home

Author Topic: Non-Discworld Stuff - It must be early morning.  (Read 9641 times)

Offline Brother Sutek

• Members
Re: UltraMarines - NOT!
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2019, 12:39:40 AM »
Love the chaos marine that is awesome! Pose is captured spot on and paint job is great.
I may disagree with what you say but I respect your right to be punished for it.

"CRRUUDDDAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!!" <shakes fist at the sky>
-Pirate Robot Ninja of Death

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: UltraMarines - NOT!
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2019, 10:31:38 PM »
For some reason Foreigner's "Jukebox Hero" came to mind ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr6KVNt-1Ek

Well done! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline JAK

• Members
Nr Cerbera Base 945.M41
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2019, 07:37:20 PM »
Busta Morgon – Ork Hunter

The local GW July Painting Comp.is a human of the Imperium. I did have some early Imp. Guards but other than a few arms I can’t find them – got rid of a lot of 40K stuff a year or so ago but I kept a few figures just in case I could make use of them but seems I got rid of the guards.

The figure is a mixture of plastic and metal, some of origins unknown and the fluff of the Armageddon Ork Hunters seemed to fit what was built. There are three variations of camouflage pattern on his clothing – which works too well as it’s been difficult to get good photos.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
Re: Nr Cerbera Base 945.M41
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2019, 06:37:02 PM »
Awesome. :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline JAK

• Members
Painting Comp. Entries
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2019, 02:27:46 PM »
This was my entry in the GW Everchosen competition the other weekend. I was planning to buy the Kal Jerico figure to do until I was reminded that this figure was in my neglected “not even considered let alone close to the 2 Do” box. The turtle is Milliput and Green Stuff with some bits having been cast from a shaped pencil rubber.

The Stormcast was for last weekend’s competition which is simply any Stormcast figure. As usual I’ve painted in the colours of my favourite 40K legion and shows how they chose their Chapter Badge (before the modern ‘eavy Metal team decided it was too difficult to paint.)

[/url]

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Re: Non-Discworld Stuff
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2019, 03:28:46 PM »
Nice work sir  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2019, 04:00:33 PM »
Lots of action captured in those two, well done! :eusa_clap: :::cheers::: :icon_cool:

By the way, for those less familiar with all the 40K space marine chapters, what is the name of your favorite chapter?

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2019, 06:42:53 PM »
By the way, for those less familiar with all the 40K space marine chapters, what is the name of your favorite chapter?

Hi GP – I guess, like me, you were born long after the birth of the Mentor Legion in White Dwarf 98, Feb 1988. At the time they had special rules and equipment that meant they were quite powerful and you could only ally a squad to your army. Their badge then was an owl’s face (similar to figures belt buckle and birds head), but was changed some time ago to a red raptor's head.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2019, 07:38:08 PM »
Ah!  Yes, that is the chapter I started doing.  Didn't recognize because of your green color being different than what was shown in the Space Marine chapters book I have somewhere.  GW used a darker green, almost like a deep emerald, might have been called Dark Angels Green, back in the day.

I'd like to find a copy of that article, didn't know it existed, would love to read it.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2019, 07:40:33 PM »
You've reminded me that a Mentor squad is still on my Rogue Trader Space Marine To Do list... (thanks?  :icon_wink:)

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2019, 09:24:37 AM »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2019, 10:56:17 AM »
Cool, good stuff there, thanks for posting!  That is the most I've read on the chapter in one place.  Excellent.

Offline JAK

• Members
Re: Non-Discworld Stuff - more Ultras
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2019, 07:54:45 PM »
Somehow I’ve been conned into painting more Ultras but as I’ve been paid in plastic no-one can complain about me buying stuff. It’s 40k so I’ll be taking a break from Discworld for the next few months. Just hoping our GW store continues to hold its mini-army painting competition during the first 3 or 4 months of next year as this project is perfect for it and will give me a target to complete by.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2019, 08:36:10 AM »
Nice, as ever. What really struck me was the bases. They're standing on some kind of Necron stelae? And I just love the colouring of the sand!

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2019, 01:27:49 PM »
I have to ask. Is the ultra marine hero guys backpack from an old kit?

Offline TheHoundmaster

• Members
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2019, 06:36:55 PM »
Great work as always!
"What I like best about a siege is that there is nowhere for them to run..."
+++ Witch-hunter Zacharia Schmundt +++

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2019, 06:52:14 PM »
Bases – When I was painting the figures for ‘the Sands of Ioto’ (on page 1) we had a discussion on fantasy and the fact most modellers finish their models based on earth’s equivalents rather than doing something otherworldly i.e. unusual or different. My friend’s favourite colour is purple and when I came to do the base I remembered orange sand cropped up a few times in the discussion so that’s what I went for.

The Necron connection is due to me obtaining a cheap box of figures last year. I have used some parts in my builds and doing these ruins seemed to be a way of using the decals.

Sorry but I’ve no idea about the Ultramarine Honour Guard and his back pack; I know he was purchased on Ebay but the bolt pistol and boltgun are from my friend’s bits box. To me the backpack looks normal marine equipment.

Offline JAK

• Members
Re: Non-Discworld Stuff - Two more Ultras
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2020, 08:52:31 PM »
Two more Ultras for my friend’s collection. One is Sergeant Telion but I don’t know if the other has a name.

I’ve been working on a Legion of Legend competition at the local GW store, it is basically a small group/army of 4 items/units but my initial ideas for it have got a little out of hand and if I build everything it could be an Armies on Parade entry by the end of the year. I’ll therefore give it a thread of its own – The Apatoa Pahure Pioneer Corps – to start later this month.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 08:59:04 PM by JAK »

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re: Non-Discworld Stuff - Two more Ultras
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2020, 07:26:11 AM »
I am interested to hear/see more!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline JAK

• Members
Re: Non-Discworld Stuff - Witch Hunter Inquisitor
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2020, 04:49:11 PM »
Witch Hunter Inquisitor

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2020, 12:16:37 AM »
I am not familiar with this model?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2020, 12:18:15 AM »
I am not familiar with this model?

40k conversion?
Awesome as usual
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2020, 08:16:51 AM »
One of three Witch Hunter Inquisitors designed by Jaun Diaz and released by GW in 2004 which my friend acquired a few months back when GW did one of those limited reruns. He’s adding an Inquisitor’s warband to his Ultras which is why she has the blue robes.
Like all my photos the image is a lot brighter than in real life.

Offline JAK

• Members
Re: Non-Discworld Stuff - Adepta Sororitas Hospitaller
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2021, 06:50:33 PM »
A one-off commission that has kept me busy this past month – Sisters of Battle Hospitaller

Offline JAK

• Members
Re: Non-Discworld Stuff - Discworld OrK OOK NOT?
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2021, 10:43:53 AM »
I see Discworld related things everywhere.

I need a few Orkky bits for a project so I obtained the free Ork Nob from GW this month to get them. The shop then held a painting competition so I had to build and paint what was left of him which included adding a few bits from the bits-box to replace missing parts. The gyphe on his fez came from the original Ork battlewagon and is clearly meant to be a tortoise so I had to follow my usual practice of adding the Great God Om’s name to the purity seal.

It was a good excuse to get my paints out of storage but they have suffered with the heat. I haven’t checked them all yet but I’ve lost about a quarter of those looked at with others being revived with acrylic thinners. The annoying/strange thing is that it is the new GW  paints that suffer most yet their original Citadel Colours from the 1980/90s that I inherited are still going strong.

There are orcs in Discworld but not as you know them.