home

Author Topic: Chumley Warner's Empire. 3D printing  (Read 1802877 times)

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
Re: Chumley Warner Empire Images
« Reply #1725 on: January 18, 2012, 08:13:24 PM »
dang!

any1 got a good link to a painted horse eye ?

lol

CMON have banned me for life
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #1726 on: January 18, 2012, 08:41:48 PM »
sign up under a different user name, give them some more shit for revenge :icon_twisted:
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline TheElectorCount43

• Members
« Reply #1727 on: January 18, 2012, 09:03:01 PM »
dang!

lol

Horses don't have human eyes as said before. Apart from that you models are fantastic  :::cheers:::

Offline Kirgan

• Members
« Reply #1729 on: January 19, 2012, 12:35:02 AM »
dang!

lol

Why :icon_question: :icon_question: :icon_question: :unsure:
Commission Painting-PM  :)

Offline cjp

• Members
« Reply #1730 on: January 19, 2012, 08:03:52 AM »
dang!

Basically you should see little to no white, unless they are upset or scared. I usually just do almost the whole thing with a brown ink or smoke glaze, and a dot of white for a reflection. Or, just a big black/brown dot that takes up all but the corners, leaving the wee-est bit in white.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #1731 on: January 19, 2012, 01:22:56 PM »
I paint human eyes and horse eyes the same way, but my cack-handed detail painting means everyone looks like of equine.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

• Members
« Reply #1732 on: January 19, 2012, 01:28:37 PM »
i got me a 0.05 mm nib black marker pen , for eyes cheating!

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1733 on: January 19, 2012, 01:45:02 PM »
can you get them at a hobby shop? or craft store?
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

• Members
« Reply #1734 on: January 19, 2012, 02:05:26 PM »
probably, but ebay is best !

Offline Porkix

• Members
« Reply #1735 on: January 20, 2012, 08:41:59 AM »
I love the Valten minis but I found out the face of valten ver very very hard to paint, the proportion are too normal and don't have the cartoonish look that make it easy to paint.
My result was ... awfull.

Chum, do you have a close-up of the your valten? So I can try to rectify mine...

Porkix

• Members
« Reply #1736 on: January 21, 2012, 02:01:41 PM »
I bought some moderately ok painted chaos knights for Brian to use on the 4th of feb against me, which I will sell back on e bay most likely.

Anyway, i checked the guys commission website, who had painted the knights;  and his work was mediocre at best, possibly I would say amateurish,

it's bizarre that bad painters think they are commission artists!

the guys mum had written on his page about how proud they were of him,

oh dear

How much do people make commission painting?

eg. let's say for an Empire character on foot , painted to GW standard?

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #1737 on: January 21, 2012, 06:56:14 PM »
not enough to be worth doing mate.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

• Members
« Reply #1738 on: January 21, 2012, 07:08:31 PM »
Indeed

Shame really

Offline Kirgan

• Members
« Reply #1739 on: January 22, 2012, 10:44:57 AM »
I bought some moderately ok painted chaos knights for Brian to use on the 4th of feb against me, which I will sell back on e bay most likely.

Anyway, i checked the guys commission website, who had painted the knights;  and his work was mediocre at best, possibly I would say amateurish,

it's bizarre that bad painters think they are commission artists!

the guys mum had written on his page about how proud they were of him,

oh dear

How much do people make commission painting?

eg. let's say for an Empire character on foot , painted to GW standard?

It is not problem for GW standard it is about price because every person would say when he should pay : "It is to much for me" (even if you ask ok price), But when is work of that person (even if is lower then yours) he will say:" That is good price for you"
So I think that is question about standardization of price for some level of painting (how much hours cost, materials and can painter make it enough for living and be professional )
Example for about GW standard you ask about 8-10 pounds per foot soldier etc. (so if someone wish he will know either to paint or asko for commission)
If someone fix that question you will know the answer  :engel:
Commission Painting-PM  :)

• Members
« Reply #1740 on: January 23, 2012, 03:37:39 PM »

• Members
Re: Chumley Warner Empire Images - Emperor's Chosen Guard
« Reply #1741 on: January 23, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »
The emperors chosen guard, a standing unit of 200 able men, plucked as elites from successful battles up and down the land.

Any member must pass a rigorous entry test, and only a small minority each year make it through, some even die  in the famous forest marathon, a 30 mile trek through dangerous beast filled forests!

Although they no longer fight alongside KF, they are called upon when the Empire is threatened by a superior evil.

Clad in Full Plate, these men fight with sword or axe and shield , with such skill and finesse that they move as swiftly as a man in leather armour.

no 3 up!

• Members
« Reply #1742 on: January 23, 2012, 05:42:14 PM »

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #1743 on: January 23, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »
Nice work.

It's odd seeing these old minis getting a paint job that far exceeds the kind you would have seen at the time they were made

• Members
« Reply #1744 on: January 23, 2012, 05:50:16 PM »
cheers i'm really trying to make some bizarre novelty units , with models that other people don't tend to paint

Offline Tiny

• Members
« Reply #1745 on: January 23, 2012, 05:59:04 PM »
Loving the blue/purple colour combo. May have to pinch the idea for one of my mercenary regiments. Should fit in well with my army as that uses blue as a spot colour on everything.

I also love seeing all these old miniatures given a new lease of life. Keep em coming MrCW.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #1746 on: January 23, 2012, 06:00:21 PM »
I've got 5 or 6 units (of around 20-25) of those old models, that for the most part need stripping and re-painting.  The trouble for me is they're all a bit mix'n'match style wise, some could pass happily as Empire, some look Bretonnian, others just look out of place, and they're all odd sizes as well.  I think if I set in my mind that they were mercenary units, who just used whatever armour they found adventuring, or had passed down from ancestors, maybe in my mind I could fit them in easier. 

Then again, I need to get paint on hundreds and hundreds of models, so in all likelihood they'll never get re-done

• Members
« Reply #1747 on: January 23, 2012, 06:34:53 PM »
I'm on a quest to buy every empire GW model ever made , it could take years

I discovered on Solegends a whole new section with about 500 models in , uuuurrrrrrrrggggg

I need to get me the cry havoc greatsword, and the unreleased flagellant standard bearer

potentially my eventual painted collection might be worth £1K's

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #1748 on: January 23, 2012, 06:54:15 PM »
I'm on a similar mission, but with the advantage of having a got a lot of them from when they came out, but with gaps here and there.  From 4th edition onwards, the only stuff I'm missing are the Estalian style handgunners and swordsmen, a couple of the Horse Archer variants, one of the Mordheim Witch Hunters, which is still available from GW online, but you can't pick which if the 4 you get given, and I don't want to buy 10 to get the 1 I want, and end up with duplicates. And some of the rare multipart Sisters of Sigmar variants. I think I have pretty much everything else from 4th onwards.   And quite a lot of the Marauder Miniatures stuff (Which back then would have been used by anyone no-complaints, unlike the is it official or not arguament you get with Forgeworld these days).  And I've got lots of the Citadel Fighter series, some of which was labeled as Empire towards the end of 3rd Edition.  And a handful of pre-slotta stuff which really aren't worth chasing down unless you're truly obsessed and minted.

Of course I'm saying this to illustrate what I've collected, and to show off a little bit,but let me be clear, I'm not selling!  Sorry! 

• Members
« Reply #1749 on: January 23, 2012, 10:33:10 PM »
had this model in my drawer for some time awaiting my inspiration