of which, I worry that WH40k suddenly has a new apocalyptic story line kicking off, now I'm waiting for them to ruin that too (I don't play, but I'd still be upset!)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8084 on: March 05, 2017, 10:43:27 PM »
Oh I understand the resentment for sure. Out of nowhere comes the new system. I had 4 complete fantasy armies and 6 40k armies and 8 years invested in them plus bloodbowl and dread fleet plus tons of terrain and every armybook for 3 editions. When I think of the money sunk in it I could cry but everyone is different and it seems a pattern in my life  when the sweet spot is found, everything turns upside down and calls for a new approach. Out of my group of six seasoned players 5 of them said screw it and went to other games. It was the only group I was actively involved with in a hobby sense and they were great guys. Funny as hell and I really miss it but the new system still allows me to use them and I'm thinking I still love the hobby so I'm hitching my horse to their cart and riding for awhile 😺

Edit: sorry mr chumley. I've derailed this for the last time. I promise 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 10:45:44 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8085 on: March 06, 2017, 12:51:21 AM »
I just want Warhammer classic back ...keep AOS but allow players to go back in time to a simpler time of war and destruction. Castles and mushrooms, towers, and crazy wizards. Stupid Sigmar ruined the world  :dry:
Then make it your preferred fantasy world and just do it!

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #8086 on: March 06, 2017, 12:45:16 PM »
That's what I'm doing with the Von Trinkenessen Chronicles, even at times going back to Pre Hammer.::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic::.
GENTLEMAN OF WAR

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8087 on: March 06, 2017, 01:04:28 PM »
That's what I'm doing with the Von Trinkenessen Chronicles, even at times going back to Pre Hammer.::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic::.

.......... a very, very old Club     :engel:

and is it just me, or do other people keep reading the current version of the thread title, and wonder where the other ten updates are ............ :closed-eyes:
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #8088 on: March 06, 2017, 02:32:45 PM »
Chumley has been quiet...
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8089 on: March 06, 2017, 03:04:08 PM »
Chumley has been quiet...

Alright, I'll be the one...

Too quiet.......
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

• Members
« Reply #8090 on: March 06, 2017, 05:01:51 PM »
Life is taking it's toll gents, baby boy and 3 year old boy, plus work !

I have my eye on some metal Tomb Guard !

The models are amazing ,

Undead lol
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

• Members
Re: Chumley Warner's Empire. MM44 War Griffon - Marauder 1987
« Reply #8091 on: March 07, 2017, 02:04:20 PM »
Guys and Gals,

For sometime i've been thinking the scaling is all wrong with 28 mm ... They keep making the models too big..

Then I saw on e bay , someone selling a Marauder War Griffon , :))

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #8092 on: March 07, 2017, 02:26:08 PM »
That's an oversized chicken! Really cool model! Where's the rider from?
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

• Members
« Reply #8093 on: March 07, 2017, 02:44:18 PM »
Kit bashed , Knoght of the Blazing Sun metal, plus bits  :biggriin:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8094 on: March 07, 2017, 02:59:08 PM »
Good to see that griffon, thanks!

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #8095 on: March 07, 2017, 03:14:46 PM »
oh wow that's an old school model !! nice  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #8096 on: March 07, 2017, 03:35:26 PM »
Looks really neat-o! :smile2:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #8097 on: March 07, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »
good grief this reminds me of this player back during 3-4th edition ( cant remember) had a chaos lord of Korne mounted on this griffin, helm of many eyes, two handed weapon. Good grief killed entire units  :unsure: 
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

• Members
« Reply #8098 on: March 07, 2017, 04:48:49 PM »
I have begun painting , this is a WIP,

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #8099 on: March 07, 2017, 05:44:15 PM »
nice work so far ...round base??  :unsure: lol
Yes I'm dyslexic so what